• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT31| The Courted Oryx (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

shermas

Does anyone know: any reason to run the heroic strikes, or does regular vanguard drop the same goodies?

I know we get the 30 marks after the first 3 heroic ones, but other than that....??

I want to spend tomorrow or Monday just grinding those strikes and I'd like to maximize my loot/engram chances.

dB Viper

Can someone explain to me how to get A Sword Reforged questline to trigger? I already gave Shaxx my 25 flakes, picked a sword, and it's at like 286 light and fully maxed.

Oddly enough, I transferred my sword over to my low level hunter to get it's light up for engrams. He has the questline.... but no sword since he hasn't even finished the campaign yet (nor collected any flakes).

Namikaze1

I hope you guys are up for helping me complete that part and Oryx tomorrow if you manage to beat it today. I really want to get it done before weekly reset.

sjay1994

I found Hawkian's gun
CPTagg7WoAAYupC.jpg:large

Hawksaw is god tier

Feels so good to shoot

Arsin

Sorry if this has been brought up a bunch in the thread already. From what I have read the Three of Coins is the best use of my SC from this Zur visit, is that correct? I can afford to get the helmet for my Titan, so would that be a better use of my coins or just get as many ToC that I can afford and roll the dice?

Has anyone gotten to the end of the Shaxx quests? I really don't want to do 4 wins in the daily with randoms and end up getting a blue engram at the end.

I hope you guys are up for helping me complete that part and Oryx tomorrow if you manage to beat it today. I really want to get it done before weekly reset.

Nami, have you tried running safe mode on your PS4? A couple of friends got booted out and couldn't get back. They finally tried safe mode and the console ran the database recovery. That solved their issues and they could log back in normally. Something got corrupted out of the blue while we were raiding.

Screwed us too because one of our team mates left thinking the other 2 wouldn't get back in time.

CREMSteve

Sorry if this has been brought up a bunch in the thread already. From what I have read the Three of Coins is the best use of my SC from this Zur visit, is that correct? I can afford to get the helmet for my Titan, so would that be a better use of my coins or just get as many ToC that I can afford and roll the dice?
The 3oC. By far.

sjay1994

If I am right, the exotic engrams will always decode something worth 290 light.

Xur only sells items with 280.

Only draw back with ToC is you can't guarnatee what engram you are going to get, and you can't be certain what class the gear engram will decode into

After refusing for a few days, I figured I may as well jump in on this exotic grinding before Bungie fixes it.

Just a few questions.

1) The Three of Coins. When you use one, does it basically stay in effect forever, until you kill a yellow bar and an exotic drops?

Let's say I equip one and that increases chances of an exotic dropping by 10%. Does that 10% stay in effect until I kill a yellow bar enemy and an exotic drops. Or does it eventually wear off, even if I never do get an exotic from that single three of coin?

I know they're stackable and I could (using the hypothetical numbers) just use 10 and guartentee myself a 100% chance at one. But that would be expensive, strange coins wise.

2) Is there a consistent source for strange coins? Used to be a weekly mission would award you a certain amount based on difficulty. Now it seems they're just randomly awarded for missions, strikes, and engrams. Is that the only way now? Or is there a mission/weekly that guarentees a certain number of them each week?

Thanks

Juraash

Can someone explain to me how to get A Sword Reforged questline to trigger? I already gave Shaxx my 25 flakes, picked a sword, and it's at like 286 light and fully maxed.

Oddly enough, I transferred my sword over to my low level hunter to get it's light up for engrams. He has the questline.... but no sword since he hasn't even finished the campaign yet (nor collected any flakes).

Have you tried talking to him again? The requirements, as far as I know, are to have it upgraded all the way and infused to 280+ which you've done. Once I did that I just went and talked to him, I don't recall actually seeing a marker over his head.

This game feels weird to play it so casually. . not even close to 290 on one character yet. Trying to knock out most quests and get the sword today. Hopefully maybe nightfall tomorrow.

Mindlog

I got boots!
Little put off about getting stuck in the raid at
Golgoroth
, but had a decent Saturday. My Titan cashed in all the engrams my Hunter was holding and went from 190 to 289. He hadn't even unlocked the dreadnaught patrol Lol some CoO and he's 292. Its incredibly difficult keeping up with the OT right, I give up.
I hated that encounter originally.
Now I've changed my mind.

It's really well done. It seems like he's a (potential vague description of raid encounter)
bullet sponge
, but it's actually meant to test your team.

More in depth description of raid encounter. Avoid at all costs.
I switched to gaze duty. It takes a while to get the pacing of everything if you aren't paying attention. Little stuff like not helping the team kill spheres will hurt you. Not properly running away or destroying the poison seekers can hurt the team. Then once you have everything down you can start adding flourishes like having the second to last gaze juggler jump into the pit to help with DPS.

The encounter is one of those rare cases where something can overcome a very bad first impression. I really like what they did there.

Wonder if instead of noobie raid it wouldn't be a bad idea to run noobie encounters tackling one section at a time as in-depth as possible.
Sort of bullshit that Hunters only have one exotic now. The fuk.
If any Hunter gets Bones of Eao they should hug them and hold them dear. Do not shard.

Definity

I finally have time to sit down and finish at least the second boss. Anyone want to start at the 2nd boss in the raid again? Jafku? Cloud? Anyone?

SkylineRKR

About the ToC method, 95% turned into stuff for my own class. And they're all 290.

Anyway I love the Suros guns in this. Even the green AR is nice to shoot with. I now have a blue rocket launcher which is obviously based on Dragon's Breath but has this futuristic Suros look over it, nice visor too.

Also looked at my Vault. Is there any reason to keep my Y1 exotics I found Y2 versions of? I have these horseman and hawkmoon but I can't infuse them and probably never use them again. Saw the rates and lol'd a bit. I mean, we went through this bullshit Xur upgraded with complete resets and then the Etheric light grind, for like 20 attack increase? lel.

I also did Lost and Found. Done with everything from the Vanguards, Variks, Petra and Eris (except the two "Kill Oryx" ones).

Still no Boolean.

Same here, still waiting.

I doubt I'll be able to get a succesful raid done this week. It's tough getting a good group together on Xbone, even with all the people I know. Most just aren't at the appropriate light level yet.

Mupod

is it just me being typically unlucky or do ALL the new maps have horrible shitty spawning issues? I just died 3 times in a row on Memento with absolutely no way I could have prevented any of it. Just instant spawn dead.

R0ckman

Loot drop
is RNG just like previous raids. Some of my team got things. I got nothing for armor or legendary weapons, did get an exotic engram but that's probably because I used some Three of Coins during the raid.

Are they purposely not fixing this? Its the vault of glass all over again. What they should do is grant a buff that gets stronger the more you get no armor or loot drops in the raid, then when you beat Oryx it looks at the buff and stacks drops at the end. It really makes you feel like you wasted your time otherwise.

neoism

fuuuuuuuuuuuuckkk yessssssss!!!!!

I just got the ZHALO from a legendary engram....

xH5gwbi.png

no more engram farming for me...

yeeeeesssssssssssssssssssss

LTWood12

Has anyone spent the marks on the strangers rifle to take it to 170. Wondering if it procs a quest.

Also, that stag helmet gives me the fucking creeps.

GRIP

Decided to try one last time for the supercell. Spent a ton of mats to get enough strange coins to buy 40 3oC. After the third kill a primary exotic engram drops. Didn't want to wait for an hour while I burned through the rest of my 3oC so I decided to head back to the tower, expecting to be disappointed. One and done! I can't believe that the first engram to drop actually got me the weapon I was looking for.

Also got a really nice Dead Orbit scout rifle from ranking up. Hung Jury SR4. I'm not sure if it's a vendor weapon (didn't look), but the thing is a beast and has a really cool and unique feel when shooting.

Any one willing to help with a quest? Just need help with Fear's Embrace. I can't seem to keep everything managed on this one. Just need to get through it before I go crazy.

PSN: geneticfoil

traveler

Not Wario
Happy with our progress. At Oryx now and have a decent idea of what's going on I think. We'll resume tomorrow to wreck him, hopefully.

Are they purposely not fixing this? Its the vault of glass all over again. What they should do is grant a buff that gets stronger the more you get no armor or loot drops in the raid, then when you beat Oryx it looks at the buff and stacks drops at the end. It really makes you feel like you wasted your time otherwise.

That's basically what the shards that get dropped/Eris sells are.

Next part of the sword quest I have to
collect rare materials? ugh

Use the mat tracking for the relevant mat on gear now.

Top Bottom