• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT31| The Courted Oryx (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

rNilla

I guess I may as well spoil myself. Not like I'm going to do a blind raid and wasn't averse to anything else prerelease.

BahamutPT

I have a 292 Light Beyond Nemesis. I have a 310 Stag and a 310 Obsidian Mind. If I infuse the Stag and the OM into my LBN, will LBN become 310?

According to this (unless Exotics behave differently) it should become 309.
Edit: Also I would do it to my 298 LBN, as I prefer its perks.

MrS

Banned
What happens if I buy some exotic engrams with my year 1 character? PSN store is down so I cant download TTK file but I want to get these engrams before Xur leaves.

k1t4j

Hey guys, i am seeing lots of posts and even missinformation that you need a certain light level to beat Oryx.

Word of advice: don't do that. Don't gate this raid on light, like 295+ for Oryx. Cause it's just wrong and you will end up gimping the raid and maybe yourself to get to a number which in the end does not matter much,

This is not VoG where 29 did a LOT less dmg no matter what. Here a good geared 285 can perform way better then a 295 or more. And i am not talking about the skill level, i am talking even about a similar skilled person.

Rather then a light level, make sure to check what GUNS and armor PERKS your group has. A 285 with a good sniper and fast sniper reload will severely outperform a 295 with bad setup.

The dmg drop of from 295 to 285 (tested it myself) is not noticable, WITH THE SAME GUNS. So if you are 285, due to having a bad artifact, is better then a 295 with bad sniper and good artifact.

This is also why, you can't just use 310 armor and put a fatebringer on.

All the dps encounters in the raid need a good sniper (or fuson rifle) and a good heavy. Those are the priorities.

I am not even talking about individual skill, that's a given: a skilled person, will stay alive and do more dps then a dead person. A skilled person will also land those precision shots and will outperform a guy who misses those, even 10 or more light levels.

But that you guys already know. What i wanted to stress out is: don't gate the raid as in VoG, the level here is secondary importance, more important are the guns (and the armor) and the perks on those.
I would take a good sniper setup (reload, plus ammo capacity) any day over a higher level, due to a spinmetal searching ghost.

Sure, light level helps, but not as much as the attack on guns and the perks. So the ''need 295+' on Oryx'' is a myth. Have good snipers, have them lend those shots on Oryxs' heart and see by yourself. Same goes for the Ogres.

Hope this helps you out, i have tested this on my hunter alt, was doing basically more dps then on a 10 light level higher titan, which had no fast reload gloves and less ammo.

Good post. What kind of guns do you recomend for the raid then in terms or perks?

I am 292 light atm looking into having a go at the raid sometime next week.

KxoZz

According to this (unless Exotics behave differently) it should become 309.
Edit: Also I would do it to my 298 LBN, as I prefer its perks.

That would be the most annoying thing ever haha.
I guess I'm just gonna stick with the ugly-ass Stag at 310.
Is the exotic perk on it any good atleast?

Finished a control quest.

Rewards are green 37 attack weapons.

giphy.gif

JTripper

Got to 295 today by doing the exotic farm and infusing them into my legendary armor.

The exotic armor I got wasn't great and I prefer using my Helm of Saint-14, so it didn't hurt much knowing I was getting rid of exotics.

Also, I really want to beat the raid before weekly reset, so we should plan something for people with an Oryx checkpoint, which I have.

Bogeypop

Got to 295 today by doing the exotic farm and infusing them into my legendary armor.

The exotic armor I got wasn't great and I prefer using my Helm of Saint-14, so it didn't hurt much knowing I was getting rid of exotics.

Also, I really want to beat the raid before weekly reset, so we should plan something for people with an Oryx checkpoint, which I have.

I'm down for Oryx whenever. This monkey is on my back and I need him off.

bitsurugi

Good post. What kind of guns do you recomend for the raid then in terms or perks?

I am 292 light atm looking into having a go at the raid sometime next week.

Thx.

Well, as much as of the raid weapons (of course ;) ), other then that:

- LDR or more impact sniper (stuns Ogres), spray and play perk, maybe granadier or some other (magazine in middle)

- gloves fast reload
- chest sniper ammo
- boots with extra sniper or rocket ammo.

Heavy is debatable: but dont all go Rocket or all swords. I'd say half/half is enough. Esp for Oryx, due to the mechanics. Won't say more not to spoil.

For Golgoroth, heavy machine gun, fast reload perk, extra machine gun ammo. Sniper is still nr. 1 priority.

Definitely avoid sidearms, shotguns also let me down (i used shotguns non stop, but i had to vault mine for EVERY encounter in the raid).

Primary is debatable and your choice. I love bad juju, the no-reload is OP on red bars, you can have sustained dps and can swap reload perk on gloves for a special weapon reload. On yellow bar mobs i used the sniper.

All in all... use all you like, whatever you use, try to get the reload perk and the max ammo. I was out of ammo A LOT on the learning runs, esp on Oryx.

Hope this helped you :)

Tecnniqe

Banned
That would be the most annoying thing ever haha.
I guess I'm just gonna stick with the ugly-ass Stag at 310.
Is the exotic perk on it any good atleast?

Infuse something like 305-308 and then use 310 to hit 310. Never use highest straight away

Anyone want to do the daily story mission? Having to do everything solo is really making me hate this game again. PSN is madmike22089.

Edit: got someone, thanks!

k1t4j

Thx.

Well, as much as of the raid weapons (of course ;) ), other then that:

- LDR or more impact sniper (stuns Ogres), spray and play perk, maybe granadier or some other (magazine in middle)

- gloves fast reload
- chest sniper ammo
- boots with extra sniper or rocket ammo.

Heavy is debatable: but dont all go Rocket or all swords. I'd say half/half is enough. Esp for Oryx, due to the mechanics. Won't say more not to spoil.

For Golgoroth, heavy machine gun, fast reload perk, extra machine gun ammo. Sniper is still nr. 1 priority.

Definitely avoid sidearms, shotguns also let me down (i used shotguns non stop, but i had to vault mine for EVERY encounter in the raid).

Primary is debatable and your choice. I love bad juju, the no-reload is OP on red bars, you can have sustained dps and can swap reload perk on gloves for a special weapon reload. On yellow bar mobs i used the sniper.

All in all... use all you like, whatever you use, try to get the reload perk and the max ammo. I was out of ammo A LOT on the learning runs, esp on Oryx.

Hope this helped you :)

It did mate, agains thanks a lot :)

Jinjo

What happens if I buy some exotic engrams with my year 1 character? PSN store is down so I cant download TTK file but I want to get these engrams before Xur leaves.

In theory, the contents of an engram is decided when you decrypt it. Not sure how that works with DLC though. You might be able to get Y2 items, you just would never be able to use then without the DLC (since they do need lv 40). Xur leaves tomorrow morning at 11. You can always just splurge on 3 of Coins and farm the shit out of Draksis.

Definity

For the new page:

Anyone want to get a team together and give
golgoroth
(2nd raid boss) a try around 4PM eastern? I should have a couple of hours to burn. I have the checkpoint but not a team. 290+ light preferred.

Please send an invite to DefinityXMG and join the party I have open.

We still need two more!

Thanks for joining guys! Wish I had more time, but that wasn't bad for our first time. We had him under half health once we figured out the rotation and call outs.

I may be back on later tonight if any of you guys are still around.

Guys who done the raid.

Why is the brand of initiate killing me when I'm in the red shield still?

Killing adds removes it. Everyone else should be DPS Sharkodile man then Brand 'holder' (Whoever triggered the last rune of the sequence) should kill some adds.

DjRalford

At the end of daily heroic, justtt about to scan driveeeeeee and complete

Join djralford on ps4for 15 free marks if youve not done the daily yet

I'll wait. 5 minutes from now, then I'll complete

Man, the first part of the chaperone quest is some bullshit.

It's rough but I'm glad it is because I have a feeling The Chaperone could be op in the crucible due to having one projectile, so no spread, meaning extreme shot package. This is something I don't want to see every random using since shotguns are already miserable enough to deal with.

Juraash

Anyone want to chain a couple of heroics? No mic atm since some people are here. That said, I need at least 2 for my quest but I'd run a few more than that.

KxoZz

Infuse something like 305-308 and then use 310 to hit 310. Never use highest straight away

I only had the 310 helmets to infuse :(
I decided to go to 309 with LBN since that still keeps me at 302 light. I have a hunter helmet at 310 too.
Do I give that to my hunter or do I let myself be controlled by that tiny little imperfection that is the 309 and infuse it into my warlock helmet? D:

Baliis

So is it 100% confirmed that Normal strikes gives the same as Heroic ones? Can i go easy mode while watching Netflix?

Idk I feel like there are def caps on the engrams depending on where you get them. Decoded like 15 engrams I got while on patrol and none of them went higher than like 265

MrS

Banned
In theory, the contents of an engram is decided when you decrypt it. Not sure how that works with DLC though. You might be able to get Y2 items, you just would never be able to use then without the DLC (since they do need lv 40). Xur leaves tomorrow morning at 11. You can always just splurge on 3 of Coins and farm the shit out of Draksis.
It's finally working! Bout to jump in now, hold me DGAF

Top Bottom