• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT31| The Courted Oryx (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

zewone

how do you guys fell about Crucible now?

I liked the old maps better, they were more direct and better suited for engagements

I find most of the new maps to be too big and too all over the place,

At least PvE got better this time around

The maps are bad. Way too big.

New meta sucks too.

Tecnniqe

Banned
EU PS4:

Anyone who's not racing to do new content fancy helping me through a couple of runs of PoE?

Trying to get Etheric Light, so ideally some Lv34 runs would be best.

I'd be down for a skolas some time later today once i get my 3rd CoO done. Currently trying to get more people in the same instance
Still a spot left for this?
Still looking for one?

EU here.
Think marvels in if hes still here. Marvel send me a FR if you want in!

LTWood12

Hahaha I did 1 rest day and took advantage. I didn't think I'd have a flat screen TV at the Airbnb since the pics showed a CRT TV.

Also I had Dead Orbit and vanguard rep was near next level and each gave me a new legendary gear that gave me a nice boost. So I got lucky :D

But now I really can't play much until Tuesday so you'll catch up in no time!

Would love to raid with you, but doubt I'll be able to put in the time for a full blind run. The enrage that would ensue from 16 hours would extinguish the Travelers light completely.

how do you guys fell about Crucible now?

I liked the old maps better, they were more direct and better suited for engagements

I find most of the new maps to be too big and too all over the place,

At least PvE got better this time around

Bannerfall is perfect for Rift and plays 3s okay
Crossroads is good for anything
Dungeons is a great 3v3 map
Frontier is okay in deathmatch
Memento is good in 3s and okay in Rift
Vertigo is a decent Control map
Drifter and Sector are okay in 3s and bad everywhere else

I don't think the maps are necessarily the problem, but it's where they appear and the current Crucible meta we have right now, which is Pulses and Shotguns or bust.

Daemul

The Shaxx questline to unlock his weekly bounties is so long and boring...

I've been at the 12 Rumble Kills stage for days now, not due to any difficulty but because I can't be bothered. Once I looked up everything I had to do to unlock the Weekly Crucible bounties I lost all motivation.

skip

It's not as rewarding as it was in HoW and the map rotation is poor as I don't think I've seen any old maps in the main playlists, which is baffling because why remove maps? I don't want to play the legacy playlists though.

every once in a while I'll get an old map, but yeah, it's 95% new ones and seemingly even more super spam. flying fire hammers out of nowhere.

Juraash

I'm leveling my Warlock. What is currently the most desired subclass in PvE?

I would say that Sunsinger has the most utility through the self rez and buffs. Stormcaller probably generates the most orbs for people to get more supers and Void....might be the best for self sustaining since you can life drain. I dunno, listing them out I can't think of a really strong thing Void does even though it's my favorite. Their super is arguably safer than Stormcaller so it can still put in work against groups.

Definity

Need 1 more for golgoroth checkpoint. No pressure run. Will spend a few hours on him and see what we can do. 290+ light preferred.

Join on DefinityXMG

Yes, but we need to figure out how to get more than 1 fireteam in here.
If you could make a fireteam we could try to join in at the same time or something

Easiest way is to have all six people join solo and hope that two of them match into the same instance and then the other four each join the twos fire teams, if that makes sense, alternatively you can ask a random if you can join their fireteam.

I would say that Sunsinger has the most utility through the self rez and buffs. Stormcaller probably generates the most orbs for people to get more supers and Void....might be the best for self sustaining since you can life drain. I dunno, listing them out I can't think of a really strong thing Void does even though it's my favorite. Their super is arguably safer than Stormcaller so it can still put in work against groups.

Thanks! I'll do Sunsinger first.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Easiest way is to have all six people join solo and hope that two of them match into the same instance and then the other four each join the twos fire teams, if that makes sense, alternatively you can ask a random if you can join their fireteam.

Yeah figured. Kinda hard when US/EU group

Would love to raid with you, but doubt I'll be able to put in the time for a full blind run. The enrage that would ensue from 16 hours would extinguish the Travelers light completely.

Yea itll be interesting. It'll take all 6 to have patience and time for sure. I'll stream it and have gaf behind our backs to encourage others. Plus it seems way more fun than CE.

I know nothing about the raid but just from reactions.

xir

Likely to be eaten by a grue
hmm looking at trophies.... any word on the Echoes of Oryx quest? Google says nada except it's a trophy

Ambitious

Wait a minute, the Chaperone version of the Shield Brothers strike has matchmaking? Why would I risk having my kills stolen by a random?

LTWood12

Yea itll be interesting. It'll take all 6 to have patience and time for sure. I'll stream it and have gaf behind our backs to encourage others. Plus it seems way more fun than CE.

I know nothing about the raid but just from reactions.

Yeah me neither. But the reactions got me hyped as hell.

Did I hear somewhere that Gothalion and the worlds first folks are going to be on Colbert?

GrizzNKev

Banned
I'm trying to finish the crucible quest for elimination but all of my random teammates are complete trash, getting zero kills in a match and shit. Ughhhhh

Wait a minute, the Chaperone version of the Shield Brothers strike has matchmaking? Why would I risk having my kills stolen by a random?

that's what i thought but it only requires one person to get the final hit on the boss with a shotgun for it to count.

also, it's impossible without matchmaking or a fireteam. good luck doing that solo unless you're overleveled with void weapons up your ass.

just hope you get teammates with proper weapons.

Tecnniqe

Banned
For being a game about COOP and Fireteams the system for doing things like CoO is amazingly bad at best. Why cant you Patrol with a 6man team?

I'm down for a raid next Friday night. I'll hopefully be mid 190s at that time. Will probably be posting for a group on GAF before then, maybe create something on the100 too. By then I expect to have read up on all the encounters. I don't have time to do a completely blind raid.

Drizzay, I am expecting a full 40-80 pages thesis rough draft, length may vary depending on methods, analysis, etc, on how to carry for the raid since you already beaten it.

For being a game about COOP and Fireteams the system for doing things like CoO is amazingly bad at best. Why cant you Patrol with a 6man team?

giphy.gif

Ambitious

that's what i thought but it only requires one person to get the final hit on the boss with a shotgun for it to count.

also, it's impossible without matchmaking or a fireteam. good luck doing that solo unless you're overleveled with void weapons up your ass.

just hope you get teammates with proper weapons.

Oh, I didn't plan on doing it solo. My idea was to team up with fellow gaffers and run the strike three times so all of us can kill them once. But that won't be necessary now.

Karl2177

Gonna agree here. Court is kinda a failure for me, since it feels like no one joins your court while they are on patrol.

Yeah quite a few it seems.

Personally I suggest getting your
sword
first things first.

I already got the sword and rasied it to 277 attack with infusion. But I didnt know there where other.

What are the names/titles of them, or should I just start doing all those story quests after the Taken King campaign? Im light 285 now, but want some extra exotics or legendary weapons/armor before trying the raid/nightfall.

Top Bottom