• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT20| HoW Comes, No Raid?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got back from a trip today. What all did I miss from the HoW thing?

Checked out the website and was super stoked to see that all legendary and exotic gear can get you to the maximum light level. Sweet!! I'm assuming this means you don't need a full set of raid gear to be max level :D

i forget who posted it before, but wouldn't it be funny if the cryptarch in the reef was Rahool's brother named Rahim, and they hated each other? You go to Rahool and he talks smack about Rahim, and Rahim pulls you in when you're there to decrypt and offers to give you dirt on Rahool? that would be hilarious.

op of the other thread has been updated. don't think i can fit all the gear thumbnails there though

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=161137435

debating whether i should add a list with the changes to the game that have been made since launch/TDB

that'll be interesting to do when comet rolls around...

I was contemplating of doing same thing. The UI, the Web/app, raid encounters, music, etc. The list is extensive.

Honestly, a new thread would be appropriate for it IMO.(Ask Ghaleon if it'd be ok to make a 'Where is Destiny Now' for a list of changes from Vanilla.) The changes the game is going through are by far the best thing about it, it's a completely different game in its approach. Although this list/thread probably would be best being put up when HoW releases, when we have a complete list of changes.

I mean, I think I've seen threads before of how games are today in terms of changes, and Destiny is one of those games that people enjoyed but hated the lack of content/grindiness of it that they might've just dropped it. So giving a PSA of sorts for when HoW comes up would be nice for those who'd be interested in checking it out and want to read the changes without having to search for them.

Namikaze1

Tell me, Atheon.

Do you bleed?
CC2TZtbVEAA5gvm.jpg:large

You will.

shermas

Rahool.. He's the best. "oh, haven't seen that in a while." "a rare treat, indeed" "ha, ha"

Love that guy

When are they updating the vanguard playlist info? We can't be stuck doing level 26 strikes forever, right?

Edit: raid/strike

Macello's kid is very perceptive. First thing I heard when joining their party chat: "Phaethon, you need to scrub! You need to scrub!" Kid calls 'em like he see 'em.

Rahool.. He's the best. "oh, haven't seen that in a while." "a rare treat, indeed" "ha, ha"

Love that guy

When are they updating the vanguard playlist info? We can't be stuck doing level 26 raids forever, right?

"Rare treat" is my favorite when turning in axiomatic beads. Like, dude, I've turned in 50 exactly like it already today.

Adding a Lv28 Strike playlist with HoW if I'm not mistaken. Vanguard... Dragon? Or something? Forget the name.

Namikaze1

Just missing the VoG chest and gauntlets for my Titan. The boots were surprisingly the first drop.

Unlike the first time I began collecting the set...

Lnkn52

I'm pretty sure I heard today on Goth stream that you need to fully upgrade the weapon before you ascend it to the new stat.

^@Lnkn yep, Deej mentioned it in the stream, it was just hard to catch. A lot of the finer details weren't conveyed super clearly.

Where is it in the video? I thought it was the same one he dismantled at the end of the video.

Gutz linked the timestamp where he makes the comment, 36:48.

Unstable

So quickly does the Train disband once one leaves.

='(

GG all

Time to make a new Train!

Anyone up for some PvP or Skirmish? PSN is UnstabieH2o.

Choo Choo

Slermy

1st time I've been excited for Warlock bands (now I can show my love for Pokémon!). The art here seems to have taken a step up from "The Dark Below". Good job Bungie!

Honestly, a new thread would be appropriate for it IMO. [...] The changes the game is going through are by far the best thing about it, it's a completely different game in its approach. Although this list/thread probably would be best being put up when HoW releases, when we have a complete list of changes.

I mean, I think I've seen threads before of how games are today in terms of changes, and Destiny is one of those games that people enjoyed but hated the lack of content/grindiness of it that they might've just dropped it. So giving a PSA of sorts for when HoW comes up would be nice for those who'd be interested in checking it out and want to read the changes without having to search for them.

Yeah, I think this is the best approach. Get people really excited when the DLC drops and they see how much the game has changed. Would probably be worthwhile to also note what extras people can play even without the DLC (like when Crota's Minions would appear in Patrols, etc.).

I would like to give a big shout out to Unstable, Drizz, Gun, Nooblet, Illini, and Mamoui for a 21-0 PvP train. Winning sure masks a lot of the game's online problems. I hope to see everyone in Iron Banner.

And Phaethon and anyone else I neglected to mention.

Deej says (emphasis mine):

... and then the Goliathon guy interrupted him and derailed the conversation towards Xur. Kinda sounded like Deej meant to say something else, but who knows.

Yep, I think full XP investment is required. Seems reasonable, the last 4 nodes represented 80% of the damage increase anyway.

As great as Goliathon was keeping them honest, there were a few times he interrupted them when they were genuinely giving solid info.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom