• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT31| The Courted Oryx (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

Okay guys, help me understand (Raid spoilers)
the War Priest fight.

The glyph sequence starts when the Hallowed/Tortured Knights are killed. I'm unsure on whether or not those guys spawn on a timer, or when you kill certain types of enemies.

I've had them appear when some of the adds were still alive, so the latter seems to be the most plausible.

Right now our main problem is his enrage. We'll get him down far enough, but it looks like we're taking too long, so he just enrages and kills us all with the Oculus.

cilonen

Is PSN shitting the bed for anyone else?

It dropped me from the game but restarting the PS4 it has 'half' signed me in - I didn't know that was possible.

I can see my friends online, I could pick up messages about 10 mins ago and I can see people joining parties, but I can't see any of the "What's New" social features or any feeds for any of the games on the XMB and thinks I am logged out of PSN.

Hence, it won't launch Destiny. Bugger.

Wow, maxed out Stormcaller is amazing. The perk where grenade kills charge melee and melee kills charge grenades is amazing, it's just going back and forth between melee and grenade. And the double lightning chaining with the dramatically extended super when melee and grenade is full is just great. What a fun class to play.

the War Priest fight.

The glyph sequence starts when the Hallowed/Tortured Knights are killed. I'm unsure on whether or not those guys spawn on a timer, or when you kill certain types of enemies.

I've had them appear when some of the adds were still alive, so the latter seems to be the most plausible.

Right now our main problem is his enrage. We'll get him down far enough, but it looks like we're taking too long, so he just enrages and kills us all with the Oculus.

That sounds like a dps issue. Two things. Pace out the add killing of the person who has the buff because each time you do it you reduce its strength. Also use snipers for great critical damage.

So far got the Jade Rabbit, Hereafter, and Alchemist Raiment (Warlock robes that turn primary ammo into glimmer) from my legit 3oC uses.

The Alchemist Raiment looks awesome. Love the sound of the hereafter.

Ryuuga

Banned
Got the Shaxx 10-kill streak monologue for the first time and be like

anigif_enhanced-5813-1400192649-38.gif

Fee

Well we need 2 more people from Golgoroth, if anyone wants to play.
We'll keep looking for the next 2 hours or so before we give up for today.

Just add me or Grayfour or Liam_Croft on PSN.

Really I want to finish this raid but we can't even get past Golgoroth because we don't have a team, part of our original bailed out today.

Shamelessly quoting this to get it on a new page so we can fill our raid.

Golg is basically dead, we just need the people.

That sounds like a dps issue. Two things. Pace out the add killing of the person who has the buff because each time you do it you reduce its strength. Also use snipers for great critical damage.

I think it is. We didn't quite understand the mechanic, most of our fireteam members insisted on letting the buffed person die and then reviving him 30 seconds later.

How does the add-killing work, then? You kill one every time your timer nears zero? That decreases your stack, right? What happens when your stack hits zero? You pass it on to another person?

I'm asking because whenever we had the other guy focus on killing adds, it seemed like the Oculus spawned in way faster.

nOoblet16

the War Priest fight.

Two things
1) The knights are on a timer but if you are doing it right everyone should be dead by the time he spawns.

2) You are having DPS issues, try to have the hunter use his tether and the titan use his WoL..they both stack. ALWAYS build the bubble next to the pillars so that you can hide immediately when the thing is over and yet still get the buff and shoot the guy. The last person to step on the glyph during the sequence gets the buff, so if the pillar in front of that person is still intact then that is where your entire team goes so that the buff guy doesn't wastes time moving and spends his effort on shooting ads.

Two things
1) The knights are on a timer but if you are doing it right everyone should be dead by the time he spawns.

2) You are having DPS issues, try to have the hunter use his tether and the titan use his WoL..they both stack. ALWAYS build the bubble next to the pillars so that you can hide immediately. The last person to step on the glyph during the sequence gets the buff, so if the pillar in front of that person is still intact then that is where your entire team goes so that the buff guy doesn't wastes time moving and spends his effort on shooting ads.

Sounds about right. Yeah, some of our guys were lacking in DPS. Didn't even have good sniper rifles.

It'll take some time before I can get a good team together to finish him off, and do the rest of the raid, I think.

LTWood12

Papa Wood is 5 hours from home and I somehow managed to get to 259 light when I could pull assassins creed away from my brother in law. I'm ready to be home Gaf. It's killed me not to be in the thread much.

Hale_C

Hello fellow EuroDestinyGaffers! My friends list for Destiny is pretty thin on the ground right now and I'm pining for some team action, so if you'd at appreciate an additional friendly Guardian at 285 light with a mic and an electric AK, add me!

Hale_TC

Menome

EU PS4:

Anyone who's not racing to do new content fancy helping me through a couple of runs of PoE?

Trying to get Etheric Light, so ideally some Lv34 runs would be best.

R0ckman

Shamelessly quoting this to get it on a new page so we can fill our raid.

Golg is basically dead, we just need the people.

I'll join you, PSN arekkusu77, not sure if group will regather desparately want to get through raid to get something as so far have been completely screwed, light 292.

Top Bottom