• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT20| HoW Comes, No Raid?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright sorry to my raid group earlier about leaving. Had to go to work for a little bit.

But I'll be back on in 20mins or so if anyone wants to do VoG.

stb

Catching up on the overnight, which is taking more than 10 minutes now that the thread has sped up! I'm writing this as I read the thread, so my apologies if any of it has already been addressed/refuted/whatever.

- Regarding not seeing primaries with elements: they did say that there will be stuff that only drops inside PoE. What I take from this is that it could be sort of like CE. NM CE doesn't drop elemental primaries, but HM does. My guess is that the PoE vendor will only "sell" the "NM" weapons (like CE's HoC, LotA, BH, SB) and armor, and you'll have to play PoE to get the drops for the elemental primaries.

- The timing of ToO: Friday through Monday is great, and it's cool that it's every weekend. Even most people who work weekends should be able to play Friday and Monday, right?

- I see people listing using all their eshards and planetary materials on day 1, but you might want to hold off for a few days in case you need that stuff to upgrade new drops you get, or Bungie patches something in the afternoon that would have affected what you upgraded or if you upgraded it right away. I'm envisioning the "why didn't they SAY they were gonna do that?! I just used all my exotic shards and now it's useless!" meltdowns.

CDSTT0HUUAALRdC.jpg:large

New RNG trick discovered: scrub up the jumps for at least a minute before opening Gorgon chest.

Congrats on all the ass Ipity.

The other day you remarked about hating that jump as a Warlock. I loathe that as well, feels less precise as the others for some reason. I did figure out a lazy trick. I just intentionally overshoot the cave ledge and just hit glide. Run into the wall and wait for glide to float down to the ledge. Never miss now.

One thing I really like about the new in game economy for HoW is that it doesn't seem like they are trying to thwart the efforts of the truly hardcore by inserting unnecessary activity gates or currencies. Instead, they are being rewarded for their efforts. I am not quite in the same league as many around here, but some folks will be hitting the motherload on day 1. I think thats fantastic and a nice gesture to the community. Bungie finally does something to garner goodwill instead of squander it.

noomi

Need one more for hard crota, psn is noomi85.

We are starting already, so feel free to join whenever you are ready.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Invite me when ready. I'll stream it at the usual.

When we get to the bridge let me take sword over first. No need to form bridge.

One thing I really like about the new in game economy for HoW is that it doesn't seem like they are trying to thwart the efforts of the truly hardcore by inserting unnecessary activity gates or currencies. Instead, they are being rewarded for their efforts. I am not quite in the same league as many around here, but some folks will be hitting the motherload on day 1. I think thats fantastic and a nice gesture to the community. Bungie finally does something to garner goodwill instead of squander it.

I cant wait to dive in and see how much of this I will utilize. it seems like they only added 2 new things in TDB which was Eris and exotic upgrades. simple. There is now a slew of things to do outside of game mode activities. almost doesnt even feel like the same game anymore. The best part is the super grindy nature seems to be non-exsistant. it looks like the end game will take precedent and everything else is icing instead of a requirement. due to not having to worry about bounties to level stuff up, get materials and glimmer for that mostly becuase I have done it already. looks like I will still be playing a ton of destiny but the weekly time commitment will be less consuming due to all the QOL changes they made. PoE has me excited becuase it seems like ill be having more fun and less grinding.

Impala26

Any Xboners Raiding (or willing to raid) tonight?
I'm down for any and everything save HM CE.
I've only got two toons, but both level 31.

my sentiments exactly!
I think this is a great way to reward faithful players. We've played this game long enough to have the Exotic collections that we do, and we deserve to have our exotics be top-tier
well, everything but NLB
from Day 1.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
- I see people listing using all their eshards and planetary materials on day 1, but you might want to hold off for a few days in case you need that stuff to upgrade new drops you get, or Bungie patches something in the afternoon that would have affected what you upgraded or if you upgraded it right away. I'm envisioning the "why didn't they SAY they were gonna do that?! I just used all my exotic shards and now it's useless!" meltdowns.
Truth, but at least some items have been sort of prescribed an "ultimate" or absolute value in glimmer/motes, which themselves have enormous, perpertual sinks.

Still if you're one of the psychos with 1000+ of quantity x, save a couple hundred for a week or two and let everything settle, haha.
I cant wait to dive in and see how much of this I will utilize. it seems like they only added 2 new things in TDB which was Eris and exotic upgrades. simple. There is now a slew of things to do outside of game mode activities. almost doesnt even feel like the same game anymore. The best part is the super grindy nature seems to be non-exsistant. it looks like the end game will take precedent and everything else is icing instead of a requirement. due to not having to worry about bounties to level stuff up, get materials and glimmer for that mostly becuase I have done it already. looks like I will still be playing a ton of destiny but the weekly time commitment will be less consuming due to all the QOL changes they made. PoE has me excited becuase it seems like ill be having more fun and less grinding.
My favorite aspect of the new upgrade scheme is that I like to slowly level lots of different items and have them all at different points along their upgrade path, and it was starting to feel like I needed to stop putting more XP into anything until after the launch because they could either be reset when upgraded or on the other hand make those efforts unnecessary (if they "insta-maxed" somehow or whatever). But instead it seems like items are simply Attack-raised to the new tier and the amount of XP invested stays at exactly the same point it was at before you upgrade it. That's perfect for how I've been playing, and I am psyched to potentially max a couple more exotics before the release hits.

From a design standpoint I can vaguely envision how this was trickier to accomplish than the original solution that punished prior investment. Maintaining the exact spot along the XP leveling as well as which perks are selected has already been stated to be more complex than one might think in the simple case of transferring, storing and retrieving from the vault. A lot more "differentiating variables" than a weapon item as a database entry might have in many other games. "Rexurbishing" was essentially trading in a "Gen 1" gun (regardless of state, 0% filled, half filled or maxed) for a "Gen 2" gun (fresh, as though it had just dropped from a Nightfall), which in retrospect I can understand being much easier. But they've seemingly done what I was hoping for and solved this problem on the backend, and treasured guns can be a persistent, "editable" item going forward.

If only they'd implemented some kind of marker to show what generation a gun is "from" for collector's purposes, like a color coding, it would be just about exactly what I'd have done.

Now I need to make a serious effort at acquiring Fatebringer. Kind of wrote it off thinking it would fade away.

VoC will keep me happy until then. First weapon to get the Etheric treatement for sure.

Congrats!

You know you'll be playing it next week...

Thanks Nami. . and hell no. I'll probably be playing all crucible next week. I am stocked on exotic shards to help level up the weapons I care about for after HoW

Best feeling ever. I avoid HM like the plague.

I feel liberated knowing that I can now decide to avoid HM or run sword for random people for fun.

dude, if your missing any other exotics youll be playing it again.

Nope, all I need now is the bounty for Super Good Advice (until HoW drops).

Congrats bro.
Thanks my friend.

Level up the necro then dismantle that piece shit :p

Lol nah I'll store it in my vault and never touch it

wondering if guns or armor should be a priority. if its anything like TDB leveling up was essential for end game content. wonder if it will be the same that we will need to get to 33 or whatever the mid tier will be to compete reasonably in PoE before being able to get the gear for max level.

wondering if guns or armor should be a priority. if its anything like TDB leveling up was essential for end game content. wonder if it will be the same that we will need to get to 33 or whatever the mid tier will be to compete reasonably in PoE before being able to get the gear for max level.

Prioritize armor for sure. You will need to max 2 pieces of fear for 33. The level disadvantage penalty is far worse than any gain a 365 gun will bring. No reason to upgrade a single weapon until at least hitting 33.

There will definitely be higher tier PoE with greater rewards.

Mindlog

I'm actually most looking forward to upgrading my Visions of Confluence. I already have one on every character and they'll be replacing all the Firefly/Outlaw Scout Rifles I've been pretending were as good since TDB released.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom