• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT31| The Courted Oryx (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

Trickster

Trickster: if you're reading and still have the checkpoint I'm totally down to do this with you!!

Aight that'd be great. Really don't want to miss out on him after the hours spend on him last night + time I spend today trying to get gear to hopefully better handle the encounter

only if you for sure will make an alt.. otherwise yeah just go though the whole game normally.. its really a cheat item to just get to ttk content quicker...

I'd use the spark of light for a second character, that way you can naturally progress thru all the content since there are no more barriers of armor.

Alright, thanks. I'll save it for my second character.

I accidentally picked it up with my character but didn't use it and I can't find a way to put it in the vault. Do I have to use it with this character now?

Edit: Nevermind I figured out how to put it in the vault.

neoism

Alright, thanks. I'll save it for my second character.

I accidentally picked it up with my character but didn't use it and I can't find a way to put it in the vault. Do I have to use it with this character now?

nah just go to vault and then go to your inventory and press x on it just make sure your in you vault menu first.. mine is in my vault now...

BraXzy

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!

OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!

ORYX SUCK ON THOSE MELONS!
We got super close a few times, had the strategy down but tiny slip ups here and there messed it up.

I was the runner up top and managed to get it down, on the last run my hands were shaking on the final go, so much pressure.

It was a super sloppy run too but we beat it!

Shito

Ok, zhalo is the real thing.
This gun is a beast and a joy to use.
And this is coming from someone who despises any auto-rifle that is not the Suros pre-patch...

Do everything you can to get your hands on one.

Probably already talked about but there's a code going around to enter on Bungies site to get yourself a small reward.

A pirate code
enter ARRRRRRRR to get 3 strange coins

also TTK collectors edition emblem: 3VFLGCRLX

If I don't need that in spoilers I'll remove the tags. I just didn't want to ruin anything if anyone was trying to figure it out.

oSoLucky

Looking for two for a fresh semi-blind raid. We want to go in clean, but also will be looking up strats after a couple of wipes to avoid wasting too much time. Send me a PSN message - KC_Darkness. Also, 290+ please.

coy

Looking for two for a fresh semi-blind raid. We want to go in clean, but also will be looking up strats after a couple of wipes to avoid wasting too much time. Send me a PSN message - KC_Darkness. Also, 290+ please.
I haven't tried it yet and got myself to 290+ today.
PSN: coyquettish

Shito

What's the best way to kill three cursed thrall without dying for the bounty?
I have this one as well.
Be wary that apparently you need to do it on the dreadnaught: tried it on the cosmodrome and it never gave me credit for any.
Haven't searched for them on the dreadnaught yet, if you happen to stumble upon any, be sure to tell me where. :D

Oh wow Draksis just dropped 2 exotics on one death.

Edit: don't do it at below!! Drunk purchases are never smart. Think it over when you're sober

Ravager61

Holy shit the Paradox mission in the
Vault of Glass
is impossibly hard at the recommended light of 190 solo. I spend like 2.5 hours on it but I FINALLY beat it after around 30 deaths. Those fuckers that shoot those darkness orbs can die in a fire.

Biggy

We're at the final boss. I wouldn't mind doing the other bosses with you tomorrow if you tag along for Oryx today :D
Oh alright, good luck guys!
Edit: Only managed to get to the second boss yesterday. Don't want to jump ahead to the final boss.

Jabronium

First time logging in to really do anything in a couple months. Bought 7 helm engrams from Xur...5 St 14's (and 1 Knucklehead Radar, 1 Skyburner's Annex). Ah, the welcome back I expected.

bitsurugi

Oryx went on a one-way only trip to Saturn once more today!!

This one was a really super fast & smooth learning run (think it was less then one hour, insane!), kudos to you guys, you did excelent! ^^

ranking of the Raid boss fights IMO:

1. Gate Relay. It's not technically a boss, but it's a very well designed encounter that takes the bridge from Crota's End and turns it on its head. The scenery is great and it lets people play in the encounters comfortably. Like, I wasn't defined by my class or weapon choice here.
2. War Priest. The layout of the room is good, if not slightly cramped, and the glyph mechanic is a neat concept. You can also play comfortably here but still have to stay focused. My favorite thing to do was sword the knights.
3. Golgoroth. I admit I did not like this boss at first because he is basically a bullet sponge set in a cramped dungeon, but the mechanics are unique and manageable and the boss is a major presence on the level.
4. Daughters. It's a bit like Gatekeepers, but with a lot less going on. I like that we can choose who does what and fighting the adds with the Sword is fun, but it's too easy.
5. Oryx. HE'S SO FUCKING BIG AND IT'S AWESOME!...but there's too much shit happening and it just becomes a DPS fight at that point. Not as fun as Atheon or Crota. I'll say though that I like being able to jump on the platforms this time around.

Basically, everything up to the War Priest was god tier and then after that the Raid went downhill.

I'm not going to count the puzzles in the beginning because they weren't really combat oriented, but they were all fun as hell.

Top Bottom