• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT31| The Courted Oryx (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

Zocano

I see two "good" ways to deal with the 3 of Coins thing:

Sell only one at a time for 7 coins

or

Require different ultras to be killed each time

fucking with the % isn't going to stop anything

Even when I enter the Hall of Souls it takes forever to get to the Court. Aren't going to see people all of a sudden hanging out there unless it started guaranteeing exotics or something.

They need to have a second drop zone at the court for people to hang out at.
It should just be its own separate destination you can directly go to from Orbit that's in the Dreadnought. You need to do CoO? Go directly there to play with other players. Everybody can use their runes and if there are enough people there, people can do tier 3 together. Would be better than having to rely on the random chance that other people are in your patrol area.

ocean

Banned
How do you get stolen runes? Random drops?
You can buy them from Eris at rank 5. Once you do CoO she'll give you 3 bounties which, overall, give you like 1500 rep so it's a good boost if you already ranked her up a bit in the past.

Other ways: Dreadnaught "secret" chests, reward from CoO chests.

BraXzy

Any rough summary for the final boss in the raid? Really struggling with my current group.

Can't find any info on the fight.

Bloodsent

How is everyone earning Legendary Marks?

Most come from daily PvP and PvE quests, as well as the Taken War questlines.

I also get a bunch by dismantling legendaries that are no good and lower light level than my current stuff (no need to infuse).

The better question is, what the hell is there to spend them on once you get above 280? All of the gear/weapons you purchase from any vendor is 280, and infusing only costs 3.

Drought has begun now that the quests are completed :p lookin like 30/day

Luckily I only need them for Infusion since vendors can't help me progress anymore

So it looks like you can only earn 240 a week, unless you get lucky and find a Legendary you can dismantle.

daily story, daily crucible, and strike playlist for me. but I'm not sure if the strike playlist marks were for the quest I had or if they're a regular reward...

Strike playlist = 10 marks for the first 3 strikes of the week, per character.

After that, only 30 per day if you don't include quests.

I see two "good" ways to deal with the 3 of Coins thing:

Sell only one at a time for 7 coins

or

Require different ultras to be killed each time

fucking with the % isn't going to stop anything

Or just change ultra status for Draksis and Zydron(sp?). Make them majors or something.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
The better question is, what the hell is there to spend them on once you get above 280? All of the gear/weapons you purchase from any vendor is 280, and infusing only costs 3.

Exotics from your year 1 collection that you wanna get year 2 versions of. That's about it.

anyone doing CoO tier 3? I still need that. PSN: Ultrajari

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Or just change ultra status for Draksis and Zydron(sp?). Make them majors or something.

I'm a fan of changing it from any ultra to strike bosses. Seems like a reasonable solution that maintains the idea behind the buff, removing (or at least reducing) the ability to abuse it, and getting those sweet 2 legendary plus one exotic loot explosions off a heroic strike boss is just the god damn best.

ocean

Banned
So it looks like you can only earn 240 a week, unless you get lucky and find a Legendary you can dismantle.
Yeah. Again this will only be an issue for the next few weeks while we're still equipping alts and stuff. Then Marks will go back to being perpetually capped

I recommend highly doing the Vanguard story missions, they will help you get that first big number of Legendary Marks and some Vanguard mission reward you will Legendary weapons like a Heavy MG of 280 light

gaiining that gear nets you more light, more light means you will be able to take on Dailies and Weekly Heroic Strikes.

IMO, completing the Vanguard Quests first is the best bet to get story related Marks and be awarded with Gear that boost your light level

And that Gunsmith, he is your friend. Test thos weapons. At Level 2 he gives you a chance of getting a 280 Special Weapon.

ocean

Banned
I must have played this game for more than 40 hours since TTK dropped (12 of them in the Raid yesterday).

And I just now finished all the PvE quests...on one character. Not even, 2 of them still require killing Oryx and there's that stupid sparrow race thing I just abandoned. And I need to grind some shit for an Exotic sword. Nvm not done yet wow

Haven't touched PvP besides Daily and PvP component of a few quests.

"Not enough content to justify price"

Frenden

Banned
Did most of you cheese your Chaperone quest by equiping TLW only during super/heavy?

I used to love TLW, but I can't kill a goddamn thing with it on these new shotty friendly maps. I seem to queue into Sector 90% of the time and TLW is at a sever disadvantage there.

Top Bottom