• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT31| The Courted Oryx (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
so I had to dismantle a few emblems...and I can't get them anymore from the emblem kiosk?

Emblem: Lone Focus, Jagged Edge, Field of Light etc. all gone? because they are not there. every other emblem I can get back after dismantling..

or did I miss something?

Kssio_Aug

You're doing all the bounties you can I assume, right? Those are the best source of XP there is each but. But just about everything gives you XP, Story missions, Strikes, Patrol, Crucible. At level 20 you can do one of the Vanguard strike playlists. Once you hit 25 you could jump straight to the TTK story missions if you feel like it.

I'm still not sure if I'm doing the bounties. I'm kind lost to be honest... I'll check that!
How do I access TTK? I used it the light spark in a Titan.

Sullichin

And what should I do after level 25? Cause I believe literally 99% of everyone I see in the game is around level 37~40. I rarely find someone at around my level to play some co-op with... =/
TTK story missions start at level 25. You won't be under geared for them even if other players are doing it at 40, and they'll drop better stuff. You should also be doing bounties whenever you can. You can level up pretty fast with them. That's why everyone went from 34-40 so fast. There's strikes with matchmaking at level 36.

Kssio_Aug

TTK story missions start at level 25. You won't be under geared for them even if other players are doing it at 40, and they'll drop better stuff. You should also be doing bounties whenever you can. You can level up pretty fast with them. That's why everyone went from 34-40 so fast. There's strikes with matchmaking at level 36.

Thanks! Will try making it!

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I'm still not sure if I'm doing the bounties. I'm kind lost to be honest... I'll check that!
Ah yikes! :p That's a huge help. You probably have the wrong impression about how quick leveling up really is (it's super fast)

There's a bounty board in the Tower, basically above the staircase that goes down to the Vanguard/Crucible area is?
edit: You can also access this in the reef

It'll have 6 PvE and 6 PvP bounties and resets once per day. You can track individual bounties by looking at them on your quest screen on the right and hitting "track", and then if you pull out your ghost you can see your progress in them.
How do I access TTK? I used it the light spark in a Titan.
At level 25, a story mission on Phobos (one of Mars' moons) will open up.

edit: Also, quests give lots of XP! Do any you pick up that appeal to you even if they're seemingly random

Looking to do raid starting at War priest. I'm at work now. I'll be ready in about 2 hours (5pm est). Anyone want to join? Well probably need 290+ light. I am 292.

1. Subtervotion (psn)

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
I was under the impression you could only get marks a week from strikes but you can get as many as you want right? Until the 200 limit.

Kssio_Aug

Ah yikes! :p That's a huge help. You probably have the wrong impression about how quick leveling up really is (it's super fast)

There's a bounty board in the Tower, basically above the staircase that goes down to the Vanguard/Crucible area is?

It'll have 6 PvE and 6 PvP bounties and resets once per day. You can track individual bounties by looking at them on your quest screen on the right and hitting "track", and then if you pull out your ghost you can see your progress in them.

At level 25, a story mission on Phobos (one of Mars' moons) will open up.

Thanks a lot dude! Will sure try the bounties right now. Will post again here later to speal about my progress!

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
It was just off for me by about 8 Defense >.> Reported the correct result.
Interesting, what were the specific numbers?
Thanks a lot dude! Will sure try the bounties right now. Will post again here later to speal about my progress!
Any "side quests" you pick up, they'll be in your Quests screen (on the left, bounties go on the right), give lots of XP

Also, once you've completed a bounty to cash it in you just have to go back to that screen and click on it.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Congrats guys. Another one bites the dust. I hope my group can get it done later tonight.

You guys have to tell what classes you used.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Anyone who finished the Exotic Eris quest
The Old Hunger
?

Did you get anything? My quest just vanished as i clicked the
gun
icon. Is it an Armsday thing?

Are there any quests that reward legendary or exotic items? I though I read there was a quest after the main campaign that gave you an exotic rifle. That true? Any other similar quests?

bitsurugi

Maaaan, i was so happy when we finally did it, gooooood job to you all guys! Awesome work, i knew we would eventually did it, i knew it! <3 all!

PS: got a super sh***ty pulse rifle.

Ambitious

My game crashed when we went to the tower, and now it doesn't work anymore. Whenever I try to get to the character selection screen, I get a message saying that my PS4 is unable to connect to PSN, even though PSN is working fine. Hell, I was actually still talking to my group. Restarting the game didn't help. Neither did restarting my router. I've just restarted my PS4, let's see whether this fixes it.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Are there any quests that reward legendary or exotic items? I though I read there was a quest after the main campaign that gave you an exotic rifle. That true? Any other similar quests?
Yeah quite a few it seems.

Personally I suggest getting your
sword
first things first.

DarKshodaN

Is it worth to do the raid?

Don't know from what i saw, thats nothing i would enjoy.So i might skip it

Glad i didnt jumped blind in it :p But congrats to all guys who beat oryx, really impressive :D

Sullichin

Also, you have to turn in the bounties when you're finished with them to get the XP from it. You used to have to turn them in at the bounty vendor, but now you just do it from your quest screen in the menu. I'm mentioning this because after they changed it, I kept forgetting to complete my bounties.

This lets you turn in multiple bounties at once. Your XP goes toward all of your equipped gear, your level, and your subclass. So basically, equip your best stuff/stuff you want to level when turning in bounties.

TsuWave

is anoyne else having trouble getting on destiny? i keep getting unable to connect to psn but when i run all tests everything seems to be working fine

DNAbro

Looking to do raid starting at War priest. I'm at work now. I'll be ready in about 2 hours (5pm est). Anyone want to join? Well probably need 290+ light. I am 292.

1. Subtervotion (psn)
2. DNAbro

I would like to join. I should be able to be there at that time.

Sullichin

Ash Factory still dropping in Crucible?

One area where Bungie phoned it in is in the crucible weapon drops.

Yeah there's some old weapons in there, and some of my favorites didn't seem to make the cut. At least, I haven't seen a Low Grade Humility Y2 version... I've also gotten a Y2 Party Crasher, and NLX Shadow 701X. I think those were both from Crucible at least.

Attempted the raid mostly blind with blue ninja. Got to
war priest
but couldn't quite make it. We came so close twice but just didn't have the dps. We could definitely do it with the dps we had but everything would have to perfect. Reckon if the 280 range people could get to 290 that extra dps would make up for a mistake or two.

Now the dilemma of trying to go on and get it done or go to bed as it's 3am. Ugh.

nOoblet16

Well we need 2 more people from Golgoroth, if anyone wants to play.
We'll keep looking for the next 2 hours or so before we give up for today.

Just add me or Grayfour or Liam_Croft on PSN.

Really I want to finish this raid but we can't even get past Golgoroth because we don't have a team, part of our original bailed out today.

Top Bottom