• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT31| The Courted Oryx (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

GlamFM

Banned
Hmmm.... Petra didn´t give me the lost and found quest-line.

I finished the taken war and Variks´s line - what am I missing?

KxoZz

Alright. Here's my sexy Exo Warlock and the scout rifle. I'm exhausted and happy. Thanks to all the amazing DGAFers I played with. My GF is making lasagna tonight and I am taking a break from Destiny until after the Bears game tomorrow.

Also, I think Kadey asked what we had in our team? Three Warlocks and three Titans. All Sunsingers and Defenders for Oryx.

I will have a bigger post tomorrow when I can gather my thoughts for the entire raid.

My Lock -
CPSvV5SUcAAqCVq.jpg
Scout Rifle -
CPS5Wz_UYAAruk4.jpg

It seems all the raid weapons have the cocoon perk
"When stowed for a short time this weapon is automatically reloaded"
?

That perk is awesome when paired with another raid weapon and GREAT for the
Ogres and the following Oryx chest DPS
in the Oryx fight.

I know the whole blind raid thing loses its appeal when you wipe for hours, but i would have preferred if my raid group abstained from researching these fights. that's the whole reason we're waiting to raid with the same group after all.

KxoZz

KxoZz said:
https://mobile.twitter.com/Charionna...11064389865473

Does this count for Xurs engrams too?

Decided to find out for myself.
Yup. Xur gave me a 310 Stag helmet and a 310 Obsidian Mind.

at 302 light now

nOoblet16

Hey guys, i am seeing lots of posts and even missinformation that you need a certain light level to beat Oryx.

Word of advice: don't do that. Don't gate this raid on light, like 295+ for Oryx. Cause it's just wrong and you will end up gimping the raid and maybe yourself to get to a number which in the end does not matter much,

This is not VoG where 29 did a LOT less dmg no matter what. Here a good geared 285 can perform way better then a 295 or more. And i am not talking about the skill level, i am talking even about a similar skilled person.

Rather then a light level, make sure to check what GUNS and armor PERKS your group has. A 285 with a good sniper and fast sniper reload will severely outperform a 295 with bad setup.

The dmg drop of from 295 to 285 (tested it myself) is not noticable, WITH THE SAME GUNS. So if you are 285, due to having a bad artifact, is better then a 295 with bad sniper and good artifact.

This is also why, you can't just use 310 armor and put a fatebringer on.

All the dps encounters in the raid need a good sniper (or fuson rifle) and a good heavy. Those are the priorities.

I am not even talking about individual skill, that's a given: a skilled person, will stay alive and do more dps then a dead person. A skilled person will also land those precision shots and will outperform a guy who misses those, even 10 or more light levels.

But that you guys already know. What i wanted to stress out is: don't gate the raid as in VoG, the level here is secondary importance, more important are the guns (and the armor) and the perks on those.
I would take a good sniper setup (reload, plus ammo capacity) any day over a higher level, due to a spinmetal searching ghost.

Sure, light level helps, but not as much as the attack on guns and the perks. So the ''need 295+' on Oryx'' is a myth. Have good snipers, have them lend those shots on Oryxs' heart and see by yourself. Same goes for the Ogres.

Hope this helps you out, i have tested this on my hunter alt, was doing basically more dps then on a 10 light level higher titan, which had no fast reload gloves and less ammo.

Exactly what I've been saying. I used a 290 sniper yesterday as a 282 and didn't today I didn't see any difference in damage when compared to what I did today as a 290..with the same sniper.

See that Ruthless?

A 285 with better gun will be better off than a 295 with a worse gun. Guns have the most importance of about 12.5% (even in calculations), Ghosts and class item the lowest (about 10%). If I am able to take down a 290 boss with a team of three people in 280s then the same applies to boss that is 300 and players who are in their 290s. Most people who are doing it and recommending 295+ are the ones who haven't got much light level variation in their team, infact most of them were 295 so there isn't enough sample size to determine that being something like 290 would affect so much that you won't be able to do anything.

By the way you might have a spoilers on the Oryx fight in there.

DjRalford

After doing a couple of zealots on venus I got a ruin wake 296 light

That takes me to 292, just gotta ditch this 280 ghost and 285 artifact and I should Be good for 295

I know the whole blind raid thing loses its appeal when you wipe for hours, but i would have preferred if my raid group abstained from researching these fights. that's the whole reason we're waiting to raid with the same group after all.

I still don't really know how to do the fight. Didn't watch that video.

Magik

Rather then a light level, make sure to check what GUNS and armor PERKS your group has. A 285 with a good sniper and fast sniper reload will severely outperform a 295 with bad setup.

All the dps encounters in the raid need a good sniper (or fuson rifle) and a good heavy. Those are the priorities.

But that you guys already know. What i wanted to stress out is: don't gate the raid as in VoG, the level here is secondary importance, more important are the guns (and the armor) and the perks on those.
I would take a good sniper setup (reload, plus ammo capacity) any day over a higher level, due to a spinmetal searching ghost.

Sure, light level helps, but not as much as the attack on guns and the perks. So the ''need 295+' on Oryx'' is a myth. Have good snipers, have them lend those shots on Oryxs' heart and see by yourself. Same goes for the Ogres.

Agreed 100%.

I was running with a less than optimal set up even though I was 292/293 light level. By not having a sniper and a MG I relied solely on my Fusion and RL which resulted in me not being able to DPS quickly enough on Bosses and not being able to kill certain targets quickly enough, which ultimately hurt my team overall.

Get the right gear first, and than think about light levels after.

DNAbro

Off topic and not about destiny... but whats up with the avatars with the P3 main cast with dunce caps?

Something to do with P5?

Was a bet on whether P5 was coming this year or not. People who lost have to wear these avatars for a month. Hilariously Atlus PR guy took the bet as well.

chur

After doing a couple of zealots on venus I got a ruin wake 296 light

That takes me to 292, just gotta ditch this 280 ghost and 285 artifact and I should Be good for 295
Tier 3 court of oryx gives you a 300 artifact if you have the quest from Eris.

sjay1994

Was a bet on whether P5 was coming this year or not. People who lost have to wear these avatars for a month. Hilariously Atlus PR guy took the bet as well.

Lol.

Kinda glad its not coming out this year, otherwise my wallet would really be taking a beating this winter

KxoZz

I have a 292 Light Beyond Nemesis. I have a 310 Stag and a 310 Obsidian Mind. If I infuse the Stag and the OM into my LBN, will LBN become 310?

Yep, Nightstalker is officially my favorite class. I love the precision required to use the super at range and rolling into multi kills with it makes for a good show. Smoke bomb is no throwing knife, but I've done some interesting things with it. And the voidwall grenade can bounce - hnnnng it's like Gunslinger for ninja elves

Jumper controls are the amazing with the Shadowshot.

Top Bottom