• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT31| The Courted Oryx (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

First of all, welcome to DGaf!
So, matchmaking for raids has been asked for, for a long time, and the concensus here is that if they do it, it will be dumbed down to accommodate for for possible communication issues.
As for the strikes having no voice chat, you should pull up your ghost, and check the bottom right hand corner. You should see a D pad up or down arrows.
I believe down takes you to chat options.
This still doesn't mean the others will talk back, so be prepared for some silence.
To get groups going for raids and such, there are all sorts of group forming methods to use, like the100.io, or destinylfg.com, as well as posting here.
It really isn't has hard to get groups going as you may think, just needs to be the right time of day, or the right way of looking for a group.
Destinylfg will be your best bet of just joining up fairly quickly without much planning, and the100.io will be more for targeting a date and time to do your activity.

I have no idea what's up with some quests, they seem to have a few bugs it seems for now.
Welcome again.

Thanks!

Tecnniqe

Banned
CPTTB7oXAAAOXDV.jpg:large

Space magic Bungie

They expected people to do all those shaxx quests at super low levels.

Necessary evil to unlock weekly bounties for good...I hope.

I'm on the Elimination wins portion myself.

i picked it up when the expansion launched so i wasn't expecting it to be low level stuff.

cilonen

Hi GAF,

I am a destiny noob. I finished the main campaign solo and (I think) the two DLC.
I have a few questions :
- this is meant without snarkiness whatsoever - but why can't I engage in raids with matchmaking? I don't think I'll have the time/organization to organize 6 people raids with strangers. Similarly, why can't I speak to the people on my team (in strikes)?
Is there any chance / inkling that those things will change?
(I spent a long time trying to do Crota's end by myself with just the required level..)

- I never unlocked the urn quest in the Dark Below, though I think I did the rest to completion - with oddities; I did the will of crota quest and got the final reward, but never had to:
1.Defeat 25 Hive Knights and Wizards, then bring proof of their demise to Eris.
2. In Patrol, defeat the Heart of Crota in the Refinery, Hand of Crota in the Lunar Complex, and Eyes of Crota in the Terrestrial Complex.

Am I missing something about how to unlock it? SHould I just forget about it? (the reward seemed tempting..)

I think they streamlined a lot of the old stuff so It may have changed a little. You'll outgrow those gloves from that particular quest line within minutes of starting Taken King missions though :).

Taken King seems to have messed with the gear progression much more, we used to want legendaries as they were always better than blues, which isn't the case now in terms of pure defence. It now seems to be just use whatever has the highest base attack / defence light value until you find a legendary piece with perks that are good for what you want to do then infuse armour in to that to raise it's stats as you go.

As for raiding, I had the same freaks you did for the first six or so months of Destiny. It wasn't until a fair time after the Dark Below hit that I bit the bullet and asked to go on a newbie raid in the OT here and I got hooked. I think everyone geared is trying to beat it in their regular crews at the moment but give it a week or two and the knowledge will filter out once the intense focus to beat King's Fall is over and I imagine there will be frequent chances to dive in and raid with Destiny GAF.

cilonen

Getting to rank 3 is going to take a long time for people who hadn't worked on it in the past.

You can re play the HoW quest line from the abandoned quests kiosk to boost your rep IIRC.

I agree the bounties will take ages,

Edit, sorry didn't see your post too, Strider.

In both real time and game time.

Those bounties can take a while to do and aren't exactly fun either. I may never get the rifle because of this.

Strider

You can re play the HoW quest line from the abandoned quests kiosk to boost your rep IIRC.

I agree the bounties will take ages,.

I played through the HoW story line hoping that was my missing piece and that I'd get the exotic after I completed it.

Obviously I didn't get it but the storyline let me hit rank 1. 2 more ranks to go...

Ambitious

Goddammit, I misread the perk description of the Hereafter. I read it as "Magazine is refunded if all shots fired are precision hits". I thought it was supposed to be the new Black Hammer. But it's actually precision kills, not hits.

Lnkn52

So the raid is finally out, and people seem positive about it.

So review for this expansion is....
It's worth the $40.00. GG Bungie.

dodgeme

Had a good last few days grinding out some levels. Just got to light level 291 although its usually 290 as I like the one piece of gear more.

No doubles on exotic engrams either. Been using the five of coins on strike bosses since I needed to run strikes for engrams anyways.

After all of my engrams I ended up with 3 secondarys

The 4th Horseman
Invective
Hereafter (Arc Sniper)

Also for armor I got the

Obsidian Mind
The Impossible Machines
Claws of Ahamkara
Voidfang Vestiments

I also got my first piece of strike boss gear, I got the Treads Upon Stars Legendary Cabal Scout Rifle while running the Vanguard Playlist.

Now to find some people to run the raid with when I get some time next weekend.

sjay1994

They haven't said a word regarding it.

Deej did on reddit, they will let it slide for now, but the exotic drop rate from ToC will probably get nerfed soon

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/3ley68/how_to_use_three_of_coins/cv60yn9

Well, good morning, Reddit!

I was just conferring with the Design Team about how Three of Coins is performing in the wild. It is their assessment, and yours as well, given the context of the dialogue here, that the drop rates are too damn high. For now, this will play in your favor...

You earned those coins. Have fun spending them. The Nine may be delighted that you're blowing them all now.

As always, thanks for being an outstanding source of feedback and awareness. We like you just fine.

DeeJ, out.

LTWood12

So the raid is finally out, and people seem positive about it.

So review for this expansion is....
It's worth the $40.00. GG Bungie.

im sure people will keep bitching about them not catering to people that bought vanilla destiny used from GameStop.

Victrix

*beard*
I'm trying to get a few Calcified Fragments I'm missing from the raid, if you have a checkpoint right after Golgoroth, I'd appreciate a taxi. Just need a quick invite and you can bail out (or follow along for the two fragments :D)

PSN: Fuzzyfuzzybunny

Purdy

I've just got the taken King CE after not playing vanilla destiny, where do I get the new emotes etc?

Also since I'm pretty much brand new anyone around the lower levels want to party up? On EU psn=Purdy8TV

Bogeypop

286 okay? Think it's too low so I'll keep hunting

Not seeing anyone bite yet so let's start one.
King's Fall raid. As soon as we fill. Just be close to 290.

I'm 289, I'd love try it at any time. Doing stuff on Destiny now so hopefully I'll hit 290 before we fill up.

PSN: JxOxHxNxSxOxN

I'm 284 at the moment. Titan here. PSN SonComet. Hopefully that's high enough, if not I'll keep farming.

Any people around from yesterday's ragtag, last minute King's Fall group that got to Oryx? Zocano, Slammin_hammon, Jtripper, Soncomet? Really want to get Oryx down and further justify those 8 hours yesterday. I know ambitious went with another group and manged to get the kill.

Top Bottom