• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT25| The Taken Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great day today! Quit my job of 4 years. Feels fucking good.

Nice Ruthless! I did this a few years ago at a job I was at for like 5 years. Felt so good and honestly the best decision I made. No point in staying with a job if you don't like it.

Taking some time off to travel is always a good decision before finding something else!

Edit: I just got back from a nice 5 day vacation and really don't want to start work today :(

Deku Tree

Thorn with field choke and snapshot and TLW with soft ballistics and either single point sling or high caliber rounds. Looks like most people yesterday agreed on that. Should make sweaties even more interesting. Also no rangefinder/shot package shotguns anymore. Thank god.

So what's the best roll for sweaty shotguns now? Are people moving back to fusion rifles?

LiK

Yup, Ruben is my Trials bro and master. I'm learning a lot from his tactics and it makes me better at 3v3 overall. Played with various third spots but recks has been giving me the most laughs. So yea, thanks again to them for helping me out to get flawless even tho they were tired.

It definitely wasn't my night last night in PVP overall. I was a super scrub and wasn't landing any of my shots. It was the first time I brought in my Striker Titan into Trials so that was quite a learning curve. Didn't expect so many damn snipers in this map either.

The best moment was when we lost to a team but we ended up fighting against them two more times in a row and we beat them both times.

The Trials packages didn't give me any weapons at all. At least I got the Exile arms and legs. They look awesome.

noomi

Yup, Ruben is my Trials bro and master. I'm learning a lot from his tactics and it makes me better at 3v3 overall. Played with various third spots but recks has been giving me the most laughs. So yea, thanks again to them for helping me out to get flawless even tho they were tired.

It definitely wasn't my night last night in PVP overall. I was a super scrub and wasn't landing any of my shots. It was the first time I brought in my Striker Titan into Trials so that was quite a learning curve. Didn't expect so many damn snipers in this map either.

The best moment was when we lost to a team but we ended up fighting against them two more times in a row and we beat them both times.

Ruben is awesome, I always try to pick up on his tactics as well. Any time I have the chance to play with him and his crew it's like a whole other level of pvp.

Maybe he can help me get to mercury today <3

Read Lima's post that I quote. He says rangefinder and Shot package is banned from sweaties now.

I must have missed a bunch of discussion yesterday.... not sure what that's all about. But I'm still seeing shotguns with shot package and thorns/tlw with aggressive ballistics....

*edit*

Ahhh, this is for sweaty matches ok.... well yeah... I guess they have their own set of standards/rules. Also reading now that knucklehead radar is banned due to a headshot glitch...

WipedOut

So close yet so far away, couple friends tried to help get me to Mercury last night but it wasn't meant to be. Made it to 6-0, lost one, made it 7-0 lost another. Did make it to 8 wins, didn't pull anything special from silver or gold.

LiK

Ruben is awesome, I always try to pick up on his tactics as well. Any time I have the chance to play with him and his crew it's like a whole other level of pvp.

"Be more aggressive!" Hehe

ocean

Banned

I must have missed a bunch of discussion yesterday.... not sure what that's all about. But I'm still seeing shotguns with shot package and thorns/tlw with aggressive ballistics....

You'll only see these self imposed limitations if you're playing against teams. No heavy ammo, no Final Round etc. You'll still see all these things in regular Crucible matches, but the competitive scene sets rules to sort of balance the game.

If you start firing TLW from the hip with Knucklehead Radar equipped, the rest of your headshots while ADS will crit for 111 (which should only happen while hip firing). This is an example of something else which will probably end up being "banned" for competitive matches.

noomi

"Be more aggressive!" Hehe

Seriously, a few weeks ago I played with him and young gunner... this was cauldron I think. We steam rolled the opposing team every damn round.... it was amazing. I am not that comfortable with being completely aggressive yet, although I'd like to think I'm much better than I was a few months back....

LiK

Seriously, a few weeks ago I played with him and young gunner... this was cauldron I think. We steam rolled the opposing team every damn round.... it was amazing. I am not that comfortable with being completely aggressive yet, although I'd like to think I'm much better than I was a few months back....

Same issue here, I just need to remember to hunt down the last guy whenever we down two guys on the other team.

Finally got me a Hawkmoon, Gjallarhorn is due.

I would gladly trade you two Horns for a Hawk.

Lunar FC

Same issue here, I just need to remember to hunt down the last guy whenever we down two guys on the other team.

I would gladly trade you two Horns for a Hawk.

I'd make that trade. I got it off my final guaranteed exotic try in PoE, I was going to be disappointed if it wasn't a Hawk or Horn

noomi

So what's the go to striker titan exotic?

I'm currently using eternal warrior, but inmost light helm seems good as well. Do not have armamentarium yet..

Deku Tree

Hawkmoon is a shadow of its former self since the nerfs.

I predict that with the coming TTK expansion we will get further weapons rebalancing patches that further nerf the exotic handcannons in PvP and then we will leave the season of handcannons behind and the fall will bring on the season of a new PvP meta. We will enter the season of Pulse rifles. Bring on the days of the messenger and HP!

Morning DGAF!

After taking a much needed break from Destiny, this was my first weekend back. I fired up HoW for the first time last Friday. I ran my Warlock through the story, got him up to 34 thanks to some awesome folks here, beat Skolas on my first try, and was somehow managed to snag the boots from ToO for my Warlock as well. Overall, I think HoW is solid. I personally would have preferred a raid to Trials, but that's just me.

As someone who was running 3x 32s before HoW I have some questions about what I should be doing now going forward...

1) Is the best place to get Etheric Light the Trials? If so, woof, I'm going to need the power of greyskull and some Gafers to get that done.

2) Should I just focus on running PoE each week in order to get my Titan and Hunter up to 34 now?

3) At one point I did consider myself a decent PVP player, but Trials has taught me some harsh lessons. What's the setup with the Thorn I am missing?

One other thing I noticed is the fact that I actually played with Nami before I became a GAF member. I noticed him and Noomi in a party over the weekend and it finally clicked that we must have grouped up at some point for a raid. Maybe through LFG?

ocean

Banned
I'm assuming Bungie won't go full insane and ever use Skyshock, Bastion or First Light for Trials. With Exodus Blue and Timekeeper being PS exclusive, the remaining map options are:

- Rusted Lands
- Twilight Gap
- The Anomaly
- Shores of Time
- Asylum
- Firebase Delphi
- Blind Watch

Out of these, I'd most like to see Asylum and Anomaly. Delphi is gonna be madness :p

Shito

I predict that with the coming TTK expansion we will get further weapons rebalancing patches that further nerf the exotic handcannons in PvP and then we will leave the season of handcannons behind and the fall will bring on the season of a new PvP meta. We will enter the season of Pulse rifles. Bring on the days of the messenger and HP!
Please, no... don't want to farm dragon strikes for a HP... ;___;

MrMuscle

I'm currently using eternal warrior, but inmost light helm seems good as well. Do not have armamentarium yet..

Im guessing you are talking about PvP seing as PVE is Defender Titan country! Mk. 44 Stand Asides are great fun, get that shoulder charge up. Make people angry!

For me... Armenineimnimtarium and Peregrine Greaves. I use those more than all of the others. The stat rolls are gravy too.

ocean

Banned

It's a shame because legendary HCs are perfect right now. The exotics only need a tiny bit of tweaking:
- one less DoT tick on Thorn so it doesn't kill on double tap
- TLW 111 only proc on hipfire. It glitches and procs on ADS way too often now
- Hawmoon doesn't feel OP tbh, just really good. If they stopped lucky bullets from stacking you could sometimes get double headshot kills but never a headshot+body shot kill (or worse, a one shot kill) but it'd remove the weapon's whole appeal. Overall I wouldn't complain if they removed the stack but it'd be a low blow

I don't like guaranteed 2 shot kills. Hipfire TLW I don't mind since its range limited and requires high skill. Thorn and high impact pulse rifles killing in two shots cheapens PvP in my opinion.

2 shot kills need to go. Kill that from Thorn and pulses and we're gravy. I mean a Messenger shouldn't kill in 2 shots when The Scholar (which fires way more slowly) kills in 3.

Ken

Armamentarium is probably the best for PVE and PVP since grenades are always useful.

Lupi is a competitive pick for Trials obviously.

Both of the greaves are fun too.

ocean

Banned
For me... Armenineimnimtarium and Peregrine Greaves. I use those more than all of the others. The stat rolls are gravy too.
Peregrine is extremely situational though. I mean the charge is a one shot kill anyways. This exotic is only useful if you do a mid air charge on a Bladedancer or Radiance Warlock using Radiant Skin. Using the exotic slot for a situation which may or may not even happen maybe once or twice a match is far less useful than double grenades all match long in my opinion.

Peregrine is omextremely situational though. I mean the charge is a one shot kill anyways. This exotic is only useful if you do a mid air charge on a Bladedancer or Radiance Warlock using Radiant Skin. Using the exotic slot for a situation which may or may not even happen maybe once or twice a match is far less useful than double grenades all match long in my opinion.

Yes but when I play pvp with my Titan all I do is shotgun and shoulder Charge because my Titan is for dumb fun. I play seriously on my two locks. :)

noomi

Sorry this post will be gigantic, lots of replies....

The one you don't have. Rest are crap.

Yea, double grenades are awesome.

Im guessing you are talking about PvP seing as PVE is Defender Titan country! Mk. 44 Stand Asides are great fun, get that shoulder charge up. Make people angry!

Armamentarium is probably the best for PVE and PVP since grenades are always useful.

Lupi is a competitive pick for Trials obviously.

Both of the greaves are fun too.

Damn... well here's to hoping Xur brings it, or at least the chest engram so I can waste another 500 motes :/ I need those double nades!

Thanks for the replies guys, still learning the titan mechanics :D

I never got the know the pre-nerf awesomeness of the Hawkmoon. Everyone always said it was like a sniper :(

Funny how that works... couldn't get one for the longest time and now I must have had 8 or 9 drop already... including two this week :|

Morning DGAF!

Hey! First of all welcome back, we are always happy to have people return to Destiny.

1. Trials drops Etheric light at 6 wins and 8 wins. You can also get some from Nightfalls, Iron Banner or completing 34 or 35 PoE's. I would say the easiest to do would be the 34 PoE's

2. Yes do PoE's for armor cores/ judgements chance and try to gey them up to 34. You can also use etheric lights to ascend current gear to get you to level 34. Pair that with a new exotic and you'll be there in no time :)

3. Thorn you want aggressive ballistics and range. The last Word is also very good :)

We usually play together here, and group up quite frequently. There is a chance you might have played with one of us in the past.

Hey! First of all welcome back, we are always happy to have people return to Destiny.

1. Trials drops Etheric light at 6 wins and 8 wins. You can also get some from Nightfalls, Iron Banner or completing 34 or 35 PoE's. I would say the easiest to do would be the 34 PoE's

2. Yes do PoE's for armor cores/ judgements chance and try to gey them up to 34. You can also use etheric lights to ascend current gear to get you to level 34. Pair that with a new exotic and you'll be there in no time :)

3. Thorn you want aggressive ballistics and range. The last Word is also very good :)

We usually play together here, and group up quite frequently. There is a chance you might have played with one of us in the past.

Awesome. Thanks for the info Noomi! Looks like I've got some work to do.

ocean

Banned
Awesome. Thanks for the info Noomi! Looks like I've got some work to do.
Try to squeeze in PoE 32 before tomorrow's reset. The chest piece sold this week is excellent.

The perk for Fallen rooms in PoE gives you a ton more armor when facing that enemy type. You can take a lot of damage and it's a life saver on Skolas. Also, Special Weapon ammo boost and Intellect or Discipline with very high rolls. All in all, worth wearing even outside PoE. Try and get that for your alts because Variks can be a troll and next week's piece might be trash :p

Try to squeeze in PoE 32 before tomorrow's reset. The chest piece sold this week is excellent.

The perk Fallen rooms in PoE gives you a ton more armor. You can take a lot of damage. Also, Special Weapon ammo boost and Intellect or Discipline with very high rolls. All in all, worth wearing even outside PoE. Try and get that for your alts because Variks can be a troll and next week's piece might be trash :p

Ah, that's good to know! I did get the chest for my Titan so he's 33 now. Looks like it will be my Hunter's turn tonight.

Ah Destiny...how I've missed you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom