• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT31| The Courted Oryx (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

Example: your legendary is 280, you have blue 285 and blue 290. You end up with higher light if you fuse the 285 and then the 290 rather than the 290 straight away.

Right. I knew that much and thought it seemed obvious after using the system a bit, but I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something.

Well, I just took 15 stabs at Scourge of Winter farming.

Got 3 exotics:
The Last Word Year 2
Obsidian Mind healm (no thanks)
Alchemists Raiment (YES PLEASE)

As far as I know they still are a for sure. Never have I not got one and I've leveled him probably 6-7 times since the expansion. Did you maybe spam through the package and pick it up by mistake?
Nope, did not spam through. I was holding back engrams to shift to other characters for leveling and clicking one at a time until it rolled over to next level.

Guess I will see if something appears later...

rc213

RNGesus on Heroic Strikes can eat a duck, RNGesus on Dead Orbit rank up packages can get A big fat kiss.

Bittersteel on first DO package, Hanged Man on 3rd.

Anyone looking to do Heroic Strikes Playlist or CoO 2/3?

Magik

ranking of the Raid boss fights IMO:

1. Gate Relay. It's not technically a boss, but it's a very well designed encounter that takes the bridge from Crota's End and turns it on its head. The scenery is great and it lets people play in the encounters comfortably. Like, I wasn't defined by my class or weapon choice here.
2. War Priest. The layout of the room is good, if not slightly cramped, and the glyph mechanic is a neat concept. You can also play comfortably here but still have to stay focused. My favorite thing to do was sword the knights.
3. Golgoroth. I admit I did not like this boss at first because he is basically a bullet sponge set in a cramped dungeon, but the mechanics are unique and manageable and the boss is a major presence on the level.
4. Daughters. It's a bit like Gatekeepers, but with a lot less going on. I like that we can choose who does what and fighting the adds with the Sword is fun, but it's too easy.
5. Oryx. HE'S SO FUCKING BIG AND IT'S AWESOME!...but there's too much shit happening and it just becomes a DPS fight at that point. Not as fun as Atheon or Crota. I'll say though that I like being able to jump on the platforms this time around.

Basically, everything up to the War Priest was god tier and then after that the Raid went downhill.

I'm not going to count the puzzles in the beginning because they weren't really combat oriented, but they were all fun as hell.

Agreed on all counts.

The lead up to the Warpriest and the fight itself was fantastic. Its just after that you can tell the direction of the Raid design went in another direction.

Still a great raid though.

1. Gate Relay. It's not technically a boss, but it's a very well designed encounter that takes the bridge from Crota's End and turns it on its head. The scenery is great and it lets people play in the encounters comfortably. Like, I wasn't defined by my class or weapon choice here.
2. War Priest. The layout of the room is good, if not slightly cramped, and the glyph mechanic is a neat concept. You can also play comfortably here but still have to stay focused. My favorite thing to do was sword the knights.
3. Golgoroth. I admit I did not like this boss at first because he is basically a bullet sponge set in a cramped dungeon, but the mechanics are unique and manageable and the boss is a major presence on the level.
4. Daughters. It's a bit like Gatekeepers, but with a lot less going on. I like that we can choose who does what and fighting the adds with the Sword is fun, but it's too easy.
5. Oryx. HE'S SO FUCKING BIG AND IT'S AWESOME!...but there's too much shit happening and it just becomes a DPS fight at that point. Not as fun as Atheon or Crota. I'll say though that I like being able to jump on the platforms this time around.

Basically, everything up to the War Priest was god tier and then after that the Raid went downhill.

I'm not going to count the puzzles in the beginning because they weren't really combat oriented, but they were all fun as hell.

Agree 100%

coy

found the court of oryx, playing with a bunch of randoms I found there, have no idea what's going on
That was me an hour ago. I helped their group out then they helped me with one. Did a few solo then read up about the different runes. I think I know what's going on now. I think.

skip

That was me an hour ago. I helped their group out then they helped me with one. Did a few solo then read up about the different runes. I think I know what's going on now. I think.

chests keep getting unlocked, not sure where?

We f-ing did it.

image.png

So Bungie is pretty good for puzzles but bad at boss designs?

BraXzy

I'm actually 299 with all my good gear on. But yeah, he got a primary, special, and heavy raid guns.

Damn. I got some arms, and then two of the same hand cannon :L

I swear Bungie are playing with me.

Earlier on I got four primary exotics, what did they turn into? Four hand cannons. I don't like hand cannons.

Do the raid and get raid weapons, what do I get? A hand cannon, twice xD

I suppose I need to get into hand cannons, I always feel like I run out of ammo too quick with em though. Anyone who uses them a lot got any tips?

skip

If you start it by using a rune at the statue closest to the platform, it'll be for you. Can still get engrams when others start the encounter.

ahhh I got it now, they let me present the rune and then I got some engrams. thanks!

darknil

So I had to travel on tuesday because of family problems and haven't picked up TTK. I'm very hyped to boot up my PS4 tomorrow and have a blast all there is, even my regular group is now all 40 and working on their light level.

Now that you guys have played all this week what should be my checklist? I was thinking based on what I've seen on the sides:

- Complete the Veteran's tour quest
- Advance story until I get the new subclass
- Claim my stored bounties
- I was able to ask a friend to login and got some ToC, so I think I should farm whatever coins I have.
- Continue with the story
- ???
- Raid

Any suggestions? I have a warlock and a hunter on 34 waiting for my return.

Nirran

Go back to hunt draksis some more and first kill gives a exotic primary. Ended up being a supercell! Got a supercell and telesto now from this dude.

Out 1

Down to 8%, up to 17%, down to 9%. This fucking quest.

Completed it in 4 games (2 rift, 2 control) basically doing this: wait until you are on a 4 kill streak (or a heavy round, or a super) and only then equip TLW. Got 50% from one game after getting something like 15 kills streak. Only had 5-7 TLW kills in total over those games.

edit: and equip TLW only on maps that you know very well.

So Bungie is pretty good for puzzles but bad at boss designs?

Eh, the only fight that isn't salvageable is
Oryx
IMO. All of the other bosses could be much better if they had more opportunities for different strategies, but he has no room for that. That's how it was in the VoG and that's what made those encounters so good IMO

Trickster

Need two, possibly three more for the final King's Fall Raid boss!

Gonna bump this post since I really want to get Oryx down asap.

Anyone else who's at Oryx without a raid team and also want to kill him, or have already killed him and are willing to help?

So far we're

1 Me
2 JTripper
3 Bogeypop

Top Bottom