• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT20| HoW Comes, No Raid?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't wan't Math to feel left out:

5ee4fb2c29e4bcd057705c097ca816d2.jpg
large.jpg

Nami Gear 4 kaidbsimwozuwpwusn

Anybody want to run some Skirmish for ToO practice? Unst(opp)able? Kartik? Unknown? Defuser? We could also do some 6v6 if there's enough interest.

Not sure what I'll do for a ToO team if Rubenov and LollipopReaper don't come out of Destiny retirement.

Felt like looking up my PvP stats on destinytracker.com:

FvGvQw8.png

Somehow I'm in the top 1% of Destiny players for Crucible wins. I don't even really like Crucible...

Also, I'm completely okay with being top 48% kills/game but top 5% K/D.
thanks to all the guys for bearing with my scrubbiness! it was a lot of fun running control with you all. I think i've begun picking up on the nuances, but i've got a lot more practice to do.

ich00

It has come to my attention that besides IRAWR i'm not friends with many Destiny-GAF peeps. This is a travesty. PSN Clark_Kent 32 all characters. When I get home from work hopefully I have many friend requests. ty in advance

I can't find you on PSN, you can add me tho: ichabod00

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Can anyone recommend a few good machine guns specifically for Crucible PvP?

Funny enough, the Red River (gotten from Mars gold chest) I have actually has been working pretty good because of its stability and it's "fast reload shortly after kills" talent.

What are good traits for a good PvP heavy machine gun? My gut tells me that stability > RoF in general.
The Corrective Measure is great, and I used it to complete 5 Thorn bounties. I've heard Against All Odds is a good one too, but I really like the high fire rate and stability of the Corrective Measure. It feels like what an autorifle should be.

I got my first Fatebringer last night. Do I level it up before HoW or will it just get reset before I can upgrade it to 365?
You can start leveling it up now, since the upgrade will keep your experience in the weapon.

Can anyone recommend a few good machine guns specifically for Crucible PvP?

Funny enough, the Red River (gotten from Mars gold chest) I have actually has been working pretty good because of its stability and it's "fast reload shortly after kills" talent.

What are good traits for a good PvP heavy machine gun? My gut tells me that stability > RoF in general.

I look for lmg's with high impact and stability like The Swarm and Jolder's Hammer, preferably with field scout to counteract the low magazine count they have natively.

Ramirez

Anybody want to run some Skirmish for ToO practice? Unst(opp)able? Kartik? Unknown? Defuser? We could also do some 6v6 if there's enough interest.

Not sure what I'll do for a ToO team if Rubenov and LollipopReaper don't come out of Destiny retirement.

Felt like looking up my PvP stats on destinytracker.com:

Somehow I'm in the top 1% of Destiny players for Crucible wins. I don't even really like Crucible...

Also, I'm completely okay with being top 48% kills/game but top 5% K/D.

11LgkV9.png

PSN Destiny players are pretty t e r r i b l e.

I'm excited for ToO!

th3dude

So....

I last played pre-Dark Below. I own the DLC, but never played it.

Thinking about jumping back in before the new one comes out, but need to catch up.

Any tips for leveling up gear, etc? I'm currently level 28.

Scrub Narasingh is damn lucky. First 2 normal CE runs he gets all the armor. First hm crota he gets the helmet.

Also got a Vex on his first hm Atheon. He was dead the entire fight :/

A question for the community. I stopped raiding shortly before CE came out. I got most of what I wanted from VoG (Fatebringer, VoC, Praedyth's, Corrective Measure) and plan on upgrading those once HoW comes out.

Are there any must have weapons from CE? I hate the way the Crota armor looks so I'm not interested in any of that stuff. Are any of the weapons comparable to the VoG stuff and worth running hard mode for?

A question for the community. I stopped raiding shortly before CE came out. I got most of what I wanted from VoG (fatebringer, VoC, Corrective Measure) and plan on upgrading those once HoW comes out.

Are there any must have weapons from CE? I hate the way the Crota armor looks so I'm not interested in any of that stuff. Are any of the weapons comparable to the VoG stuff and worth running hard mode for?

Black Hammer
Swordbreaker
Fang of Ir Yut
Hunger of Crota

Kalamari

A question for the community. I stopped raiding shortly before CE came out. I got most of what I wanted from VoG (fatebringer, VoC, Corrective Measure) and plan on upgrading those once HoW comes out.

Black Hammer, maybe Hunger of Crota if you are hornless. Both drop from Normal mode.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Right, I just think that more or less negates the point of the entire article. The body should be flipped.
No kidding.
Hello Destiny GAF!

I'm thinking of finally getting into this game now that my new PS4 is finally free of it's Bloodborne addiction. Any general advice for starting the game? Most everything I can find (gaming websites, reddit, etc..) are either outdated (before any expansions) or just not helpful. I'm not asking for a walkthrough or anything, just something you wish you had done while playing solo or general advice for what to do when you hit X level (like, I've seen "start bounties at level 4!" a lot).
Welcome! The guides in the OP do still generally apply despite the expansion, with the actual Light and Level numbers being different but the basic principles (especially what you should be pursuing early on do hold up). Indeed, start bounties and get your Vanguard Rank to 3 as soon as possible.

When you get to level 26-29, I do newbie raids each week on Thursday nights (possibly moving the day of the week soon though), alternating between the two raids. If you're interested, keep your eyes peeled for signups. :)
Dont forget about Hawkmoon in pvp lol
I am content with people forgetting about Hawkmoon, scouts, and fusion rifles in PvP
I use the Vault of Glass one. But I suck at PVP so my suggestion is probably horrible.
Corrective Measure is outstanding, certainly one of the best and it can keep feeding foreeever. It's also money for the Thorn bounty of course. Overall, my favorite is Jolder's Hammer or the relatively recent Deviant Gravity I got with great perks.

Overall, field scout is definitely the most important perk you can hope for on a Crucible machine gun. Beyond that there are a fair few good configurations and weapons, up to preference.

WipedOut

I am thinking my Black Hammer might be the first legendary I upgrade.

It all depends on the starting level for new content, if most things are at level 32 then I will be upgrading VOG weapons first, if they are higher then 331 weapons will be given the green light.

Just saw this on Reddit:

Bungie is currently hiring a Community Manager.

No idea if this means Deej would be getting help or replaced in some way. Whether it be him leaving the company or getting a promotion.

Bradach

So....

I last played pre-Dark Below. I own the DLC, but never played it.

Thinking about jumping back in before the new one comes out, but need to catch up.

Any tips for leveling up gear, etc? I'm currently level 28.

I think you have to play the new story missions first. That's where I'd start. As soon as you can join a crotas end raid group and start collecting the raid armor that will get you to 32.

Lnkn52

Just saw this on Reddit:

No idea if this means Deej would be getting help or replaced in some way. Whether it be him leaving the company or getting a promotion.

I guess Deej was never the community manager if they are hiring one.

Axoman

It all depends on the starting level for new content, if most things are at level 32 then I will be upgrading VOG weapons first, if they are higher then 331 weapons will be given the green light.

I think it's a safe bet that the max Nightfall/Weekly/Daily level will be 32.

Unless they mess with raid levels, the only reason to be higher than 32 will be for HM Scrota and hard Prison of Elders.

E92 M3

Just saw this on Reddit:

I think it's because he needs help.

It also depends on how rare those items for upgrades are. The BH is a big utility weapon in Destiny.

I guess Deej was never the community manager if they are hiring one.

Well is Urk still considered a Community Manager? Or does he have a different position/title now?

I don't know if Bungie has a team of them and Deej is just the one designated to interact with the public or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom