• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT20| HoW Comes, No Raid?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ghaleon's list on why he's still playing Destiny:

1) It's fun to run around and shoot stuff in it.
2) It's even more fun to do this with friends.

I'm sure some are swayed by points 1 and 2 in that article, but if the core game were not fun, few would stick around.
3) You kind of have a scout rifle named after you.

Dave_6

I was thinking about this and someone else mentioned it a couple pages back: The Gunsmith needs to sell some of the old Vanguard and Crucible weapons like TDYK, the AF-Whateveritscalled Scout rifle, etc. Just keep rotating his stock and mix them in with the current greens and blues he sells now.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
dont think dgaf can take another HM scrota...
it can, it will. if not during this release cycle then some other time.
Just read this article about why we're all hooked on this game. Pretty much nails it.

http://www.glitchfreegaming.com/vid...re-psychological-tricks-that-keep-you-playing
Ghaleon's list on why he's still playing Destiny:

1) It's fun to run around and shoot stuff in it.
2) It's even more fun to do this with friends.

I'm sure some are swayed by points 1 and 2 in that article, but if the core game were not fun, few would stick around.
He concedes it, at the very end as a "secret important fourth reason."
So those are my three reasons that Destiny is so compulsive. There is of course a really important fourth reason. Destiny is a really good game.

Setting aside the poor storytelling and pacing, the actual shooting in Destiny is verging on perfect. There’s never been another console shooter that’s felt so natural and satisfying.

So, If i want to buy some faction armor I need to wear a class item for a chosen faction and then when i return the normal vanguard bounties i level up the relevant faction vendor.

Is that correct?

If it is, where do I need to first buy the faction class item for them? Do they accept VISA vanguard marks?
Just be aware that buying the faction gear actually requires Crucible marks.
Is this a good version of the Vanquisher VIII?

LbZM68K.jpg
For PvP to take advantage of Third Eye, yes (though some will tell you using an AR in the Crucible is now unwise). Persistence and Hammer Forged are a killer combo.
4th Horseman OMG. You guys have to try it now.
I loved it before, I gotta max it now though.

Did we see anything about the cryptarch on the reef?

Would be nice if he had legendary engrams on occasion.

Also, I'd love to be able to upgrade blues to 365. I'd rather a great gun with one good perk than a shitty one with two shitty perks.

Homeboyd

Did we see anything about the cryptarch on the reef?

Would be nice if he had legendary engrams on occasion.

Also, I'd love to be able to upgrade blues to 365. I'd rather a great gun with one good perk than a shitty one with two shitty perks.
Yeah we did. Had greens and whites like the Rahool. No difference from what I saw.

Ghazi

Upset that I didn't keep any of my three shadow prices. Still have my perfect roll vanquisher, if I want to use an AR, though. They need to buff their damage!

I was thinking about this and someone else mentioned it a couple pages back: The Gunsmith needs to sell some of the old Vanguard and Crucible weapons like TDYK, the AF-Whateveritscalled Scout rifle, etc. Just keep rotating his stock and mix them in with the current greens and blues he sells now.
That would be nice.

Also anyone have the Gorgon CP? <3

Kal_El

It has come to my attention that besides IRAWR i'm not friends with many Destiny-GAF peeps. This is a travesty. PSN Clark_Kent 32 all characters. When I get home from work hopefully I have many friend requests. ty in advance

It has come to my attention that besides IRAWR i'm not friends with many Destiny-GAF peeps. This is a travesty. PSN Clark_Kent 32 all characters. When I get home from work hopefully I have many friend requests. ty in advance
iRAWRasaurus is my psn. However been MIA for awhile now :p

RetroMG

Anyone have templar hard checkpoint?

Or going hard crota kill?

I don't have the checkpoints, but if you're starting a group for either, I'm in.

Mine is RetroMG. I'll send you a friend request when I move back over to my PS4.

Theorry

Goth says that the Arena was "Super Awesome". That's the only thing he can share.

He also said the commendations change is good and everyone will like it.
Will see in a hour or so when the weekly drops. But i have faith in Bungie. More even after yesterday.

Last night was epic. The awesome upgrade news from the stream. Then I ran some raids, got my third gjallerhorn from the deathsinger, finished my VoG armour collection on the warlock (just Titan to go for full set on all 3), got my second fatebringer and finally got the chest piece from crota on my Titan so he can hit 32 (just need helmet).

That upgrade news really has put a spring in my destiny playing step. Even doing bounties across multiple characters each day.

E92 M3

Seems like Sony really is going to have a marketing deal for COD. What if Destiny and COD switch - that will be crazyyyy

Owensboro

Hello Destiny GAF!

I'm thinking of finally getting into this game now that my new PS4 is finally free of it's Bloodborne addiction. Any general advice for starting the game? Most everything I can find (gaming websites, reddit, etc..) are either outdated (before any expansions) or just not helpful. I'm not asking for a walkthrough or anything, just something you wish you had done while playing solo or general advice for what to do when you hit X level (like, I've seen "start bounties at level 4!" a lot).

Streaming some GAF PvP shenanigans with Drizzay and company.

http://www.twitch.tv/unstablelive

Damn! I'll never be that good at any FPS PvP. What sensitivity do you have your sticks set at?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom