• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT20| HoW Comes, No Raid?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So are we going to be able to upgrade our existing faction gear to light 36?

I'd love to run around in the New Monarchy set and still be max light...

Daemul

So are we going to be able to upgrade our existing faction gear to light 36?

I'd love to run around in the New Monarchy set and still be max light...

Unlike old vendor weapons we were never shown whether we could upgrade old vendor armour. The new vendor armour looks way cooler anyway so I won't be upset if we can't upgrade the old shit.

Today's update will either be really good or very vanilla lol.
Well, we should find out about what's happening with commendations at least.

I am still disappointed that no one brought up the topic of faction shaders on the stream. These changes to the vendors and upgrade system are good but the decision to have them based on a shitty RNG is mind-boggling.

Bradach

So, If i want to buy some faction armor I need to wear a class item for a chosen faction and then when i return the normal vanguard bounties i level up the relevant faction vendor.

Is that correct?

If it is, where do I need to first buy the faction class item for them? Do they accept VISA vanguard marks?

Shito

My only concern is that it seems we won't be getting a lot of new exotics this time.
It seems we'll be getting a great deal of cool new legendaries, though.

So, If i want to buy some faction armor I need to wear a class item for a chosen faction and then when i return the normal vanguard bounties i level up the relevant faction vendor.

Is that correct?

If it is, where do I need to first buy the faction class item for them? Do they accept VISA vanguard marks
You buy them from the faction vendors. With glimmers, if I remember right.

BokehKing

Banned

Is that correct?

If it is, where do I need to first buy the faction class item from them? Do they accept VISA vanguard marks
Glimmer, like 2500 I believe

Deku Tree

Another question that Datto brought up in his Video:

The PoE AR that was for sale did not have elemental damage. PoE is supposed too be the end game content.

Does that mean that no HoW end game primary weapons have elemental Burns? I guess we still need to wait for more info but ...

Got Hawkmoon last night....man it just....man.

welcome to the club! just got mine this week as well.

The PoE AR that was for sale did not have elemental damage. PoE is supposed too be the end game content.

Does that mean that no HoW end game primary weapons have elemental Burns? I guess we still need to wait for more info but ...

either its not finished or its no longer a thing which I would find dissapointing. I hope this means that burns in weekly activties isnt going away either.

Impala26

Is that correct?

If it is, where do I need to first buy the faction class item for them? Do they accept VISA vanguard marks?

The factions vendors sell two different kinds (cosmetic differences, same functionality) each for 2500 glimmer. ERIS bounties ALWAYS apply to Crota's Bane rep though... :-/

Unlike old vendor weapons we were never shown whether we could upgrade old vendor armour. The new vendor armour looks way cooler anyway so I won't be upset if we can't upgrade the old shit.

Did they say there were going to be new faction class items? The current ones are very MEH aesthetically.

Shito

Yeah, this point was brought up earlier in this thread.
I suppose it's either a placeholder thing, or Bungie's stance is that elemental primaries can only be obtained through raids. Which would mean they consider PoE less "difficult" (or at least "demanding") than raids.

LunaticPuma

dresses business casual
Is this a good version of the Vanquisher VIII?

LbZM68K.jpg

Maybe when Bungie said there'll be hundreds of weapons, they meant it?

The way I see it, if the drops of PoE vary by what bosses you fight, than that means it's possible that there's a huge variety in drops. This is reinforced by the fact that you can "Roll" for random PoE drops through the Judgement dude. It's very possible that he'll carry only extremely basic raid gear/weapons.

My only concern is that it seems we won't be getting a lot of new exotics this time.
It seems we'll be getting a great deal of cool new legendaries, though.
Last time we got three new exotics (counting the PS exclusive one too.)

This time we're getting three new exotics, and it looks like there won't be a PS exclusive.

Bradach

Deku Tree

Maybe when Bungie said there'll be hundreds of weapons, they meant it?

The way I see it, if the drops of PoE vary by what bosses you fight, than that means it's possible that there's a huge variety in drops. This is reinforced by the fact that you can "Roll" for random PoE drops through the Judgement dude. It's very possible that he'll carry only extremely basic raid gear/weapons.

Yup it's very possible that there are some PoE weapons that can be purchased, and others that are better that only drop from the final part of PoE, and maybe the elemental primaries only drop from the final part of PoE on the hardest difficulty setting.

