• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT20| HoW Comes, No Raid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

moris

haha you know me, I'd definitely sign back on for Flawless VoG attempt(s).

Anyone else interested? Disclaimer: if you want the trophy, CE is a much better place to get it. This would mainly be just for a fun challenge.
Can't make it this time either but I'll be watching if there's a stream?

edit: ^ damn, too bad you can't make it ms! But I could definitely stream it if we manage to get a team going.

Me me me me me!

When when when when?!

I am down if there is room. It would be glorious.

No idea what time it might happen, but that'd be 4 of us if we could all make it. I don't think Hudson or myself could do it until later tonight, but not positive exactly when. I'm EST, what time zones/times would work for people?

edit: Hudson said ~11pm EST which would also be good for me.

Zoidberg

With upgrading exotics in HoW, did anyone see if the upgrade is available at any point or do you need to unlock and upgrade the last bubble first? Just wondering if I should bother upgrading anymore exotic weapons (still have 3 to go), or hold off.

With upgrading exotics in HoW, did anyone see if the upgrade is available at any point or do you need to unlock and upgrade the last bubble first? Just wondering if I should bother upgrading anymore exotic weapons (still have 3 to go), or hold off.

Don't bother upgrading till HoW hits.

Ghazi

It'll upgrade your item instantly. Dunno if it'll stay where you're at when upgrading, but I know you don't have to relevel any maxed out items. Before I took my break, I maxed out almost everything I had in anticipation for this.

GutZ31

From what I understood in the stream, you must unlock all bubbles before using the final etheral light bubble.

So leveling up your weapons now might be a good idea.

DON'T USE XUR FOR DAMAGE UPGRADES ON EXOTICS

Deku Tree

From what I understood in the stream, you must unlock all bubbles before using the final etheral light bubble.

So leveling up your weapons now might be a good idea.

DON'T USE XUR FOR DAMAGE UPGRADES ON EXOTICS

No Deej upgraded a unlevele GHorn to 365

Namikaze1

Late night to me is around 11pm eastern. If my wife falls asleep earlier, even better.

edit: ^ damn, too bad you can't make it ms! But I could definitely stream it if we manage to get a team going.

No idea what time it might happen, but that'd be 4 of us if we could all make it. I don't think Hudson or myself could do it until later tonight, but not positive exactly when. I'm EST, what time zones/times would work for people?

edit: Hudson said ~11pm EST which would also be good for me.
Hmm. I could still make it but I won't be able to chat since I don't want to disturb my roommate. I'll have my gold headset on to hear you guys chat.

I'm EST as well.

Zoidberg

Just re-watched the ascension bit, every weapon they ascended was fully levelled with all bubbles purchased. Although the gally didn't have all bubbles purchased, just unlocked, and the ascend option was there. So yeah, still unclear as to exact requirements. I'd say they would need to at least have the last bubble unlocked.

Edit: So further along the video they showed armor (hezen gloves) having the ascend option when the piece didn't have all bubbles unlocked. They didn't ascend it of course....

Daemul

Hopefully they've changed that, those perks were data mined and could have been placeholders. They showed yesterday that there are new perks we haven't seen on new weapons, I doubt they would release new exotic armor with rehashed perks. I hope this is true because I need that helmet on my body at all times.

The perk the helm has is not rehashed, it gives you the option to run both the Unstoppable and Shoulder Charge perks at the same time, something which you cannot do at the moment. The problem comes from having to sacrifice being able to run Headstrong+Aftershocks/Infusion and Death from Above+Aftermath/Shockwave, something which is provided by the Helm of Inmost Light, which is why I called the Eternal Warrior a poor man's version of it, not because they overlap in perks, but because for Strikers Helm of Inmost Light is flat out more useful.

Also if there's one thing that won't be changed from the datamine, is the perks for the exotics, that shit is set in stone due to the unique nature of each exotic piece. There is a very limited amount of perks that Bungie can give them since they have to build each exotic piece around a specific subclass and ensure that their perks don't overlap with previous exotics for that subclass.

The problem with this is that some exotics will flat out be better than others since some exotics will give you more useful perks than other other ones, we already saw this with the The Helm of Saint 14 and The Glasshouse in the last expansion. Saint 14 is just the flat out better Defender Titan helmet, even though The Glasshouse provides perks which Saint 14 does not.

The upside of all this is due to Bungie wanting to keep each exotic viable and unique, we will never see any new exotic piece which will outright render numerous pieces of exotic gear obselete, e.g. there will never be a Titan exotic helm which gives you the perks of both the Helm of Saint 14 AND The Glasshouse, not until Destiny 2 at least.

Deku Tree

Didn't he have all the bubbles unlocked though, just not filled in?

Yes, so still not clear.

Just re-watched the ascension bit, every weapon they ascended was fully levelled with all bubbles purchased. Although the gally didn't have all bubbles purchased, just unlocked, and the ascend option was there. So yeah, still unclear as to exact requirements. I'd say they would need to at least have the last bubble unlocked.

Nah. Their goal is to reduce the grind. Making you unlock all bubbles is not reducing the grind. Nor is it consistent with the leveling principles of the new HoW weapons.

Hmm. I could still make it but I won't be able to chat since I don't want to disturb my roommate. I'll have my gold headset on to hear you guys chat.

I'm EST as well.

I'll post if I'm on earlier. 9 would be the earliest if we can't find anything to watch on tv. I'm giving her a lot of "don't starve" time right now. That may count for something.

Zoidberg

Nah. Their goal is to reduce the grind. Making you unlock all bubbles is not reducing the grind. Nor is it consistent with the leveling principles of the new HoW weapons.

When he showed armor it had the option despite not being leveled. So it looks like they are indeed reducing the grind for ascending stuff!

Kalamari

Anyone looking to do normal DS + Crota x 3?

1. Darknyss
2. CthulhuSars
3. Ethomaz

Could use a cp if anyone has one too.

I want to come, although I am in the middle of fixing dinner right now. Maybe keep me in mind for later on if anybody has to drop out.

9th Thunderlord (third this week) and 7th Vex still no Gally. It's starting to get ridiculous.
6/6/0 is my count... and... starting?!?!?

I want to come, although I am in the middle of fixing dinner right now. Maybe keep me in mind for later on if anybody has to drop out.
are you having... calamari?

Gjallarhorn from a Nightfall - measly 300 hours in
don't tell narmer, or Ryck, or heck, even me...
seriously, though, congrats!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom