• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT31| The Courted Oryx (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Congrats to all of our latest Kingslayers.

Love this phase, it's so fun.

Also we're a quarter plus of the way to OT32. loool

congrats guys!! hahahahaha
5 hours and 2 raid groups. But the 2nd group (shown in the picture) were way better. But man, these people had some patience. No matter how tense, they just kept pushing and kept encouraging. No one was happy until we landed that final blow. Hell, they were even patient with me when I fucked up by panicking and slipping off the plate on that final round, and we would have had it and hour earlier had I not slipped off.

But we kept at it, kept at it, and kept at it, and just made sure that no matter what mistake we didnt get at each other throat (since we knew damn well we wouldnt find another group that knew EXACTLY what to do).

Damn. I got some arms, and then two of the same hand cannon :L
I got the hand cannon, chest, and rocket launcher.

HC is.. eh... My only issue is the hella slow reload. Still think the FB is better.

I only like the rocket launcher cause its the only Y2 I have with tracking so far, radius is on point, only issue is the low velocity. Even with javelin, its only like 55-60%.

ocean

Banned
Eris had a new quest looked like a weapon frame leading to an exotic or something

Turn in 50 fucking hadium flakes - we actually went an opened 50 chests

Got an antiquated rune

Eris that's a mean tease :(

Edit: nvm seems it is a quest that keeps going but requires more calcified things for the next step to show up

Kalamari

Completed it in 4 games (2 rift, 2 control) basically doing this: wait until you are on a 4 kill streak (or a heavy round, or a super) and only then equip TLW. Got 50% from one game after getting something like 15 kills streak. Only had 5-7 TLW kills in total over those games.

edit: and equip TLW only on maps that you know very well.

Just tried this method, works pretty well. Up to 25%.

Spent the last of my strange coins on a stack of ToC and scored a couple more engrams. Really thought it'd be done by now.

Anyone pick up Hung Jury from Dead Orbit? This thing is fucking beautiful. Has triple tap, firefly and extended mag taking it up to 20 rounds a clip. Also it's in the higher tier of impact for scout rifles and has the added benefit of sounding like you're skeeting at your enemies.

I heartily recommend.

Shito

wqkNedo.jpg

Busy day at the cryptarch, he probably doesn't like Draksis much now...

Mindlog

What is everyone's strat for
Shrek's big badass brother from another mother?
Start the encounter by shooting the goop.

Everyone should be up top somwhere safe so you can kill all the adds. Stormcallers are outstanding for taking out the Acolyte add groups. When all the adds are dead prepare to begin the next phase.

Two people need to manage the Gaze back and forth. Gaze Jugglers. They should be at opposite corners of the arena.

The other 4 are on DPS duty. One person with a hand cannon to take out Thralls is very effective.

The DPS team should start in the corner where the initial Gaze Juggler will start. The other Juggler should shoot Gorgy lightly to draw his attention and make it easier for them. Your Juggler should time his shots so he draws the gaze at the same moment DPS bursts one of the sacs.

When the sac is destroyed and gaze drawn DPS team goes to work. Drop down in the pit and stay down there doing damage until all 6 sacs are done. It's OK to have one person primarily focused on Thralls.

With 5 seconds left on Gaze the other Juggler should do their thing and take the gaze. Once cleared of orbs the Idle Juggler should always be chipping down the next sac so it can be destroyed exactly as the Gaze is transferred. After the 6th gaze pass the idle juggler can jump down to assist the DPS team. When the gaze is about to expire everybody report back to position 1. Clear adds and start anew.

Taken do not spawn the same way so be prepared to start those phases more quickly.

Stormcallers can easily clear taken during the second half of the fight. Taken are probably less dangerous than thralls with proper orb generation and supers.
I may have missed an important detail or two, but that's the gist.
I really like the encounter.

todd360

These public event quests are the worst. No one is ever around to help. Soloing them is tough. Plus there's so many quests that want you to do this. I was soloing taken champion on Mars and he leaves 3 seconds before I was about to finish him off. Then the only other guy on Mars walked down about 15 seconds after he disappeared. I

These public event quests are the worst. No one is ever around to help. Soloing them is tough. Plus there's so many quests that want you to do this. I was soloing taken champion on Mars and he leaves 3 seconds before I was about to finish him off. Then the only other guy on Mars walked down about 15 seconds after he disappeared. I
I'll join you for the Mars in a bit. Need to do that one too. Soloing it is a pain in the ass.

todd360

Spent the last of my strange coins on a stack of ToC and scored a couple more engrams. Really thought it'd be done by now.

Anyone pick up Hung Jury from Dead Orbit? This thing is fucking beautiful. Has triple tap, firefly and extended mag taking it up to 20 rounds a clip. Also it's in the higher tier of impact for scout rifles and has the added benefit of sounding like you're skeeting at your enemies.

I heartily recommend.

I will have enough marks to get a gun tomorrow. I'm having a hard time deciding. I was thinking about the gun your talking about or maybe the crucible Suros pulse rifle. I'm not a big fan of pulse rifles, but I hear that one is cool. I was thinking about the crucible hand cannon as well. I wonder if it's decent.

Mindlog

Where exactly is the chest after ?
There are three pushers at the first platform you step on to build the path. Staying on that level move back to the are between the first two pushers. Look across and you will see a small ledge on the giant strut leading to the other side of the ship. Jump there. Pull out your ghost and follow the hidden bridges. The hole is above you.

Tovarisc

Where exactly is the chest after Golgoroth?

When doing 2nd jumping puzzle at side of that huge.. wall? with piston, keep popping Ghost out and checking for invisible platforms over nothingness. Then figure route out and check for hole in the wall.

edit: beaten

Dalek

I can't get this "stirok banner of oryx" to spawn. I'm the only one in rocketyards and I can't seem to get to the lieutenants in time before the Taken leave.

Deku Tree

We have room for one in th court of oryx.
Looking to do a tier 3 if enough people.
But you need to join my party chat. Trying to set up a second fire team.

PS4 DekuBleep

Edit: nvm we failed at that...

Yea this
Oryx
fight is terrible. Basically if your weapons are empty the phase is a guaranteed wipe.

DPS boss are not good bosses.

Question - I'm in dire need of weapon parts. If I dismantle Y1 exotic, I can just re-buy them? I don't know if theres a point in keeping any of them.

GhaleonEB

So far have had large parts of the Oryx fight, the names of several bosses / checkpoints, and a handful of raid mechanics spoiled in this thread. Seriously people, if you are talking about the raid please spoiler tag your post.

I have to moderate the thread, so I don't want to bail, but I'm also getting way more spoilers than I'd like. :(

JTripper

Gonna bump this post since I really want to get Oryx down asap.

Anyone else who's at Oryx without a raid team and also want to kill him, or have already killed him and are willing to help?

So far we're

1 Me
2 JTripper
3 Bogeypop

Oh man, 3 more and we're good to go.

Top Bottom