• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT20| HoW Comes, No Raid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Crota says fuck your swordskills with the Titan jump. Titan best class confirmed.

upload_convert.gif

I was dying when this happened. LOL.

Zoidberg

I suppose you could stock up on commendations and use them to get a new character up to rank 3 for factions a lot quicker. Those weapon/gear preview pics look awesome as well.

Yep, doesn't bode well for this one... Their code must be such a mess right now.
I don't really care for myself, since it's quite easy to circumvent, but for new people who are discovering this strike, good luck understanding anything other than "what the fuck is this glitch!?"...
I can't read about it right now since my phone is not cooperating, but what is this glitch?

Well, at least we will all get a shit ton of faction packages day 1. Couple this with stopping rep just before rank and we should get a nice infusion of new weapons and gear. Then reroll to your hearts content.

Homeboyd

My Hunter has well over 20, so I'll be able to redeem them for at least 2 Vanguard packages post launch. Between that and the three in my vault already, I'll hopefully get something useful along the way.

Commendations were clearly a very short sighted idea, and I'm surprised they made it into the game. Kudos for killing them and essentially admitting as much. (I still think redeeming them for Legendary weapon or armor upgrades was a good idea.)
I would wait til you get a PoE class item to turn those in if you know what I mean...

Shame about the commendations, but better than nothing I suppose. I can't recall now but were commendations required to purchase the new faction/vanguard gear going forward?

Not for HoW gear, assuming that's what you mean going forward. Commendations are dead and buried.

RIP Commendations 2014-2015. The only purpose you ever served was to make us happy that you're now gone.

Zoidberg

Not for HoW gear, assuming that's what you mean going forward. Commendations are dead and buried.

RIP Commendations 2014-2015. The only purpose you ever served was to make us happy that you're now gone.

Thanks, yeah that was what I meant.

Iron banner helms next week!!!! I can finally finish my set that I will probably rock for a long time, love the look of it.

QBoXRy4.png

I wonder what this is. It has a trigger so it can't be a rocket launcher, it's too fat to be a sniper rifle, it's too round to be a hand cannon/auto rifle/scount rifle,a nd it looks like it has a pretty beefy stock and the barrel is incredibly thick, so that discounts it being a rifle.

I'M TELLING YOU GUYS, ROCKET CANNON.

QBoXRy4.png

I wonder what this is. It has a trigger so it can't be a rocket launcher, it's too fat to be a sniper rifle, it's too round to be a hand cannon/auto rifle/scount rifle,a nd it looks like it has a pretty beefy stock and the barrel is incredibly thick, so that discounts it being a rifle.

story_AKellRising_3rdP.jpg

QBoXRy4.png

how do rocket launchers shoot if not triggers

how do rocket launchers shoot if not triggers

Looking at Gjallahorn-
hqdefault.jpg

The pictures I posted don't follow that look-The yellow one seems to end immediately instead of extending to the barrel, and there is a point they're showing us the backend of these things and not the front or middle like every other weapon.(The Revolvers show about 60% of its model). This one for example-
59.jpg

You can see the end of the stock/barrel get smaller, not stay a consistent length.size like a rocket launchers tube would

Were you even trying drizzy?
Were you even trying?

Who were the 3 scrubs who died?

There's nothing worse than being placed in to a match like that when dudes on the other team are quitting left and right. I hate hate hate that.

None of us felt like we were trying that match, we were busy talking about PvP-related issues like what types of call outs to give, etc. It wasn't until the round was over that we noticed the score and had to do a double take.

I think everyone died once actually, but nobody died more than that given our K/D's. Like Buzz said, some players had left so the final scoreboard didn't include all their kills. They need to add some sort of "mercy rule" for match-making new players into rounds like that, although I guess the upside is that they get their 2 marks quickly.

man, that score is insane. maybe some GAFers will be up for more crucible train-ing later. just need 1 more kill with HC to get the bounty. :D

I won't be PvP'ing again today, probably done for the day in general unless there's a late-night VoG or something. Not sure who kept playing after I left but noticed Unstable's stream was offline so they may have all taken a break afaik.

Glad we could introduce you to some Crucible-done-right, haha. It was a great group with everyone being good-spirited, friendly and talkative. I think a lot of PvE people could get into it if they played with a group like that. In it's best form, Crucible is much more similar to Raiding than playing with rando's would ever lead you to believe.

None of us felt like we were trying that match, we were busy talking about PvP-related issues like what types of call outs to give, etc. It wasn't until the round was over that we noticed the score and had to do a double take.

I think everyone died once actually, but nobody died more than that given our K/D's. Like Buzz said, some players had left so the final scoreboard didn't include all their kills. They need to add some sort of "mercy rule" for match-making new players into rounds like that, although I guess the upside is that they get their 2 marks quickly.

I won't be PvP'ing again today, probably done for the day in general unless there's a late-night VoG or something. Not sure who kept playing after I left but noticed Unstable's stream was offline so they may have all taken a break afaik.

Glad we could introduce you to some Crucible-done-right, haha. It was a great group with everyone being good-spirited, friendly and talkative. I think a lot of PvE people could get into it if they played with a group like that. In it's best form, Crucible is much more similar to Raiding than playing with rando's would ever lead you to believe.

Late night VoG run (flawless?). I could be persuaded.

Zoidberg

That's the Eternal Warrior helmet for Titans, all it does is provide the Unstoppable perk for Fist of Havoc, essentially making it a poor man's Helm of Inmost Light. It looks cool though.

Hopefully they've changed that, those perks were data mined and could have been placeholders. They showed yesterday that there are new perks we haven't seen on new weapons, I doubt they would release new exotic armor with rehashed perks. I hope this is true because I need that helmet on my body at all times.

Namikaze1

That's the Eternal Warrior helmet for Titans, all it does is provide the Unstoppable perk for Fist of Havoc, essentially making it a poor man's Helm of Inmost Light. It looks cool though.
Don't care. Still want.

I want it cause it looks freaking awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom