• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT31| The Courted Oryx (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

Raybunny

This is how we defeated Golgoroth lol.
The last clutch shot that got the kill was made in complete darkness and we don't know who took that final shot :p

It would have been a near perfect run but then we had a slight slip up so that ended up in losing the rhythm but we salvaged it just in time hah.

Video of this coming up from my perspective and Ray's perspective tomorrow.

4PH7nZV.jpg

Clutch moment there. That grimoire pop up was a bless.

Mindlog

I think its finally time to clear out my vault. Ive already deleted all the iron banner and poe gear but there's still so much shit in there!

Has anyone just gone in and been brutal with deleting items?

Ill keep all raid gear but i should be safe deleting all year 1 gear right?
Still holding onto some weapons for dumb reasons.
Try not to dismantle all your weapons though. Some quests ask you to dismantly rare or legendary weapons to complete steps like the old Pocket Infinity bounty.

LkPr

I'm also thinking of doing this. As far as I know there's no reason for the year one crap. I'm at 280 light so...anybody know if it's safe to do this?

I've seen a lot of people here say it's very good/fun.

One reason to keep old gear is the arms dealer gives u a quest to dismantle so many of a certain weapon. Dismantling year 1 weps counts.

Karl2177

So the Skyburner's Annex on a Nightstalker is incredibly good. You can set it up so you generate about 16-ish orbs per shot. Use the longer reaching super node(Black Hole), an HMG, and the tethered kills create orbs perk(Light of the Pack). Shoot your super at a cluster of enemies and kill them with the HMG. The HMG kills generate orbs about 75% of the time, plus killing the enemies gives additional orbs.

Bogeypop

Trickster: if you're reading and still have the checkpoint I'm totally down to do this with you!!

Take me too! That's half the people from my Raid group from yesterday that completed Oryx with a different team. Even the teams I subbed for have completed it... At this rate I won't get to finish him before reset. :( Wish I had connections so I could get in Raid groups more easily instead of just waiting for someone to have a spot

Is it worth it to do the earlier content before doing TTK?

I think so.

The new quest system actually makes it so that there's a somewhat coherent story. I mean the level design will be pretty meh for the first 2 hours or so, but once the questlines start branching off into the previous dlc's it gets better and better.

Then TTK comes and blows everything else out of the water.

It'll be fun to see that progression

After refusing for a few days, I figured I may as well jump in on this exotic grinding before Bungie fixes it.

Just a few questions.

1) The Three of Coins. When you use one, does it basically stay in effect forever, until you kill a yellow bar and an exotic drops?

Let's say I equip one and that increases chances of an exotic dropping by 10%. Does that 10% stay in effect until I kill a yellow bar enemy and an exotic drops. Or does it eventually wear off, even if I never do get an exotic from that single three of coin?

I know they're stackable and I could (using the hypothetical numbers) just use 10 and guartentee myself a 100% chance at one. But that would be expensive, strange coins wise.

2) Is there a consistent source for strange coins? Used to be a weekly mission would award you a certain amount based on difficulty. Now it seems they're just randomly awarded for missions, strikes, and engrams. Is that the only way now? Or is there a mission/weekly that guarentees a certain number of them each week?

...lol, I guess I'm not the only one a little confused by how these coins work.

Any anecdotal input would be great too.

TacticalFailure

Neo Member
Telesto is a disappointment for me. Fusion Rifles need a buff in PVE. They're still outclassed by post-nerf shotguns.
I can't wait to give it a shot either way, being away for the launch has intensified the hype to play! Only a few more days until I can get my hands on the expansion

I leveled the Cryptarch Rep from 10 to 11 today on my one character but got no package from Cryptarch or the Post.

Are packages no longer guaranteed on that one?

Shito

Soloed the daily while testing the zhalo: this thing's truly a beast.
Those packs of taken psions are now such a joy to encounter...

Kssio_Aug

Allright! Did some bounties and then a Live friend joined up and helped me doing some history and DLC missions! Almost level 23 with my hunter! Soon I'll be playing The Taken King! =D

JTripper

Congrats to the guys who beat Oryx!

If anyone wants to try beating him tonight, I'm totally down and have the checkpoint too. I reached light 295 as well so I'm super ready to beat his ass.

Juraash

I leveled the Cryptarch Rep from 10 to 11 today on my one character but got no package from Cryptarch or the Post.

Are packages no longer guaranteed on that one?

As far as I know they still are a for sure. Never have I not got one and I've leveled him probably 6-7 times since the expansion. Did you maybe spam through the package and pick it up by mistake?

I just got destiny and I was wondering if I should use the spark of light on my first character or should I just play through the game normally? How would using the spark of light effect the game for me?

darknil

I just got destiny and I was wondering if I should use the spark of light on my first character or should I just play through the game normally? How would using the spark of light effect the game for me?

I'd use the spark of light for a second character, that way you can naturally progress thru all the content since there are no more barriers of armor.

neoism

only if you for sure will make an alt.. otherwise yeah just go though the whole game normally.. its really a cheat item to just get to ttk content quicker...

Mupod

there is a level 6 guy following me around the tower for the past 15 minutes sending me messages like 'LOVE' and 'LOVE2'

help

Top Bottom