• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT20| HoW Comes, No Raid?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, I think full XP investment is required. Seems reasonable, the last 4 nodes represented 80% of the damage increase anyway.

As great as Goliathon was keeping them honest, there were a few times he interrupted them when they were genuinely giving solid info.

Yep, definitely agree on both accounts. Him and Deej weren't a great pair in that regard, all 3 of them had as much chemistry as a Liberal Arts degree.

Seems like "fully upgraded" really means fully XP-invested, not required to purchase the bubbles, which is cool (edit: although I guess this part is still unsure since Deej didn't ascend his Horn. Although I thought that was only because he didn't have any weapon parts.) Really smart they're doing it this way, big improvement from TDB in terms of respecting people's time. All those bounties are not going to waste, people that played more get the direct benefit. No one was ever opposed to doing that "work."

Deku Tree

36 minutes in, he is just talking about upgrading it, and never does.

At 43 minutes in, he dismantles it at 274 attack.

Thanks! For some reason your link to the time stamp didn't work for me.

All the EXP bubbles were filled and the Acend Button looks like it would have worked if he had 25 weapons parts even though no buttons were filled.

Just my opinion but I think the Asend option is going to be separate and not tied to filling in exp bubbles or paying for the bubble upgrades. That's why it's at the beginning instead of at the end of the bubbles.

Reposting for new page.

Anyone up for some Control or Skirmish? PSN is UnstabieH2o.

Sometimes you gotta walk away from PvP ;)

How long you think you'll be rolling tonight? I believe you are PST iirc. Doing dinner/life stuff but might be on later, depending on if there's flawless VoG'ing or anything going down.

GutZ31

All the EXP bubbles were filled and the Acend Button looks like it would have worked if he had 25 weapons parts even though no buttons were filled.

Just my opinion but I think the Asend option is going to be separate and not tied to filling in exp bubbles or paying for the bubble upgrades. That's why it's at the beginning instead of at the end of the bubbles.

Heres the thing though, all the new weapons no longer have attack upgrade bubbles, only the asend to 365 attack.
Also, I never saw him upgrade ANY armor or weapons to ascension without all the bubbles already full.

Unstable

Sometimes you gotta walk away from PvP ;)

How long you think you'll be rolling tonight? I believe you are PST iirc. Doing dinner/life stuff but might be on later, depending on if there's flawless VoG'ing or anything going down.

I'll be on for eh, I don't know, a decent while probably?

What would he mean by "fully upgraded" then? All XP-but-not-purchased kinda makes sense to me as a way to unlock the Ascend option. Since the damage bubbles all go away after you ascend it might make sense that you don't need to actually purchase them. Maybe you'd still need to purchase the perks even though it would be at 365 Atk as soon as you ascended? Like an actually good version of the TDB system.

Deku Tree

Heres the thing though, all the new weapons no longer have attack upgrade bubbles, only the asend to 365 attack.
Also, I never saw him upgrade ANY armor or weapons to ascension without all the bubbles already full.

Someone posted earlier that he hovered over a VoG armor without fully filled in bubbles and the Ascend option was available when he hovered over it. I don't know where in the video.

Zoidberg

Someone posted earlier that he hovered over a VoG armor without fully filled in bubbles and the Ascend option was available when he hovered over it. I don't know where in the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=EDsjF4PipoA#t=2385

Ascension is really up in there air. I presume it works by changing the value the damage/armor upgrade bubbles gives you. So if your weapon is maxxed, you go straight to the cap. If it is not, when you level the last few it adds extra onto it. The damage bubbles for old gear did not disappear when ascended, fatebringer kept it as, as well as his Defiant Gravity.

Deku Tree

What would he mean by "fully upgraded" then? All XP-but-not-purchased kinda makes sense to me as a way to unlock the Ascend option. Since the damage bubbles all go away after you ascend it might make sense that you don't need to actually purchase them. Maybe you'd still need to purchase the perks even though it would be at 365 Atk as soon as you ascended? Like an actually good version of the TDB system.

Deej didn't say precisely it was required to be fully leveled to do the ascend. iDK just my opinion.

GutZ31

0HUJd34.png

Its possible, but in the video, it did not show them upgrading any armors/weapons without the gear first being fully leveled.

11078610_393126577542055_2007553727_n.jpg

The weapons will be 331 attack from venders, with an etheral light upgrade needed to get to 365 attack. The Prison of Elders content looks like its already maxed from the start.

Namikaze1

So yeah, around the 39 minute mark, Deej goes to ascend his unleveled Mytho but couldn't due to insufficient weapon parts. So I guess you can ascend unleveled weapons/armors but not straight to 365. My guess is that the base stat for unleveled weapons that were ascended will be around 331 since some of the new weapons were shown to be around that range.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=puv0KeLo3ks

SgtCobra

My monthly PvP whine post:
- I like how Pvp is full of people with the "The Last Word/Praedith's Revenge/Word of Crota" trifecta. No I actually don't, gotta deal with it I guess.
- How am I supposed to counter someone using TLW 2-3 shotting people from mid-range? I just don't understand how stuff like that is still possible, meanwhile when using the weapon myself I seem to completely suck with it, is there something I'm missing? :p
- Matches have become clearly harder over time, I guess that's because lots of casual players stopped playing already.
- Fuck snipers, they became a bigger threat than shotguns ever were. I mean, you could at least counter shotgun users from a safe distance.
- Thorn, the thing is still the most popular gun in PvP at the moment.
- Bad Juju > Red Death
As you can see I have a lot to whine about and yet I can't stop playing this stuff.

Ryck

Deej didn't say precisely it was required to be fully leveled to do the ascend. iDK just my opinion.
It's too bad he was lacking in weapon parts cause he was gonna try to ascend a stock weapon in the video. :-/

Man fuckin A. I'm so happy we can upgrade vendor gear to max light level.
Same here, furry titan gear is easily my favorite armor thus far and I will keep wearing it till something else catches my eye.

Ricky anywhere to be found?
You are referring to a different Ricky I'm guessing? (Just making sure)

I think XP investment will be required for Ascend. This makes sense and it is functionally the same as upgrading weapons are now in TDB. To fully upgrade a weapon now, we still have to put all the XP in, it just also requires putting in the mats for each node. All they are doing is decoupling the Attack and Light upgrade from the rest of the mat investment. You still need to put in the XP to unlock the 365 attack and +Light as before, you just don't have to put mats into the perks.

We know from the video that already purchased nodes stay intact during Ascension. The only thing we don't know is how the damage/defense nodes will be treated. The XP will have been fully unlocked, but will there be a difference in a weapon or armor that has only invested mats in the perks but only partially put mats into the last 4 nodes? Guess we will find out, but I think it may be worth holding off putting mats into the last column of any armor/weapon you have now in case you can get those for free with the ascension.

Same here, furry titan gear is easily my favorite armor thus far and I will keep wearing it till something else catches my eye.

Yeah! So happy I kept my old gear around. My warlock is going to look awesome rocking nerigal savant and HoPF :3

EDIT:
HOOOOOLY SHITTTT REFORGING!!!!

sorry watching the stream now and losing my shit lmao

GutZ31

So yeah, around the 39 minute mark, Deej goes to ascend his unleveled Mytho but couldn't due to insufficient weapon parts. So I guess you can ascend unleveled weapons/armors but not straight to 365. My guess is that the base stat for unleveled weapons that were ascended will be around 331 since some of the new weapons were shown to be around that range.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=puv0KeLo3ks

From all that was shown and talked about, I would strongly suggest leveling gear you wish to asend come HoW. Deej really didn't do a good enough job explaining the new bubble to upgrade weapons/armor to the new values.

From all that was shown and talked about, I would strongly suggest leveling gear you wish to asend come HoW. Deej really didn't do a good enough job explaining the new bubble to upgrade weapons/armor to the new values.

And really, if you want to max it out you would need to level everything anyway..

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Wait, so I have a ton of exotics from way back in October. I won't have to upgrade them via Xur? What will I have to do instead?

Also, I REALLY hope an in-game Grimoire means an in-game LFG is possible.

Wait, so I have a ton of exotics from way back in October. I won't have to upgrade them via Xur? What will I have to do instead?

If you have the mat stockpile, you should theoretically be able to upgrade your entire Exotic collection day 1.

it looks like you're able to upgrade them whenever you have the mats.

exotics just need an exotic shard
legendaries need etheric light

Commendations transferring to Vanguard/Crucible XP is sweet as fuck. I don't even have to grind my those factions now to get them to the cusp of leveling since they aren't needed to buy hear anymore. I can go back to leveling Dead Orbit and never getting a shader!

Also next IB will finally have the helmets for sale. Bungie is the devil tho tbh, dropping all of this shit in my last couple of weeks of school.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom