• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT31| The Courted Oryx (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

Tecnniqe

Banned
What about the adds outside of the pit? We kill one wave and it feels like we have 10 seconds before the next set it out.

Kill adds > get gaze and trade it > shoot down water balls that spawn above > have dedicated Cursed Thrall killer, once thralls dont spawn have him dps boss until they spawn again, get out of pit once the Gaze stack stop, kill adds, get gaze and repeat

Did most of you cheese your Chaperone quest by equiping TLW only during super/heavy?

I used to love TLW, but I can't kill a goddamn thing with it on these new shotty friendly maps. I seem to queue into Sector 90% of the time and TLW is at a sever disadvantage there.

Nope did mine normally however it was quickest to get done by playing Rift.

Idk if you guys beat
the Daughters
yet, but I'm online now.

giphy.gif

banderas.png

Fuck. I must do this.

zewone

Yep, Nightstalker is officially my favorite class. I love the precision required to use the super at range and rolling into multi kills with it makes for a good show. Smoke bomb is no throwing knife, but I've done some interesting things with it. And the voidwall grenade can bounce - hnnnng it's like Gunslinger for ninja elves
100%.

I don't even want to play as any other classes.

xir

Likely to be eaten by a grue
You will only get higher drops when you get more light. It force you to climb slowly or infuse with other chars gear.

yeah im at 292 but not getting anything past 285 for the last day.

got really lucky with a blue ghost at 296 I guess

Kill adds > get gaze and trade it > shoot down water balls that spawn above > have dedicated Cursed Thrall killer, once thralls dont spawn have him dps boss until they spawn again, get out of pit once the Gaze stack stop, kill adds, get gaze and repeat
The hardest part is getting the bubble destroyed in the direction the guy is facing

neoism

need one more a night fall anyone??
psn ne0ism-

shit sorry but i just excepted the fr and didnt see you name... the first guy just join my game its open!

bitsurugi

Hey guys, i am seeing lots of posts and even missinformation that you need a certain light level to beat Oryx.

Word of advice: don't do that. Don't gate this raid on light, like 295+ for Oryx. Cause it's just wrong and you will end up gimping the raid and maybe yourself to get to a number which in the end does not matter much,

This is not VoG where 29 did a LOT less dmg no matter what. Here a good geared 285 can perform way better then a 295 or more. And i am not talking about the skill level, i am talking even about a similar skilled person.

Rather then a light level, make sure to check what GUNS and armor PERKS your group has. A 285 with a good sniper and fast sniper reload will severely outperform a 295 with bad setup.

The dmg drop of from 295 to 285 (tested it myself) is not noticable, WITH THE SAME GUNS. So if you are 285, due to having a bad artifact, is better then a 295 with bad sniper and good artifact.

This is also why, you can't just use 310 armor and put a fatebringer on.

All the dps encounters in the raid need a good sniper (or fuson rifle) and a good heavy. Those are the priorities.

I am not even talking about individual skill, that's a given: a skilled person, will stay alive and do more dps then a dead person. A skilled person will also land those precision shots and will outperform a guy who misses those, even 10 or more light levels.

But that you guys already know. What i wanted to stress out is: don't gate the raid as in VoG, the level here is secondary importance, more important are the guns (and the armor) and the perks on those.
I would take a good sniper setup (reload, plus ammo capacity) any day over a higher level, due to a spinmetal searching ghost.

Sure, light level helps, but not as much as the attack on guns and the perks. So the ''need 295+' on Oryx'' is a myth. Have good snipers, have them lend those shots on Oryxs' heart and see by yourself. Same goes for the Ogres.

Hope this helps you out, i have tested this on my hunter alt, was doing basically more dps then on a 10 light level higher titan, which had no fast reload gloves and less ammo.

Hey guys, i am seeing lots of posts and even missinformation that you need a certain light level to beat Oryx.

Word of advice: don't do that. Don't gate this raid on light, like 295+ for Oryx. Cause it's just wrong and you will end up gimping the raid and maybe yourself to get to a number which in the end does not matter much,

This is not VoG where 29 did a LOT less dmg no matter what. Here a good geared 285 can perform way better then a 295 or more. And i am not talking about the skill level, i am talking even about a similar skilled person.

Rather then a light level, make sure to check what GUNS and armor PERKS your group has. A 285 with a good sniper and fast sniper reload will severely outperform a 295 with bad setup.

The dmg drop of from 295 to 285 (tested it myself) is not noticable, WITH THE SAME GUNS. So if you are 285, due to having a bad artifact, is better then a 295 with bad sniper and good artifact.

All the dps encounters in the raid need a good sniper (or fuson rifle) and a good heavy. Those are the priorities.

I am not even talking about individual skill, that's a given: a skilled person, will stay alive and do more dps then a dead person. A skilled person will also land those precision shots and will outperform a guy who misses those, even 10 or more light levels.

But that you guys already know. What i wanted to stress out is: don't gate the raid as in VoG, the level here is secondary importance, more important are the guns (and the armor) and the perks on those.
I would take a good sniper setup (reload, plus ammo capacity) any day over a higher level, due to a spinmetal searching ghost.

Sure, light level helps, but not as much as the attack on guns and the perks. So the ''need 295+' on Oryx'' is a myth. Have good snipers, have them lend those shots on Oryxs' heart and see by yourself. Same goes for the Ogres.

Hope this helps you out, i have tested this on my hunter alt, was doing basically more dps then on a 10 light level higher titan, which had no fast reload gloves and less ammo.

Now all this needs to do is hit the front page of Reddit for 24 horus so people stop doing this in LFG. I can't imagine a year of habits will change so soon though.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Gonna run some Heroic Strikes or whatnot. Anyone wanna join, got a 1 spesh.

Well theres a reason the Raid is rated 290. You dont need to get higher than that to beat it. But on Oryx every light level help some in form of damage and survival i assume, since 295 is recommended.

Good post nonetheless!

Alright. Here's my sexy Exo Warlock and the scout rifle. I'm exhausted and happy. Thanks to all the amazing DGAFers I played with. My GF is making lasagna tonight and I am taking a break from Destiny until after the Bears game tomorrow.

Also, I think Kadey asked what we had in our team? Three Warlocks and three Titans. All Sunsingers and Defenders for Oryx.

I will have a bigger post tomorrow when I can gather my thoughts for the entire raid.

Edit: Sorry mobile. I messed that up.

Top Bottom