• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT20| HoW Comes, No Raid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theorry

Hello Destiny GAF!

I'm thinking of finally getting into this game now that my new PS4 is finally free of it's Bloodborne addiction. Any general advice for starting the game? Most everything I can find (gaming websites, reddit, etc..) are either outdated (before any expansions) or just not helpful. I'm not asking for a walkthrough or anything, just something you wish you had done while playing solo or general advice for what to do when you hit X level (like, I've seen "start bounties at level 4!" a lot).

Damn! I'll never be that good at any FPS PvP. What sensitivity do you have your sticks set at?

Start raiding and doing Nightfalls as soon as you are allowed. It looks scary at first. But you need to take the jump. You wont regret it.

Anybody want to run some Skirmish for ToO practice? Unst(opp)able? Kartik? Unknown? Defuser? We could also do some 6v6 if there's enough interest.

Not sure what I'll do for a ToO team if Rubenov and LollipopReaper don't come out of Destiny retirement.

Felt like looking up my PvP stats on destinytracker.com:

FvGvQw8.png

Somehow I'm in the top 1% of Destiny players for Crucible wins. I don't even really like Crucible...

Also, I'm completely okay with being top 48% kills/game but top 5% K/D.

Yo drizzay, I'm always down for pvp shenanigans, and I haven't retired from destiny. I'll hit you up when I'm on.

Sullichin

All of the HoW additions/changes sound lovely, and I'm exited to play with you all again soon!

I wish I never dismantled The Devil You Know :(

Rhaegar

Start raiding and doing Nightfalls as soon as you are allowed. It looks scary at first. But you need to take the jump. You wont regret it.

This, this, so much this. Since you're on PS4, you shouldn't have much issue with finding a group here to help sherpa you through your first few nightfalls and raids. Being on Xbone, I had a harder time finding a group, but can recommend using LFG sites like destinylfg.net or the100.io to find a group. Not only are the drops you get from these activities amazing (and lead to making the activities easier as you accumulate them), but they're honestly some of the most fun content in the game. I know it's a long-standing joke amongst the Gaming side Destiny haters, but the quote that the game really only starts after level 20 (I would argue even closer to level 26 now) is really not far from the truth.

Also, welcome! I've found the only thing I like more than the shooting mechanics and loot in Destiny is the community. :)

k1t4j

Me and my friends doing PvP on skirmish after haven't played PvP for a while.

"killed by thorn"

"killed by *insert shotgun name here*"

"killed by thorn"

repeat ad nauseam every match for the last 2 hours...

Boy I can't wait for Trials of Osiris End Game.

Rhaegar

"killed by thorn"

"killed by thorn"

Boy I can't for Trials of Osiris End Game.

Yeah, good thing they nerfed Auto Rifles so hard to make sure they brought more "variety" to Crucible. The Last Word and Thorn chased me the hell out of there a couple weeks ago when I was using Crucible to level my 3rd alt.

shermas

I'm finishing up the level 30 daily on Xbone, if anyone wants to quickly join... send me a note on XBL and i'll invite. Shermas is the GT.

"killed by thorn"

"killed by thorn"

Boy I can't wait for Trials of Osiris End Game.

Pretty much. The only weapons I ever see are:

Thorn
TLW
Red Death
Shotguns (doesn't matter what type)
If I do see an AR (which is rare) it's Suros Regime

Pretty much. The only weapons I ever see are:

Thorn
TLW
Red Death
Shotguns (doesn't matter what type)
If I do see an AR (which is rare) it's Suros Regime

I can only do well in Crucible with my Hawkmoon, I don't know how you guys use other guns.

Also any HM Crota teams?

Anybody want to run some Skirmish for ToO practice? Unst(opp)able? Kartik? Unknown? Defuser? We could also do some 6v6 if there's enough interest.

Not sure what I'll do for a ToO team if Rubenov and LollipopReaper don't come out of Destiny retirement.

Felt like looking up my PvP stats on destinytracker.com:

FvGvQw8.png

Somehow I'm in the top 1% of Destiny players for Crucible wins. I don't even really like Crucible...

Also, I'm completely okay with being top 48% kills/game but top 5% K/D.

My Wife and I are going to probably want a regular 3rd to play with:

Me:
BFqU4Hr.png

The Wife:
S8On46H.png

Though, really. If anyone ever sees us both online, chances are we'll take anyone for a third.

Edit: Here is this too, if you want it:
VpqkxFX.png

RetroMG

Did Destiny just go down? I got errored out of the Crota raid and now I'm getting Banjo errors when I try to log back in.

EDIT: Not just me, then.

Deku Tree

I just want it for the grimoire card.

Also Destiny just did a huge server kick?

Getting caterpillar errors. Restarting ps4.

And banjo errors.

Haha scrota kicked everyone out

ERROR CODE: CATERPILLAR

Getting errors here too

Caterpillar and Banjo for me.

Did Destiny just go down? I got errored out of the Crota raid and now I'm getting Banjo errors when I try to log back in.

EDIT: Not just me, then.

Mass Caterpillar's and banjo's,

welp destiny is dad

That's a long series of errors Batman!

I'm sorry to go to such extreme lengths everyone, but it was the only way to get Drizzay to check my PSN message.

No I didn't cause you to get kicked, for real

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom