• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT31| The Courted Oryx (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

Drought has begun now that the quests are completed :p lookin like 30/day

Luckily I only need them for Infusion since vendors can't help me progress anymore

I'm pretty sure this was the point and how they were designed to work. They help you starting out so you get them from quests. Since you need them only to infuse now, 30 a day is beyond plenty.

Kssio_Aug

Interesting, what were the specific numbers?

Any "side quests" you pick up, they'll be in your Quests screen (on the left, bounties go on the right), give lots of XP

Also, once you've completed a bounty to cash it in you just have to go back to that screen and click on it.

Also, you have to turn in the bounties when you're finished with them to get the XP from it. You used to have to turn them in at the bounty vendor, but now you just do it from your quest screen in the menu. I'm mentioning this because after they changed it, I kept forgetting to complete my bounties.

This lets you turn in multiple bounties at once. Your XP goes toward all of your equipped gear, your level, and your subclass. So basically, equip your best stuff/stuff you want to level when turning in bounties.

I've done 4 bounties with my Level 16 Hunter (it is almost 19 now), and yeah, that was pretty great indeed!
However, I logged in with my level 25 Guardian, and I noticed his bounties were exactly the same, giving the same ammount of EXP. Is that right?

Also, I believe one of my bounties recquire an skill I don't have (not sure its name in english thoug, but in portugues is a "vacuum skill")

ocean

Banned
A lot of people tried to compare this Raid to previous ones on the basis of how long completion took for world first.

I think a more interesting and relevant comparison would be: how many teams manage to finish the damn thing on the first reset :p

So many people stuck in boss 2/3 or Oryx

bitsurugi

Raid is definitelly way harder. You have to consider the fact most ppl here are playing destiny for a year. So it's not a fair comparisson.

We're stuck on Oryx but its mostly that we just don't know what the fuck we're missing. We do everything in the guide and are still getting blown up from god knows the fuck.

giphy.gif

banderas.png

Tecnniqe

Banned
Anyone wanna Skolas? Cant get ahold of the guy who wanted to do it to begin with. Still need ship on this char so. Anyone want? Got 1 spot

Edit FULL

Messiek

I'm lost. I need a better ghost, no idea what will grant me one. I wanna kill Oryx, but there's no group. I wanna level up my hunter but that way I won't get to 296 with my Titan and maybe kill Oryx because I need a better ghost ... And so on.

Shito

Most come from daily PvP and PvE quests, as well as the Taken War questlines.

I also get a bunch by dismantling legendaries that are no good and lower light level than my current stuff (no need to infuse).

The better question is, what the hell is there to spend them on once you get above 280? All of the gear/weapons you purchase from any vendor is 280, and infusing only costs 3.
Didn't try it yet, but aren't the legendary engrams sold by Rahool decrypting based on your current light level?
If so, that would be where to spend your marks at high level, to get some legendaries that are better than 280...

Sky Walker

I want to finish my Court of Oryx Quest. I need to do the tier 2 two times and tier 3. Yet I have no stolen rune and guardians keep doing tier 1 again and again -__- I have a tier 3 rune though.

Tips or anyone help me ?

ocean

Banned
Most of my gear is super well leveled. I'm averaging 294 but it would be so much higher if I had better luck with Heavy/Ghost. Haven't budged a single light in those slots in like 3 days. Feels bad.

Chest: 308
Artifact: 300
Primary: 298
Secondary: 298
Boots: 297
Cloak: 296

--------Ocean's 295 line of Oryx hat making:

Gauntlets: 293
Helm: 290
Heavy: 284
Ghost: 280

4 pieces are below my hat making goal. If I could get a better heavy and ghost I'd be a truly satisfied Guardian but RNG says nah

I'm lost. I need a better ghost, no idea what will grant me one. I wanna kill Oryx, but there's no group. I wanna level up my hunter but that way I won't get to 296 with my Titan and maybe kill Oryx because I need a better ghost ... And so on.

Just keep playing man. There's no way to definitively farm anything. As long as you turn in engrams one at a time and stay at your highest light level you'll get the stuff you need.

Strider

I'd be 290+ with the artififact from completing the Eris CoO quest but I dont have an antiquated rune :(

I want to finish my Court of Oryx Quest. I need to do the tier 2 two times and tier 3. Yet I have no stolen rune and guardians keep doing tier 1 again and again -__- I have a tier 3 rune though.

Tips or anyone help me ?

I'd be willing to help you do tier 2 and give tier 3 a shot. I only need tier 3 for my quest

SonComet

If there's a group of guardians 295+ that still needs to or wants to help take down Oryx let's make a group and do this. Sorry to require a light level but it seems like lower doesn't have the DPS.

PSN SonComet. 297 Titan here.

Bloodsent

Didn't try it yet, but aren't the legendary engrams sold by Rahool decrypting based on your current light level?
If so, that would be where to spend your marks at high level, to get some legendaries that are better than 280...

Any confirmation of this? I mean, I suppose I could drop 60 marks to get the engram for the chest piece in the name of SCIENCE to test it out....

Something tells me though that it would decrypt into a 290 warlock bond or something, which doesn't help me. :)

ocean

Banned
In my desperation for a decent Heavy to replace or infuse my 284 crap, I spend 135 marks on one, and I was 294 Light when I did this.

It gave me a 275.

Shito

Any confirmation of this? I mean, I suppose I could drop 60 marks to get the engram for the chest piece in the name of SCIENCE to test it out....

Something tells me though that it would decrypt into a 290 warlock bond or something, which doesn't help me. :)
No confirmation at all, was just wondering where to spend those marks after the discussion about them started here. :)
Would make the most sense though, and explain the existence of those engrams at Rahool's...

In my desperation for a decent Heavy to replace or infuse my 284 crap, I spend 135 marks on one, and I was 294 Light when I did this.

It gave me a 275.
Bleh.
I suppose we need more tests though, maybe you were just unlucky...

I just wanted to try and do it legit. Was just about to do the 3 coin method now. Just find it stupid that I have to.
the way I see it, Xur is a dick. Xur sells Exotic Armor that are 10 light points lower than Engram exotics, plus Xur doesn't sell weapons anymore

how else are you supposed to get an Exotic Weapon?

Have they patched the Exotic farming?

nope and there is no Exploit. The Scourge of Winter checkpoint does not change the chances of of the 3oC work. The chance factor is the same. It's only the time it takes to grind that changes

Wallach

the way I see it, Xur is a dick. Xur sells Exotic Armor that are 10 light points lower than Engram exotics, plus Xur doesn't sell weapons anymore

how else are you supposed to get an Exotic Weapon?

Technically the items he directly sells can be even worse; once you are over 300 light you have a pretty high chance that your exotic engrams decode at 310 instead of 290.

Yep, Nightstalker is officially my favorite class. I love the precision required to use the super at range and rolling into multi kills with it makes for a good show. Smoke bomb is no throwing knife, but I've done some interesting things with it. And the voidwall grenade can bounce - hnnnng it's like Gunslinger for ninja elves

Top Bottom