• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT31| The Courted Oryx (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

Anybody need to do The Undying Mind for Eris (Hunger Pangs quest)?
I swear the strike said "matchmaking", yet I've had to solo it all the way to the boss.
PSN: onimushroom

Kyoufu

DAMN.

The Boolean Gemini still hasnt shown up :( The Quest is bugged... God.

Any chance on a fix? I complete EVERY Petra and Variks Quest.

You need to do all the Petra and Variks quests (every single one) and if you're rank 3 or above with Queen's Wrath then you get the weapon.

MrDaravon

I realized raids don't have matchmaking, but I am not sure I understand why? (does it have a chance of changing some day?)

What was bad about the urn quest?

The urn quest was just super tedious, and Urzok's spawn was a bitch and he also was very difficult to kill depending on your level, and virtually impossible solo since he usually spawned during the enemy movement phase (probably easier now if you have higher end gear). The quest itself wasn't really interesting, it was only done at launch because it guaranteed you purple gloves at a time when people were still often struggling for legendaries.

Exclusivity of the Chaperone among the top players won't change anything, it will just further unbalance the playing field. Players will still complain, but now they will argue that it's just unfair due to the fact the gun is unobtainable by them.

I'd probably rather have some unbalance than be killed by the same weapon all the time. Regardless I think bungie will change that bounty in a patch. It's by far the hardest exotic bounty. They will see the stats of people who have attempted it and those who completed it and probably get rid of the death penalty or increase kill points.

Kyoufu

Exclusivity of the Chaperone among the top players won't change anything, it will just further unbalance the playing field. Players will still complain, but now they will argue that it's just unfair due to the fact the gun is unobtainable by them.

Any chump can get that weapon though. You can just have a friend feed you TLW kills in Rumble.

Oh, looks like I forgot to do the Nightfall. Anyone on Xbone want to help out? 294 Light Hunter with the Zhalo/Bloodbound combo so I don't exactly need carrying.

GutZ31

Hi GAF,

I am a destiny noob. I finished the main campaign solo and (I think) the two DLC.
I have a few questions :
- this is meant without snarkiness whatsoever - but why can't I engage in raids with matchmaking? I don't think I'll have the time/organization to organize 6 people raids with strangers. Similarly, why can't I speak to the people on my team (in strikes)?
Is there any chance / inkling that those things will change?
(I spent a long time trying to do Crota's end by myself with just the required level..)

- I never unlocked the urn quest in the Dark Below, though I think I did the rest to completion - with oddities; I did the will of crota quest and got the final reward, but never had to:
1.Defeat 25 Hive Knights and Wizards, then bring proof of their demise to Eris.
2. In Patrol, defeat the Heart of Crota in the Refinery, Hand of Crota in the Lunar Complex, and Eyes of Crota in the Terrestrial Complex.

Am I missing something about how to unlock it? SHould I just forget about it? (the reward seemed tempting..)
First of all, welcome to DGaf!
So, matchmaking for raids has been asked for, for a long time, and the concensus here is that if they do it, it will be dumbed down to accommodate for for possible communication issues.
As for the strikes having no voice chat, you should pull up your ghost, and check the bottom right hand corner. You should see a D pad up or down arrows.
I believe down takes you to chat options.
This still doesn't mean the others will talk back, so be prepared for some silence.
To get groups going for raids and such, there are all sorts of group forming methods to use, like the100.io, or destinylfg.com, as well as posting here.
It really isn't has hard to get groups going as you may think, just needs to be the right time of day, or the right way of looking for a group.
Destinylfg will be your best bet of just joining up fairly quickly without much planning, and the100.io will be more for targeting a date and time to do your activity.

I have no idea what's up with some quests, they seem to have a few bugs it seems for now.
Welcome again.

sjay1994

Damn, I am so close to 290.

I mean, I could increase it a bit, but infusing stuff doesn't seem practical atm

and I love my hawksaw (281)

cilonen

DAMN.

The Boolean Gemini still hasnt shown up :( The Quest is bugged... God.

Any chance on a fix? I complete EVERY Petra and Variks Quest.

Are you rank 3 with Queen's Wrath (Petra's Reputation - not HoW Variks rep).

Should show up if you've done the two step lost and found quest plus all of Petra and Varik's other quest lines and are Rank 3.

neoism

Yep, Nightstalker is officially my favorite class. I love the precision required to use the super at range and rolling into multi kills with it makes for a good show. Smoke bomb is no throwing knife, but I've done some interesting things with it. And the voidwall grenade can bounce - hnnnng it's like Gunslinger for ninja elves

still bullshit it only gets 2-3 shots while the hammer can go 6-7 plus insane health... when using quiver it just goes down waaaay to quick.

We had three Titans popping Weapons of Light when DPSing Oryx so I was able to stock up there and use the self-res for emergencies.

Ohhhh okay. You were the only one weren't you? Because I was with Drizzay, Stable. Jigga, ZW33, and DJ for 14 1/2 hours and got to Oryx and had to go to bed. Hopefully I can get it done tonight.

Are you rank 3 with Queen's Wrath (Petra's Reputation - not HoW Variks rep).

Should show up if you've done the two step lost and found quest plus all of Petra and Varik's other quest lines and are Rank 3.

Getting to rank 3 is going to take a long time for people who hadn't worked on it in the past.

neoism

Finished a control quest.

Rewards are green 37 attack weapons.

giphy.gif

all of thm are a fucking joke.. smh even finishing up the long quest line you get a leg RL .. its level 27...

its not funny bungie...
smh...
at least it unlock cruiculbe weekies though..

KxoZz

Ohhhh okay. You were the only one weren't you? Because I was with Drizzay, Stable. Jigga, ZW33, and DJ for 14 1/2 hours and got to Oryx and had to go to bed. Hopefully I can get it done tonight.

We had 3 Bubblebros and 3 self-reslocks.
If enough Orbs were in mid for a full super charge-up, I would sometimes acivate radiance against ogres which give 5 Orbs i think. Good for the Titans but Orbs on top of the plattforms aren't optimal.

neoism

They expected people to do all those shaxx quests at super low levels.

Necessary evil to unlock weekly bounties for good...I hope.

I'm on the Elimination wins portion myself.

meh it should be based on your Llv and smart loot...lol

Top Bottom