If you can upgrade your VoG and CE elemental primaries much earlier then it's not a big deal at all either way.

Shito

Last time we got three new exotics (counting the PS exclusive one too.)

This time we're getting three new exotics, and it looks like there won't be a PS exclusive.
We got 4 new weapons (don't forget the Nechrochasm! :D), but yeah, you're right, I don't know why I thought we got more than we did.
My bad. :)

MaxiLive

Well with the new patch coming that looks like it fixes a lot of my issues I had with the last DLC I've decided to resubscribe to PSN+ to get back into the game!

I'm so out of the loop though so I'm not sure how much I can do at the moment apart from just hording items, I'm guessing that is the best bet anyways due to keeping the leveling on the weapons?

I'll be up for some nightfall and raids though over the next few days to get some drops ^.^

Can't wait to play, I've been wanting to get back into Destiny for a while but I had no real reason to but it looks like the content (and missing out on the some of the last content) is enough to get me back in! Even more so with them fixing the weapon leveling shenanigans.

I'm part of EU Gaf 4 (not sure if many peeps are active there) but feel free to add me/invite :D PSN: Maxi_Live

MickeyPhree

Between NF, Weeklys, and the bad JuJu quest, I've done the archon priest strike over 18 times in the last 48 hours

I don't think I can ever do this strike again.

E92 M3

Well, we should find out about what's happening with commendations at least.

I am still disappointed that no one brought up the topic of faction shaders on the stream. These changes to the vendors and upgrade system are good but the decision to have them based on a shitty RNG is mind-boggling.

I am mildly interested in that, but not expecting anything too crazy.

Just read this article about why we're all hooked on this game. Pretty much nails it.

http://www.glitchfreegaming.com/vid...re-psychological-tricks-that-keep-you-playing

Like I've always said, if the shooting sucked I wouldn't be playing Destiny. It comes down to friends and gun mechanics. You know how the loot chase is my least favorite part - I love having nothing to care about and just play for fun.

Bradach

Just read this article about why we're all hooked on this game. Pretty much nails it.

http://www.glitchfreegaming.com/vid...re-psychological-tricks-that-keep-you-playing

I definitely can relate to some of the article (item scarceness especially) but I think the main reason I keep playing is that I have two RL friends that i regularly play destiny with. They're really the reason i look forward to playing (and playing with gaffers as well of course).

I realised how big a part of destiny they were for me when I turned the game on last week to find that they weren't online and there were very few gaffers playing so i just turned it off and went to bed.

ocean

Banned
Haha 50 marks from 1 commendation? Never gonna happen.

The best you can hope for is 5 marks.
50 is too much but 5 is way too little. I mean a ROC Strike gives you 6 Marks. Commendations are a grind. I am hoping they are used to convert Crucible <-> Vanguard Marks. Failing that, they should be used as a currency for Faction ships and shaders but I know that won't happen :(

Thanks for the 2x Templar Runs! Sorry we lost the CP for the last run.
At least I got a second FB and a PR.

Out of all types of scrubbing, I think CP scrubbing is my favorite.

"Two people need to switch characters so we can run it 3x... Wait... Are you switching? You want me to? What class are you bringing?"

"Who's loading up the next one? .... Anyone? ...... You want me to?"

"We still have the CP? ... Wait..... You used which character? Was that the one with the CP? ... Oh... Ok, that's cool, no worries."

Impala26

50 is too much but 5 is way too little. I mean a ROC Strike gives you 6 Marks. Commendations are a grind. I am hoping they are used to convert Crucible <-> Vanguard Marks. Failing that, they should be used as a currency for Faction ships and shaders but I know that won't happen :(

I like the idea of commendation --> marks, but agreed that the exchange rate would be no higher than 20 or 25 marks. If Bungie is insistent on folks playing at least a little Crucible (I don't mind it), then simply improve the mark rewards (say 5 for win, 3 for loss) and increase the loot so that one guaranteed rare item or engram drops for EVERYONE playing. Homeboyd is right in that Crucible is a joke in terms of "bang for your buck" loot drops compared to Roc Strikes.

EDIT: Top kek!

Did you know that Aksor is in fact part owl?

http://i.imgur.com/69rM7H6.gifv
(just a link, I'm sparing you mobile folks)
Is GAF every going to support .gifv format?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom