• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT31| The Courted Oryx (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

Baliis

I'm surprised people aren't having fun in crucible, so much better without thorn everywhere. Shotguns are still bogus though.

Oh, and rewards do kinda suck. Haven't seen a drop above like 270 yet and I'm 290+

It's not.

Bring back Handcannons Bungie.

I agree with this from the little I used of one in year 2. Hand Cannons were awesome year 1, and I finally got Hawkmoon the other day and was excited until I used it. Lame. I didn't level it up which might go a long way to help it so maybe that was the issue but it felt so bad to use. I used The Last Word all the time in year one and it kicked some ass.

X-Frame

I haven't liked any Omolon gun tried except for that fusion the gunsmith had us test. I've yet to use one of their scouts.

This one is my favorite gun in TTK so far because of the looks, the sound, and my particular roll:

heyWcP7h.jpg

maomaoIYP

I died a little when some of the rewards are 200 and 220 light after the main campaign.

The random chest are fun but not rewarding if you are already at 280 light
I wanted to stop playing and cry a little because the reward from the first phase of shaxx's quest had 57 light. I think Bungie intended players to unlock PvP weeklies after weeks from play, from level 1.

Baliis

I agree with this from the little I used of one in year 2. Hand Cannons were awesome year 1, and I finally got Hawkmoon the other day and was excited until I used it. Lame. I didn't level it up which might go a long way to help it so maybe that was the issue but it felt so bad to use. I used The Last Word all the time in year one and it kicked some ass.

Hawkmoon is still pretty good, someone was wrecking me the other day with out. Outshot my scout rifle like crazy.

Omolon Scouts are meh, their Hand Cannons are meh, their Snipers are meh.

Omolon is just... meh.

I have the Dead Orbit Hung Jury SR4 and it's been pretty alright. It has Replenish which I think is shit and it also has Firefly and the new surrounded perk (bounus damage when three or more enemies are close together).

It's my highest level weapon at 297, so I love it. The only omolon hand cannon I've used, I don't like it. It's the Vangaurd down and doubt. It has firefly and third eye but I just don't like the way it handles.

Zocano

They're gonna be stuck balancing around hand-cannons for the rest of Destiny

My only problem with crucible is that shotguns are still broken as fuck. Nothing to stop them.

Carbonox

On the final section of the Raid. Unbelievable stuff up to that point. Definitely the best raid of the bunch and very challenging. Got the arms and heavy machine gun from it so far.

Could really do with a fucking 300 Ghost/Legs/Cape for my Hunter. Everything else is high 290's or past the 300 mark but those 3 are dangling around 280/285. Do you get a high level Cape or Ghost at least from Quests?

#FirstWorldDestinyProblems

Kalamari

The only thing about switching weapons until you have a streak going, is that you aren't as familiar with tlw when you switch to it. When you really need a kill, you gotta be good with it, or you lose %.

maomaoIYP

Yeah. Pulse rifles outclassing everything is awful.
Honestly though, so far every year 2 pulse rifle I've come across is underwhelming for PvP. Even the mid damage tier Suros, stability isn't fantastic and recoil pattern is a little wild. I'm still using a hopscotch in crucible. I ordered three pulse rifles for armsday, I hope I get a good roll with the two high damage tier Hakke PRs.

If I infuse a Legendary and it ends up the same attack (or higher) than an exotic it then becomes just as good or better than the exotic right? There's no extra benefit from the exotic besides the perks?

Edit: Or say I get a 285 light legendary. That's better than a 280 exotic (depending on perks again) correct?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
So I had to travel on tuesday because of family problems and haven't picked up TTK. I'm very hyped to boot up my PS4 tomorrow and have a blast all there is, even my regular group is now all 40 and working on their light level.

Now that you guys have played all this week what should be my checklist? I was thinking based on what I've seen on the sides:

- Complete the Veteran's tour quest
- Advance story until I get the new subclass
- Claim my stored bounties
- I was able to ask a friend to login and got some ToC, so I think I should farm whatever coins I have.
- Continue with the story
- ???
- Raid

Any suggestions? I have a warlock and a hunter on 34 waiting for my return.
Welcome welcome!

Here's a little guide to progression in general.

The veteran's tour quest is nothing- a minute of greeting all the NPCs.

The new subclass unlocks after the very first Story mission, if you want to do that.

IMO, get your
sword
as soon as you beat the story by talking to Eris and then Shaxx. Really changes the game in some fun-as-hell ways.

I'll be around looking to raid with the fashionably late crowd for quite a while! :)

SnakeEyes

Banned
They don't even completely understand their own technology.

I haven't used enough of their guns to say I don't like them.
An Omolon Scout was the first Legendary weapon I got, and I couldn't replace it quick enough.

Thank god for Armsday packages, which gave me a beautiful Suros Scout Rifle.

On the final section of the Raid. Unbelievable stuff up to that point. Definitely the best raid of the bunch and very challenging. Got the arms and heavy machine gun from it so far.

Could really do with a fucking 300 Ghost/Legs/Cape for my Hunter. Everything else is high 290's or past the 300 mark but those 3 are dangling around 280/285. Do you get a high level Cape or Ghost at least from Quests?

#FirstWorldDestinyProblems

I think the faction quest reward is a 290 class item.

Deku Tree

Doing the mission "summoners circle" on the road to kings fall. Recommended light is 270.
Does anyone want to do it? Want to help?
Just join on me.

PS4 DekuBleep

Hey guys.
Just wondering what the best tool to use for organizing raids etc. People having success with lfgtool?
Basically got 4 Australians and need 2 more if anyone here is interested for Monday or Wednesday night pm me.
Also the 3rd court I am keen to do if anyone wants my help for it!

PSN:Holycon

Honestly though, so far every year 2 pulse rifle I've come across is underwhelming for PvP. Even the mid damage tier Suros, stability isn't fantastic and recoil pattern is a little wild. I'm still using a hopscotch in crucible. I ordered three pulse rifles for armsday, I hope I get a good roll with the two high damage tier Hakke PRs.

None of them are that great I agree, but the other guns are just worse somehow. :( I think I'm also irritated by the amount of people still using old weapons from HoW that have God tier rolls. I'm also definitely noticing poor net code.

Court of Oryx isn't as popular as I had hoped. I had to keep leaving and entering the Dreadnaught until I saw a few guys playing so I could use my runes.
It's so much more fun and rewarding than that stupid prison of elders.

j-wood

An Omolon Scout was the first Legendary weapon I got, and I couldn't replace it quick enough.

Thank god for Armsday packages, which gave me a beautiful Suros Scout Rifle.

How did you get the rifle already? I have the package but it says its delivered on Wednesdays

Baliis

Court of Oryx isn't as popular as I had hoped. I had to keep leaving and entering the Dreadnaught until I saw a few guys playing so I could use my runes.
It's so much more fun and rewarding than that stupid prison of elders.

I just dont know where people are even getting runes. In total I've gotten like, 5 tier 1 and 3 tier 2s, no tier 3s. Cant buy them cuz my rep is too low.

Zocano

None of them are that great I agree, but the other guns are just worse somehow. :( I think I'm also irritated by the amount of people still using old weapons from HoW that have God tier rolls. I'm also definitely noticing poor net code.

Hopefully iron banner and trials force people to change up a ton with level requirements

Top Bottom