• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT25| The Taken Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ocean

Banned
I've said it a lot but just in case:

The enemy type specific perks on PoE armor make an enormous difference. Seriously. If you have to fight the Hive with Arc burn, put on all your PoE armor with Hive buffs, even if it's all STR. You turn into a super guardian.

You get a good agility boost. You gain a ton of armor, you can just tank damage. Your recovery is super sped up, it does magic with the exposure modifier too. Melee, grenade and super charge really quick even if you're all STR.

A full Fallen-perk armor set is looking to be the best Skolas investment. Don't pass up this week's chest, it's totally worth it. Going into a fight with all these buffs turns the tides in your favor.

Okay what's the deal with everyone repping Dead Orbit?

Nearly every streamer I see has the Dead Orbit class item.

I sure hope it's not just for that black shader...

Anyone want to help get an armor core? Need to do 32 PoE
On ps4? PSN is iRAWRasaurus. I dont mind helping out if there is someone else interested in doing PoE 32 since its kinda hard to find people at this hour ( 3:16 am EST)
Will log on if there is a 3rd.

If you have a hunter, it's just about the only shader that doesn't look hideous.

Agree on that ship though.

This is the best shader for Hunter.

Trust me.

http://destiny.wikia.com/wiki/Bloodpact

EDIT PIC: regal as fuck

I7xgx0h.jpg

Nuszka

Morning gaf , had 5 hours of sleep after last nights trials. First thing I usually do is refresh the thread and re read the pages. So in the past view hours we had:
1. People changing sticks on their controllers, did that a year and a half ago, recommended it to anyone no issues since
2. Nami beating kids blindfolded in Mk
3. One dude agreeing to slowly pleasure an elderly woman for an exotic AR
3. Nami getting paid $20 to dance at his wee brothers graduation party, guessing he is gonna spend it at those extra emotes

This place is so much fun, I'm off to please socially my wife throughout the day so I get a chance to play more tonight.

Marvel

could never
Gonna link this post to the OP. Will edit any I missed to this post.

List of Gaffers' Twitch Streams:

Not a gaffer but does Trials Carry Trains like Unstable:
  • twitch.tv/Nghtly - Nghtly of 13 Devils, Zoba's former clanmate (Trials of Osiris)

I'll add mine, twitch.tv/no0btv

Trials, raids, pvp and general pve shenanigans with dgaf.

M3Rocket

Yeah, never expected to stay in this job for 4 years, had been wanting to quit for the past few months, finally pulled the plug.

Taking a break now, might travel a bit, let's see what the future holds :)

Congrats! World Traveler? Bring your Remote Play device for those CP's. LoL!

Yeah, never expected to stay in this job for 4 years, had been wanting to quit for the past few months, finally pulled the plug.

Taking a break now, might travel a bit, let's see what the future holds :)

Nice man, sometimes it takes courage to take that step.
Hopefully we can meet up in Germany in a couple of months!

Really happy for you death, congrats.

Have you join somewhere? or planning for full time no pay job on DGAF?

Congrats! World Traveler? Bring your Remote Play device for those CP's. LoL!

Thanks guys, no plans yet. Will take it as it comes.

Might end up in Germany for gamescomm in aug, so let's hope for an EU DGAF meetup :)

Nice man, sometimes it takes courage to take that step.
Hopefully we can meet up in Germany in a couple of months!

Thanks EJ, looking forward to making it possible.

Yesterday we did the Summoning Pits again, three warlocks and it felt like this time I was the more experienced one. The problem is that we always end stuckhaving to shoot Phogot through the door, with risky supply runs that half the time end in death. The only person I have seen going out and surviving was a Lvl.32 Guardian. I suppose that if this was a group of friends instead of randoms we could craft a decent strategy for it.

I'm getting at least House of Wolves in a few days, no point in waiting for TTK as I will forget about the game once I go back to studying in September. Anything in particular I should know? Looks like Prison of Elders only has matchmaking for level 28, so I would end with the same issues as usual trying to find people.

ocean

Banned
DGaf, is loner.rebel any good weapon ? Any suggestions for the best roll for it ?
http://www.destinydb.com/items/2210820431-loner-rebel

All the possible perks. It's a good HC, in the comfortable "medium impact, medium rate of fire" archetype most people prefer. Good rolls will depend on whether you want it for PvE or PvP though.

For PvP you can go for the trusty Hawkmoon-lite: Luck in the Chamber, Smallbore and Final Round. In PvE I'd go with Zen Moment or Army of One, Outlaw, Field Scout.

Tons of good combinations. Not like snipers or shotguns where there's 1 or 2 setups that dominate. With primaries it's really up to you and wha you're looking for :)

Yesterday we did the Summoning Pits again, three warlocks and it felt like this time I was the more experienced one. The problem is that we always end stuckhaving to shoot Phogot through the door, with risky supply runs that half the time end in death. The only person I have seen going out and surviving was a Lvl.32 Guardian. I suppose that if this was a group of friends instead of randoms we could craft a decent strategy for it.

I'm getting at least House of Wolves in a few days, no point in waiting for TTK as I will forget about the game once I go back to studying in September. Anything in particular I should know? Looks like Prison of Elders only has matchmaking for level 28, so I would end with the same issues as usual trying to find people.

You have to do the story mode to unclock PoE. And just post here for your PoE needs :)

Shito

The usual hang out spot for Phogoth other than the entrance thing is in the far left corner of the map. There's a rock you can hide behind, and only a few adds come bothering you / the wizards leave you alone.

Also, you have a GAF account: you won't have too much problem finding people for PoE. :)

DGaf, is loner.rebel any good weapon ? Any suggestions for the best roll for it ?

After giving the stats a quick look, I'd say it's average. Not the best, but also not bad. It's in the same impact category as Fulcrum and Red Hand so it's not the best candidate for a LitC/Final Round build, but it could still work.

If you like it, go with Quickdraw (or the others, comes down to personal preference), Zen Moment, Extended Mag (or Flared Magwell, it has the third lowest reload speed of all current Legendary Hand Cannons), and Hidden Hand. It's worth noting that this exact build is on the vendor version of The Fulcrum, so if you want that instead, go for it.

Ugh hate the door strat i do good by the wall near phogath i kinda gkt the timing down of what mobs come when then just keep phogoth snipe stunned inbetween.And besides gaf id recommend using destiny.lfg most do party chat so you can cordinate on whos doing what just avoid the divas who demand 365 ghorn.

ocean

Banned
After giving the stats a quick look, I'd say it's average. Not the best, but also not bad. It's in the same impact category as Fulcrum and Red Hand so it's not the best candidate for a LitC/Final Round build.

If you like it, go with Quickdraw (or the others, comes down to personal preference), Zen Moment, Extended Mag (or Flared Magwell, it has the third lowest reload speed of all current Legendary Hand Cannons), and Hidden Hand. It's worth noting that this exact build is on the vendor version of The Fulcrum, so if you want that instead, go for it.
It's actually the ideal archetype for a LitC build.

Lower impact ones crit for 77. That means that a lucky crit followed by another headshot will do 102+77= no kill. Middle impact HCs crit for 86, meaning a double tap will get a kill (115+86) if LitC or Final Round procs in either one. Note: high armor builds will still survive this. Damn Ram.

Anyways high impact HCs like Timur's Lash or Ill Will crit for 95. They are a guaranteed 2 headshot kill when LitC or FR proc (95+127=dead target). But they fire much slower.

Low impact HCs with these perks take same amount of bullets to kill (3 to the head). High impact ones are slow and guaranteed at 2 to the head. Medium will most of the time get the job done in 2 shots but be faster firing 100% of the time. Seems like a better option to me.

Hawkmoon breaks this because: its RoF is medium tier while it's impact is slow tier. As in, it fires as fast as Red Hand and does as much damage as Timur's (94 to the head). Plus it has 3 lucky bullets and a mag of 13. And Hammer Forged and Aggressive Ballistics. It's damn perfect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom