• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT31| The Courted Oryx (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

Mupod

I'm sitting here waiting for this chucklefuck Taken boss at Skywatch and at the EXACT SAME TIME the following things happen:

Urzok the Hated
Warsat defense
Enemies moving against each other
Taken invasion

The Taken ended up getting lost in the confusion or something, I don't know. I could only find one lieutenant in the sea of nonsense. Why do they not at least stagger this stuff?

Trickster

Oh man, 3 more and we're good to go.

Think bogey joined a raid group that was already raiding. So I think we're down to 2, and no one seems to be interested atm, so yeah :/

At least I can take comfort in the fact I just got a zhalo supercell..would prefeer having the raid complete though

skip

hunting for the Taken Champion in the Rocketyard if anyone wants to join, PSN: Okonoko

I declare him to be the hardest/most annoying one to complete!

JTripper

Think bogey joined a raid group that was already raiding. So I think we're down to 2, and no one seems to be interested atm, so yeah :/

At least I can take comfort in the fact I just got a zhalo supercell..would prefeer having the raid complete though

Congrats on the Zhalo, I got one yesterday and it's a really nice gun.

I'll probably be asleep in about two hours if no one ends up joining or inviting me to a raid group but I'll be around tomorrow afternoon and Monday to try Oryx.

Bungie needs to make some changes to PvP. Right now it feels so stagnant and boring. Maybe if I had weekly bounties unlocked to work on it would help, but I still feel like something is off.

My team is stuck at the sisters, we keep going onto the platform but when the shadow guy arrives at the relic he can't pick it up. So does he pick it up and slam funk the sister?

todd360

So far have had large parts of the Oryx fight, the names of several bosses / checkpoints, and a handful of raid mechanics spoiled in this thread. Seriously people, if you are talking about the raid please spoiler tag your post.

I have to moderate the thread, so I don't want to bail, but I'm also getting way more spoilers than I'd like. :(

I'm kinda surprised by all the untagged stuff. Thought destinygaf would be better about tagging stuff than this.

Edit: there is a spoiler right above my post. C'mon guys.

Frostburn

My team is stuck at the
sisters, we keep going onto the platform but when the shadow guy arrives at the relic he can't pick it up. So does he pick it up and slam funk the sister?

You need to jump on the platforms in counter-clockwise order then once you pick up the orb get that person to the sister not casting and steal the shield, everyone bunch up in the shield and DPS that sister without the shield down. Rinse and repeat

maomaoIYP

Bungie needs to make some changes to PvP. Right now it feels so stagnant and boring. Maybe if I had weekly bounties unlocked to work on it would help, but I still feel like something is off.

Something feels off because the quest to unlock the weekly bounties is neither fun nor rewarding. It's fucking shit tonnes of work for practically no reward.

Something feels off because the quest to unlock the weekly bounties is neither fun nor rewarding. It's fucking shit tonnes of work for practically no reward.

I died a little when some of the rewards are 200 and 220 light after the main campaign.

The random chest are fun but not rewarding if you are already at 280 light

Mupod

uh is Stirok (Rocketyard) not supposed to be soloable? I couldn't even get close and so far I've never had any trouble soloing any of the other Taken events.

skip

uh is Stirok not supposed to be soloable? I couldn't even get close and so far I've never had any trouble soloing any of the other Taken events.

closest I've gotten him solo was about ~20% before time ran out

I need to get him, mind if I join your fireteam?

adin75

Spent the last of my strange coins on a stack of ToC and scored a couple more engrams. Really thought it'd be done by now.

Anyone pick up Hung Jury from Dead Orbit? This thing is fucking beautiful. Has triple tap, firefly and extended mag taking it up to 20 rounds a clip. Also it's in the higher tier of impact for scout rifles and has the added benefit of sounding like you're skeeting at your enemies.

I heartily recommend.

I have been very tempted, but am trying to hold out to see how the Scout I have coming on Armsday rolls first.

Or, I could just buy it anyway :p

Just an offer if anyone hasn't picked up Destiny yet and has a Vanilla copy. I have the code for all the DLC, Taken King and collectors edition goodies and Suros Pre-Order goodies I'm willing to sell to a gaffer for $50. Let me know

Just two make sure if I have year two versions of exotics, I can go ahead and dismantle year 1 for the shards?

And speaking of shards, they're useless now aren't they?

What the fuck? So I do the Heroic strike and 1 person leaves at the start of the boss. Then we try it once with the two of us but it's too damn hard and the other guy bails. So now I have to just exit and start my streak over?

That's garbage. They need to change it so if the other players leave it won't end your streak. Either that or fucking replace the people that leave. How god damn hard is that? I know other games do it.

God dammit this is the first time I've been really really pissed with this game. It needs fixed. That was a lot of time wasted.

It's not.

Bring back Handcannons Bungie.

Yeah. Pulse rifles outclassing everything is awful. They are so boring to use. Handcannons are completely gimped.

It's definitely the weapons man, wait until we get our new top tier stuff

That might help, but I don't know how much will change aside from a couple exotics as I already have a decent amount of legendary gear.

Also a related note. I don't like Omolon handcannons, they are bad.

Yeah. Pulse rifles outclassing everything is awful. They are so boring to use. Handcannons are completely gimped.

That might help, but I don't know how much will change aside from a couple exotics as I already have a decent amount of legendary gear.

Also a related note. I don't like Omolon handcannons, they are bad.
I miss mah handcannons, only weapon I enjoy using....

Meh...the grind to 290 is painful. Anyone know how light levels are determine yet? Think this was posted but I added up all my gear and divided by 10. Came up to 286 which is my light level. Give or take since weapons contribute more...so yeah?

Top Bottom