• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT20| HoW Comes, No Raid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unstable

As long as Titans are protected in their bubble, I'm a-ok with this observation.

Depends if you're streaming directly to your computer and then outputting that through Twitch. You can't have overlays through the actual PS4 streaming, and an avatar you can upload through your settings on twitch. As for getting overlays, there's probably guides out there that uh, tell you how to display one through OBS or something

Edit-top of page post!
Yeah I have a full capture card setup running through my PC.

Zoidberg

Join the hawkmoon club last night, feels good! Thanks PrivateWHudson for the cp.

Hopefully commendations can be traded for marks, will make levelling alts a lot easier as you can hoard them on your main and trade over get a full set of gear. I'm happy with just my titan, but if I ever wanted to level an alt, I really can't be bothered going through the strike grind.

Yeah I have a full capture card setup running through my PC.

If you're using OBS, you make/get an overlay(preferably a PNG) and layer that on top of the video you're outputting. How you get that overlay it's up to you, but there's alot of uh, 'free' overlays you can find that alot of streamers use. Some of the streamers use their own custom overlays, some choose not to, it depends how you want to do it(I'm most familiar with League overlays, where they 'customize' the actual UI using smart use of overlay.)

Ghazi

Random question, but now that I'm streaming how would one go about getting a Twitch avatar/overlay? Perhaps Destiny themed? Would I have to commission a artist?

Stream through XSplit or OBS and load one up as a scene. Then resize the actual game feed to fit it. You have to be streaming through PC to do this, obviously. I wouldn't recommend it though, personally, I enjoy streaming the direct gameplay feed and talking over it, it's simple but better than making viewers deal with a smaller box.

Talking about blink. It think it still really sucks that the blink of the hunter puts you out of invis. Sure would be quite strong in PVP. But imo PVP and PVE should be more seperate. And PVE shouldnt be punished by PVP and the other way arround.

if you ask me, bladedancers shouldn't even have blink. they're already the best class in pvp. blink on top of their abilities is overkill.

So I'm playing crucible and why is the Titan melee so fucking awful? And why do they have only 2 grenades worth a damn?

flashbang grenade is really good if you use it before a fight. most people will instead use lightning grenade and throw it on chokepoints. it's hard to evade if you place it behind the enemy.

defenders have suppressor which i rarely see anybody use even though it's very good. instead, i see a lot of magnetic grenades.

it always makes me sad to see a hunter or warlock throw down those scatter grenades...

Unstable

If you're using OBS, you make/get an overlay(preferably a PNG) and layer that on top of the video you're outputting. How you get that overlay it's up to you, but there's alot of uh, 'free' overlays you can find that alot of streamers use. Some of the streamers use their own custom overlays, some choose not to, it depends how you want to do it(I'm most familiar with League overlays, where they 'customize' the actual UI using smart use of overlay.)

Stream through XSplit or OBS and load one up as a scene. Then resize the actual game feed to fit it. You have to be streaming through PC to do this, obviously. I wouldn't recommend it though, personally, I enjoy streaming the direct gameplay feed and talking over it, it's simple but better than making viewers deal with a smaller box.
Thanks for the suggestions guys, I have a general understanding of how to do it. The part I'm struggling with is getting the art assets like a overlay or avatar made. I have no artist skills what so ever.

Lnkn52

Weekly within the hour..

The you tubers have something special to show too, so keep a look out for those regular destiny tubers.

Zoba! Y u no play?

Math and I will be continuing our raid once she's back. Join us.

mal-what.gif

Prodigal

Banned
Just picked up Destiny on the cheap. Looking forward to jumping in blind (for the most part). Not blind to the many criticisms but rather for game play footage and whatnot.

RetroMG

The big question is whether or not you can use it for Faction rep. If I'm wearing the Dead Orbit class item, will I get Dead Orbit rep?

GhaleonEB

This'll be great for those who have like a bazillion stocked up.

My Hunter has well over 20, so I'll be able to redeem them for at least 2 Vanguard packages post launch. Between that and the three in my vault already, I'll hopefully get something useful along the way.

Commendations were clearly a very short sighted idea, and I'm surprised they made it into the game. Kudos for killing them and essentially admitting as much. (I still think redeeming them for Legendary weapon or armor upgrades was a good idea.)

Commendations consumed for Rep.

It'd be an overstatement to call that a misstep but it's the first part of their upgrades reveal that doesn't hit the mark
har har
as well as it could have. Also a reflection of how great the rest of the reveal was.

Great that they admitted Commendations were bad and dropped them completely. Cool that we still get something for them, even just 250 rep. Would have been better if there was even an option to receive Marks instead. I'd take even 5 Crucible marks over 250 rep.

marks would have been meh for those of us who've been maxed on marks forever

altough i guess since vendors are expanding their stock that would have been good

My Hunter has well over 20, so I'll be able to redeem them for at least 2 Vanguard packages post launch. Between that and the three in my vault already, I'll hopefully get something useful along the way.

Commendations were clearly a very short sighted idea, and I'm surprised they made it into the game. Kudos for killing them and essentially admitting as much. (I still think redeeming them for Legendary weapon or armor upgrades was a good idea.)

Noice! You'll have more HoW than all of us.

And yeah, it was extremely shortsighted. From the instant they announced them, I've been against them. It's literally a small band-aid that only punished people that didn't play/grind as much as anyone else. Glad they're doing away with it and not diminishing the effort into getting those commendations.

Too bad it might never get fixed.

Didn't they say in the weekly update that they're going to be fixing it?

Shito

Too bad it might never get fixed.
Yep, doesn't bode well for this one... Their code must be such a mess right now.
I don't really care for myself, since it's quite easy to circumvent, but for new people who are discovering this strike, good luck understanding anything other than "what the fuck is this glitch!?"...

250 rep with or without the xp bonus is my question.

I'd guess without. There's no NFall bonus indicator icon in that gif but I'm not sure if that icon displays in the inventory screen or just on the main gear screen.

Buff is 25% so commendations would be worth 200 if that gif includes the bonus, but more likely that they are 250 and would be worth 313 when turned in after doing that week's Nightfall. Of course the NF bonus might not apply to commendations, similar to how it doesn't apply to Iron Banner rep gains.

Zoidberg

Shame about the commendations, but better than nothing I suppose. I can't recall now but were commendations required to purchase the new faction/vanguard gear going forward?

marks would have been meh for those of us who've been maxed on marks forever

altough i guess since vendors are expanding their stock that would have been good

Yeah, that's why the option for marks or rep would have been ideal. But still, getting 10% of a rank-up per commendation is cool. Goodness knows nobody was going to use them for anything else at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom