• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT25| The Taken Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone planning on getting in a final few Trials runs in tonight before the reset?

I'll play with you since last night I decided to give Ether One a try...

And now I regret tht decision. Game is boring and makes no sense at all. It also forces the PS4 to a degreee not even destiny does. My PS4 roars like a jet when I'm playing it. wtf.

noomi

I'm sorry Noomi, but I hope Xur sells Ruin Wings this week. I wasn't playing when he sold them a bunch of times :(

Ooo! I want some ruin rings also, totally forgot about those. I'm still missing a ton of titan exotics, so pretty much anything will be new... expect helmets/boots I have all those already :p

Anyone planning on getting in a final few Trials runs in tonight before the reset?

Trials is fun! It doesn't need to be stressful. ;-p

I might be... and yes trials is fun, I had a great time playing with you and your buddy the other day.

Even though we didn't get very far, it was still awesome to game with you guys :)

PuMa

I might be... and yes trials is fun, I had a great time playing with you and your buddy the other day.

Even though we didn't get very far, it was still awesome to game with you guys :)

Yeah, we had some sweaty matches. Started to gel a bit. My buddy was actually just learning that map...

Except that round we got rolled by the pro team 0-5 and only got one kill :-(

Lnkn52

A love letter from Stable to his Opponent.

MALthly.png

Got Wrecked by Ruthless.

Lima

So what's the best roll for sweaty shotguns now? Are people moving back to fusion rifles?
I wasn't in the party anymore but I think the general agreement was that the recommended shotgun now is Found Verdict. Still a very good shotgun, mo bullshit snipes with it. Everyone either has it or has easy access to it cause the drop rate is really high. Other shotguns are okay though as long as they don't have rangefinder/shot package.

Lnkn52

What did he say? His salty message I mean.

Stable first messaged him with GG.
He replies that Stables needed a Last Round sniper to beat him, plus that he should get better with his TLW since Stable's teammate were missing shots.

And then finally with a ;)

Dude, you know we can see your email address. Might want to edit that out for safety.
TY Gutz, I'm not that worried. If I get spam mail now, I know where to hunt.

GutZ31

Stable first messaged him with GG.
He replies that Stables needed a Last Round sniper to beat him, plus that he should get better with his TLW since Stable's teammate were missing shots.

And then finally with a ;)

TY Gutz, I'm not that worried. If I get spam mail now, I know where to hunt.

Just looking out for a bro.
Was a good ride to watch!

Kyne

It begins gaf. Did we ever find out if codes are region locked? I'd like to get that list going so I can start giving them away to those who won't have access.
IMG_20150629_082158_zpski4yrjen.jpg

Ikkarus

It begins gaf. Did we ever find out if codes are region locked? I'd like to get that list going so I can start giving them away to those who won't have access.
IMG_20150629_082158_zpski4yrjen.jpg
Those are limited to the U.S. right?

I don't think I've seen anything here in the UK.

[IG]http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c100/Gaara48180/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_20150629_082158_zpski4yrjen.jpg[/IMG]

Is the quest out already?

Unstable

Going to sleep now. Thanks for running with me Zoba and Wicked! Very happy we were able to get everyone to Mercury today.

The salt was real. Still can't believe I started the run with no boons. >.>

Could of sworn I bought them all. :(

I'm still shaking my head.

Deku Tree

The quest opens Sept 15th, but the XP bonuses can be used starting July 1st. Probably best to save them until the new subclasses are out though.

Is it a one time 30 minute XP boost? If so w/e. Or is it some kind of a XP boost consumable that you can buy over and over again? If so wow!

Omni

So those redbull things... you get that quest if just redeem just one code?

Impossible for me to get one, blah.

So what's the go to striker titan exotic?

I'm currently using eternal warrior, but inmost light helm seems good as well. Do not have armamentarium yet..

For the most part Titan Striker exotics aren't really amazing, there are a couple of decent ones. However, most are average.

Armamentarium is probably your best bet for the lightning nade spam, after that Inmost Light since it gives you two perks. After those I would say Eternal Warrior, Unstoppable is a very underrated perk, however it works best if you use it with Headstrong. This allows you to rush teams much more effectively. Alpha Lupi is great for rezs ofc. Peregrine are nice, but they are situational. Skullfort is alright, it's not the worst exotic, however there are better choices. ACD/0 aren't really worth using, the damage isn't high enough. Stand Asides are also fairly underwhelming, the base length for Shoulder Charge is already fairly high, so you really shouldn't have a problem. Unless you're just sprinting non-stop. Lastly, Ruin Wings don't work in pvp, so no point unless you just like looking cool.

This is all based off pvp though. Since Striker pve isn't good compared to a Defender.

ocean

Banned
Unstable's run moved him far up the ranks again on DTR. #41 for wins, #23 in kills. DTR score #32 on PS4. He'd be top 10 if he did trains like these every week for sure :p

His famous Titan Smash skills in play though: orbs dropped per game #44,579.

noomi

Unstable doing carries and I'm just here at work being lazy :(

Oh nvm... looks like he's just going to bed, night night!

Deku Tree

Unstable's run moved him far up the ranks again on DTR. #41 for wins, #23 in kills. DTR score #32 on PS4. He'd be top 10 if he did trains like these every week for sure :p

His famous Titan Smash skills in play though: orbs dropped per game #44,579.

I have the impression that the overwhelmingly largest component of your true skill ranking is just number of games played and win percentage together. Other stuff matters but not nearly as much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom