• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT31| The Courted Oryx (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

stb

Anyone figure out the secret code thing? Theory was that a pirate related code might work today (talk like a pirate day)

Juraash

Sigh, these Petra missions kinda suck. No one sticks around to fight the ultras and they have too much health for me to solo currently.

Last run at Draksis got MoTM and 4th Horseman, only really want the graviton and red death now, has anyone had red death I haven't seen any posted?

In an RNG revenge I still can't get boots to decrypt/drop past 285 or a helm past 290, so am stuck at 291/2

i'm in a weird place where i'm 99% happy with how my hunter looks and plays.

tumblr_m6mzrs0OOl1rr7c36.gif

Tecnniqe

Banned
i'm in a weird place where i'm 99% happy with how my hunter looks and plays.

tumblr_m6mzrs0OOl1rr7c36.gif

Needs more leafs

Last run at Draksis got MoTM and 4th Horseman, only really want the graviton and red death now, has anyone had red death I haven't seen any posted?

In an RNG revenge I still can't get boots to decrypt/drop past 285 or a helm past 290, so am stuck at 291/2
Gotten Zhalo Supercell?

BahamutPT

That would be the most annoying thing ever haha.
I guess I'm just gonna stick with the ugly-ass Stag at 310.
Is the exotic perk on it any good atleast?

I don't like the Stag's perks for my usual gameplay (mostly PvE) so the Fast Revive and more super energy from minions of the darkness would make it a no brainer to infuse it!

Need to get 3 more light levels though. Hoping to get something good from Oryx once I finally defeat him.

KxoZz

I don't like the Stag's perks for my usual gameplay (mostly PvE) so the Fast Revive and more super energy from minions of the darkness would make it a no brainer to infuse it!

Need to get 3 more light levels though. Hoping to get something good from Oryx once I finally defeat him.

Yeah, I infused it. Stag could be useful in PvP but I can use a 290 version just as well there.

Waldini

DAMN.

The Boolean Gemini still hasnt shown up :( The Quest is bugged... God.

Any chance on a fix? I complete EVERY Petra and Variks Quest.

Does anybody on Xbox one want to join us for the raid in a couple hours? We are at
golgoroth
and a few people needed to leave. I would much prefer to fill the team with GAF people, so if you can, reply to this or message me on xbox.

GT is Zoso Achilles

chur

Could you explain the whole thing to me?
When you get the brand it starts out with a x5 multiplier and 9 second timer. Killing an enemy brings it down a notch. You want to kill an enemy when that timer hits 2 or 1 seconds left to keep the brand as long as possible. When there's no multiplier left kill you should still kill an enemy otherwise you'll die.

Hi GAF,

I am a destiny noob. I finished the main campaign solo and (I think) the two DLC.
I have a few questions :
- this is meant without snarkiness whatsoever - but why can't I engage in raids with matchmaking? I don't think I'll have the time/organization to organize 6 people raids with strangers. Similarly, why can't I speak to the people on my team (in strikes)?
Is there any chance / inkling that those things will change?
(I spent a long time trying to do Crota's end by myself with just the required level..)

- I never unlocked the urn quest in the Dark Below, though I think I did the rest to completion - with oddities; I did the will of crota quest and got the final reward, but never had to:
1.Defeat 25 Hive Knights and Wizards, then bring proof of their demise to Eris.
2. In Patrol, defeat the Heart of Crota in the Refinery, Hand of Crota in the Lunar Complex, and Eyes of Crota in the Terrestrial Complex.

Am I missing something about how to unlock it? SHould I just forget about it? (the reward seemed tempting..)

shenze

Banned
Hi GAF,

I am a destiny noob. I finished the main campaign solo and (I think) the two DLC.
I have a few questions :
- this is meant without snarkiness whatsoever - but why can't I engage in raids with matchmaking? I don't think I'll have the time/organization to organize 6 people raids with strangers. Similarly, why can't I speak to the people on my team (in strikes)?
Is there any chance / inkling that those things will change?
(I spent a long time trying to do Crota's end by myself with just the required level..)

- I never unlocked the urn quest in the Dark Below, though I think I did the rest to completion - with oddities; I did the will of crota quest and got the final reward, but never had to:
1.Defeat 25 Hive Knights and Wizards, then bring proof of their demise to Eris.
2. In Patrol, defeat the Heart of Crota in the Refinery, Hand of Crota in the Lunar Complex, and Eyes of Crota in the Terrestrial Complex.

Am I missing something about how to unlock it? SHould I just forget about it? (the reward seemed tempting..)
Raids don't have matchmaking and the urn quest was removed (thankfully)

Kalamari

It's rough but I'm glad it is because I have a feeling The Chaperone could be op in the crucible due to having one projectile, so no spread, meaning extreme shot package. This is something I don't want to see every random using since shotguns are already miserable enough to deal with.

Exclusivity of the Chaperone among the top players won't change anything, it will just further unbalance the playing field. Players will still complain, but now they will argue that it's just unfair due to the fact the gun is unobtainable by them.

Does anybody on Xbox one want to join us for the raid in a couple hours? We are at
golgoroth
and a few people needed to leave. I would much prefer to fill the team with GAF people, so if you can, reply to this or message me on xbox.

GT is Zoso Achilles

I could join in a few (2-3) hours. Im light 285 however, dont know if thats bad.

zewone

Finished a control quest.

Rewards are green 37 attack weapons.

giphy.gif
They expected people to do all those shaxx quests at super low levels.

Necessary evil to unlock weekly bounties for good...I hope.

I'm on the Elimination wins portion myself.

Top Bottom