• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT25| The Taken Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lnkn52

I am seriously considering taking my Warlock outta retirement for Trials. I got the Ram so it should be time.

ShesMyNerd runs a Sunsinger Warlock, All Armor spec. His go to character.

Edit: Top of Page

Red Bull Hype:
peter-drinks-red-bull-o.gif

MrMuscle

I am ready for a new PvE event! But seeing as we only ever saw the Queens Bounties once before HoW i guess thats a far fetched dream.

Namikaze1

So we have a drunk Hawkmoon raid going on later around 6-7 PM EST.

Currently, it's just rodiard and I on the team. I'll be streaming this of course.

Raid is VoG and on PS4. Haven't decided the difficulty.

Anyone interested? Fig, you gonna participate in this?

Tears posted the video where he got matched against Robinson 2 days ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mhOapL5d6A

Then there was the time when Unstable & Wicked got matched against Rubenov and Kadey, not sure if anyone saved that video though.

Unstable/Wicked/Drizz also got matched against Slammin Hammon and a couple others in the beginning of last week's trials.

But damn this one is a good one so far (SoM*2 + Hawk) on each team haha.

ocean

Banned
Exactly why Viking funeral is now banned from sweaties.
Never used Warlocks too much but after being burned so much during a Trials I took out a Firebolt + Viking Funeral + Touch of Flame build to Control.

Holy shit. Why didn't I discover this earlier. I can chuck something In the general vicinity of a player and leave them nearly dead with no chance to recover shields. You can clean up a team without reloading after a well placed grenade :|

LiK

Never used Warlocks too much but after being burned so much during a Trials I took out a Firebolt + Viking Funeral + Touch of Flame build to Control.

Holy shit. Why didn't I discover this earlier. I can chuck something In the general vicinity of a player and leave them nearly dead with no chance to recover shields. You can clean up a team without reloading after a well placed grenade :|

I'm gonna be an asshole Warlock too. Cuz Warlocks are assholes.

ocean

Banned
I'm gonna be an asshole Warlock too. Cuz Warlocks are assholes.
I saved a clip. Popped radiance and killed 5 guardians on Exodus able B point just spamming Firebolts and meleeing any fool who came near me. Viking Funeral is real.

Currently, it's just rodiard and I on the team. I'll be streaming this of course.

I'd be down for that. Get home from work around 6 EST so I'd be on by 6:30 the latest

noomi

Ugh.... I could run a PoE35 today with my titan, but that lightswitch is really turning me off.... is there any interest here for doing one later in the day?

Deku Tree

So I guess Bungie is not talking about a Year 2 Season pass? nor are they selling a Year 2 Digital Guardian edition (TTK + Year 2 Season pass) before TTK is released?

ocean

Banned
Do you think we'll ever see a big tournament for this game? Like not a reddit meetup but an actual a lot at a competitive esport event?

I really hope TTK brings private lobbies. Custom matches would go a long way to help this game's competitive community evolve.

Deku Tree

Do you think we'll ever see a big tournament for this game? Like not a reddit meetup but an actual a lot at a competitive esport event?

I really hope TTK brings private lobbies. Custom matches would go a long way to help this game's competitive community evolve.

The competitive scene in Destiny is not that big, plus the lack of private lobbies makes it hard to have an export event I think.

Is there any point in doing the prison of elders wave challenge thing if you don't have a key? I didn't see any loot drops the two times that I have ran through it just the random items in the post mission result screen. But I really enjoyed it, thought it was fun.

Got awesome stuff with Keys though, the truth exotic launcher on first run and some max level legendary chest piece and her right hand legendary shotty on second run, pretty sure my judgment iv is still better though cause of it's crazy range.

How many hours is this in? I could join I guess...

no black hammers!

Daemul

So much shit would need to be balanced first before that could ever be considered.

Is there any point in doing the prison of elders wave challenge thing if you don't have a key? I didn't see any loot drops the two times that I have ran through it just the random items in the post mission result screen. But I really enjoyed it, thought it was fun.

Got awesome stuff with Keys though, the truth exotic launcher on first run and some max level legendary chest piece and her right hand legendary shotty on second run, pretty sure my judgment iv is still better though cause of it's crazy range.

28 for the 2 small chests - will reward motes and strange coins, and if you're lucky, treasure key(s).

32 - same as 28 but also armor core.

34 - same as 28 but also weapon core and etheric light.

35 - same as 28 but also both armor and weapon cores, and etheric light.

Tears posted the video where he got matched against Robinson 2 days ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mhOapL5d6A

Then there was the time when Unstable & Wicked got matched against Rubenov and Kadey, not sure if anyone saved that video though.

Unstable/Wicked/Drizz also got matched against Slammin Hammon and a couple others in the beginning of last week's trials.

But damn this one is a good one so far (SoM*2 + Hawk) on each team haha.

Love it! That was sweaty. Thanks.

Damn it guys don't remember me haha, we just started our run and they were already steamrolling :p
Fun match even though we lost, it was a no secrets match because we always play together.

LordofPwn

So I guess Bungie is not talking about a Year 2 Season pass? nor are they selling a Year 2 Digital Guardian edition (TTK + Year 2 Season pass) before TTK is released?

We'll know more soon. Bungie day is next week. Gamescom is coming up too.

My guess is that they may just want to hold off a bit. They might have all hands on deck trying to finish up the taken king before they split up for future DLCs. Probably been doing a post op on expansions 1&2 as well. wouldn't hurt to try and come at future expansions from a different angle. Destiny development is a big ship to steer.

Lima

This game is not competitive and it will never be in the sense other games out there are.

Even if TTK brings private matches which I hope to god it does, the problem still remains that there is so much bullshit in this game it hurts sometimes. At the same time you can't just go in and forbid everything, essentially rob Destiny's identify and try to turn this into Halo or something. Sometimes I think the hilarious bullshit is what keeps us PvP players playing. It's magical sort of.

rNilla

Play Destiny? Batman? A game from your backlog? Watch movies? TV? Adult entertainment?

There are no other games. There is only Destiny.

I wish it was closer to September. I've already started making an aggregated tooken avatar hype picture. It's not even July.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom