• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT31| The Courted Oryx (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

How many Hadem Flakes do I need to collect for this quest?

I have 25 and no prompt yet :(

you just have to go talk to lord shaxx (crucible guy) it won't tell you that you are done when you get 25 flakes. take a few motes of light too, you need them as well iirc

Any other fireteam wanna try to game the system to do CoO3?

I'm happy to help, 292 titan but there may just be too many people playing right now to try and match patrols. i was in a group earlier that was trying and they never got any groups to come together. PSN thediamondage. So far the best way just seems to be to stay in there and over time people join up.

LTWood12

So are we assuming the primaries that drop from the hard raid will be elemental, or have they done away w/ that completely (other than Zhalo) because that's all anyone used in year one.

Definity

For the new page:

Anyone want to get a team together and give
golgoroth
(2nd raid boss) a try around 4PM eastern? I should have a couple of hours to burn. I have the checkpoint but not a team. 290+ light preferred.

Team: (2 hour max run, then we call it quits):

1. Definity
2. GalacticToast
3. robertlebrone
4. Jakfu

Please send an invite to DefinityXMG and join the party I have open.

We still need two more!

Went from Light 263 to 268. I had 2 chest engrams, one blue and one purple. I was at 233 light chest, which one would you do first?

I did the blue engram, got 275 and equipped it. And then purple engram gave me 1 less @ 274. I wonder what the other way around would have given?

Oh well, I can infuse it anyways if needed. Can I infuse a chest piece with a different gear type? Can I use an exotic?

Ambitious

WE DID IT! SCOUT RIFLE GET! Fuck you Oryx!

YYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEESYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEESYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEESYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEESYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEESYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEESYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEESYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEESYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEESYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEESYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEESYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEESYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEESYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEESYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEES

FUCK YOU ORYX!!! FUCK YES!!! FUCK YES!!' FUCK YES!!!

Did all of you get two guns? I got just one gun and two moldering shards.

#forever288

I seem to have hit a wall. Most of my drops have been 260 for the longest time now. Do exotics not count toward advancing gear? Do > 290 things drop more in specific activities?

LTWood12

Went from Light 263 to 268. I had 2 chest engrams, one blue and one purple. I was at 233 light chest, which one would you do first?

I did the blue engram, got 275 and equipped it. And then purple engram gave me 1 less @ 274. I wonder what the other way around would have given?

Oh well, I can infuse it anyways if needed. Can I infuse a chest piece with a different gear type? Can I use an exotic?

Vacation schmacation you're ahead of me.

edit: the contents of those engrams are based on the light level you were when they dropped, not when you decrypted.

Luke, if you're reading I hope your team takes what I am about to say to heart.

I'll preface by saying that this isn't an official review, I haven't beaten the last boss, and anyone is welcome to disagree with me.

So what I want to say is I do not think the boss fights in this Raid are good. Mechanically, they are very interesting and uniquely complex and I enjoy that about them. The challenges in between bosses are also nice (especially the second one) and the scale of it is fantastic. It's a giant Raid and it'll be lots of fun when we're blowing through it.

But I don't think it's anywhere near the Vault of Glass. King's Fall to me is what Crota's End was supposed to be, only even then Crota's End managed to keep some of what the Vault of Glass had:

Player Choice

List any encounter from the Vault of Glass and you will see that there are at least 3 different ways to do it. There are different tactics that can be employed and players can change up how they tackle things. Gatekeepers in particular can be tailored to the group as needed: Two people can go in one portal and then go in the next; both portals can be done simultaneously; or one person can solo both portals and pass the relic off to people on the inside.

I love that kind of thing. Every Raid can potentially be different because it will play to the strengths and preferences of the group.

This was diminished in Crota's End, and I don't see it anywhere in King's Fall. These objectives are too specific with little margin for error and I do not see much room for creativity. It's entirely possible that I am judging this prematurely and I'll be pleased to eat crow when alternative strategies are discovered. (The Crota fight bored me when everyone went to the bottom room to DPS Crota and the Ogres, but it was fun again when we started using the left side and the window was better... until it became the only way to do Hard mode.)

As it stands now with King's Fall, I feel like everyone is doing the exact same strategy and I don't see us doing anything else other than perfecting that strategy. In this Raid, there is the right way and the wrong way, and that is not what I think a Raid should be. Vault of Glass certainly wasn't when it launched and it still isn't today.

I'm not asking for platforms where you can ignore the mechanics, and I'm not asking for the fights to be watered down. Hell, I don't think King's Fall is difficult enough. What I am asking for is flexibility where it's up to the creativity and the strengths of the players to solve the puzzles and pull through. Vault of Glass always let the player tackle the encounters how they wanted. King's Fall is basically "DPS or get the fuck out".

Daemul

Master Chief reference?

byYEQAp.jpg

how do you guys fell about Crucible now?

I liked the old maps better, they were more direct and better suited for engagements

I find most of the new maps to be too big and too all over the place,

At least PvE got better this time around

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
I've seen people with a green cube artifact. Is this a quest specific? Last piece I need legendary and higher level.

Definity

For the new page:

Anyone want to get a team together and give
golgoroth
(2nd raid boss) a try around 4PM eastern? I should have a couple of hours to burn. I have the checkpoint but not a team. 290+ light preferred.

Please send an invite to DefinityXMG and join the party I have open.

We still need two more!

Join me in orbit. Still going to need 2 more folks willing to give this a shot.
PSN: definityxmg

Daemul

I liked the old maps better, they were more direct and better suited for engagements

PvP is shit, the new maps aren't very good and their heavy weighting means you play on them 90% of the time. I only do the daily these days before going to do other things, it used to be the complete opposite before.

It's not as rewarding as it was in HoW and the map rotation is poor as I don't think I've seen any old maps in the main playlists, which is baffling because why remove maps? I don't want to play the legacy playlists though.

Menome

EU PS4:

Anyone who's not racing to do new content fancy helping me through a couple of runs of PoE?

Trying to get Etheric Light, so ideally some Lv34 runs would be best.

Juraash

So I have an incredibly stupid question. If I have some year one gear I like to use in regular old crucible, specifically exotics, there is no big reason for me to buy the year 2 version right? Like if I kept my Bad Juju from year 1 for crucible only, no harm right? Or The Last Word for the bounty, no reason to not just use the year one variant right?

Vacation schmacation you're ahead of me.

edit: the contents of those engrams are based on the light level you were when they dropped, not when you decrypted.

Hahaha I did 1 rest day and took advantage. I didn't think I'd have a flat screen TV at the Airbnb since the pics showed a CRT TV.

Also I had Dead Orbit and vanguard rep was near next level and each gave me a new legendary gear that gave me a nice boost. So I got lucky :D

But now I really can't play much until Tuesday so you'll catch up in no time!

Top Bottom