• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT31| The Courted Oryx (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

DNAbro

After beating (boss spoilers)
War Priest, Golgoroth, and Death Singers
I got exactly one bond and a ton of shards. Smart loot obviously does not apply to the raid.

But it was tons of fun beating the 1st boss and getting the 2nd one down as well. We're all way to tired for Oryx though. I was really impressed with the 2nd boss once we got the mechanics down. Felt great.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
This one is my favorite gun in TTK so far because of the looks, the sound, and my particular roll:

heyWcP7h.jpg
I would trade my mine for that based on looks, but otherwise, I love the crap out of it. Sooo satisfying and crazy range. I can even max the range out at the cost of reload but haven't felt the need yet.
Omolon Scouts are meh, their Hand Cannons are meh, their Snipers are meh.

Omolon is just... meh.
you take that back. heresy

(haven't tried their HCs yet outside of the test one which was weak)

Mindlog

I spent too much time trying to get a Zhalo yesterday.
Friend hops on and with 35 coins gets me two.
I'm not complaining.

Linked not posted because I am wearing Raid boots so just in case.
My Arclock can't be any more Arc. Maximum Arc achieved. Stormcaller with Tesla Coils on his wrists firing an Arc throwing Zhalo. Pic.
Spent all the motes necessary to level the Exotic Gloves from scratch. Outstanding feature Bungie. Burned a bunch of motes. Still have plenty.

darknil

Welcome welcome!

Here's a little guide to progression in general.

The veteran's tour quest is nothing- a minute of greeting all the NPCs.

The new subclass unlocks after the very first Story mission, if you want to do that.

IMO, get your
sword
as soon as you beat the story by talking to Eris and then Shaxx. Really changes the game in some fun-as-hell ways.

I'll be around looking to raid with the fashionably late crowd for quite a while! :)

Wow! That post is pretty much what I was looking for, DGAF is the best.

So I'll get to level 40 and then claim bounties, rep and all that so my loot drop is better. About that sword, yeah! I look forward to get one, I had a blast on the early mission of the moon and the blades of crota. Not so much in the raid since sword usage had a particular usage (except in the bridge)

And I'll look forward being in a decent light level early next week so I can join the nightly raid groups!

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I like the omolon weapons and aesthetic ):
Don't listen to them zocano. Some simply cannot appreciate true elegance of form and function

Cling to your bulbous chambers and blinding whites SUROS peasants. Treasure, Hakkenites, your industrial metal amalgams. You have my deepest pities.

OMOLON is the truth.

I love the Suros holo-sights and my Hakke Apple of Discord w/ headseeker don't tell anyone

Trickster

I'll join you guys.

EroticSushi

Sounds like me might have 6 people then, if all are still interested

1 Me
2 JTripper
3 Bogeypop
4 BMO = GOAT
5 xVaalbarAx
6 EroticSushi

My psn is sc-trickster

just add me with you gaf name as message, and we'll see how many of the 6 we have

purg3

slept with Malkin
For the Eris artifact quest, do they have to be my runes, or if some uses a tier 2 and I join, does that count? I have a tier 3 rune but no 2's.

X-Frame

Was anyone able to get the Year 2 Bad Juju from the Primary Exotic Engrams with 3 of Coins?

I have 200 marks and am not sure what to use them on, but figure that Bad Juju would be a great weapon for PvE and PvP right about now.

Hey guys.
Just wondering what the best tool to use for organizing raids etc. People having success with lfgtool?
Basically got 4 Australians and need 2 more if anyone here is interested for Monday or Wednesday night pm me.
Also the 3rd court I am keen to do if anyone wants my help for it!

PSN:Holycon
Look below :) Frankly I never used any type of websites to find groups besides DGAF, I heard mixed things...majority which are negative things..with a few positive things. Just stated X raid on normal or hard..if you have a checkpoint, experiences, etc etc. Most people are very helpful and I know for myself, once Drizzay finish his Raid Carry Thesis ;)

I will be willing to help carry people whenever I have time. But as of now, dont think there are successful strats lurking about..

So I guess potentially the list looks like this now of people who are only have Oryx left and still want him dead?

1 Me
2 JTripper
3 Bogeypop
4 BMO = GOAT
5 ???
6 ???

Ugh just realised I messed up last night with my marks. Sitting at 290 and had 182 marks but figured since all vendor gear was 280 apart from later on when I wanna get picky with the stats it wasn't much good to me. So I went and bought the year 2 suros because I love the look of it. Turns out it's quite bad still but that doesn't matter.

Now just remembered you can buy the legendary engrams. So I should have bought gauntlet engrams to try get 290+ ones as my current are only 284. Oh well, lessen learnt.

Also please rng, just give me a rare shotgun or two for this salvage quest!

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Need one

At boss on Echo Chamber heroic - Light 160
Wait, 160, on heroic? How do you wind up with that?
Ugh just realised I messed up last night with my marks. Sitting at 290 and had 182 marks but figured since all vendor gear was 280 apart from later on when I wanna get picky with the stats it wasn't much good to me. So I went and bought the year 2 suros because I love the look of it. Turns out it's quite bad still but that doesn't matter.

Now just remembered you can buy the legendary engrams. So I should have bought gauntlet engrams to try get 290+ ones as my current are only 284. Oh well, lessen learnt.

Odd, I've heard a lot of pretty positive things about the year 2 regime. huh.

After beating (boss spoilers)
War Priest, Golgoroth, and Death Singers
I got exactly one bond and a ton of shards. Smart loot obviously does not apply to the raid.

But it was tons of fun beating the 1st boss and getting the 2nd one down as well. We're all way to tired for Oryx though. I was really impressed with the 2nd boss once we got the mechanics down. Felt great.

Smart loot is over multiple runs of course you are not going to get everything in the first run...

purg3

slept with Malkin
Was anyone able to get the Year 2 Bad Juju from the Primary Exotic Engrams with 3 of Coins?

I have 200 marks and am not sure what to use them on, but figure that Bad Juju would be a great weapon for PvE and PvP right about now.

Nope, was hoping for that or a Red Death but it didn't happen. I spent my first bunch of marks on a year 2 Thunderlord, and it melts bosses.

j-wood

Year 2 suros is bad?

DNAbro

Smart loot is over multiple runs of course you are not going to get everything in the first run...

it is pretty discouraging to beat two bosses + 2 hidden chests and get nothing but those shards. I was happy to get the bond. I didn't get to start from the beginning so I missed the first chests.

Look below :) Frankly I never used any type of websites to find groups besides DGAF, I heard mixed things...majority which are negative things..with a few positive things. Just stated X raid on normal or hard..if you have a checkpoint, experiences, etc etc. Most people are very helpful and I know for myself, once Drizzay finish his Raid Carry Thesis ;)

I will be willing to help carry people whenever I have time. But as of now, dont think there are successful strats lurking about..
Thanks for the response dude. Will definately try and organize thrust here. Mainly challenges are finding Aussies preferably for lag etc. Plus pre organizing. Maybe I'll have to be a bit more reactive. :D
Body is tingling with keenness for getting into the new raid.

I just dont know where people are even getting runes. In total I've gotten like, 5 tier 1 and 3 tier 2s, no tier 3s. Cant buy them cuz my rep is too low.
You get a second tier rune once you finish the Eris quest, then personally for me, a third tier rune dropped for me when I used the second tier and opened the chest. I'm not sure if that always happens or if I got lucky

Thanks for the response dude. Will definately try and organize thrust here. Mainly challenges are finding Aussies preferably for lag etc. Plus pre organizing. Maybe I'll have to be a bit more reactive. :D

haha yeah, trust me there are some Aussies I played with. You should add Gaffer DeathJr. his PSN is Ruthlesbarbarian Think I spelled that right. He is another Aussies player and plays ALOT.

Feel free to add me as well. Not an Aussies myself but I am wake during very odd hours in EST which corresponds to your afternoon or something. PSN iRAWRasaurus

j-wood

Not so much suros but auto rifle in general in crucible. Im finding it much weaker than pulse rifles still. It's usable and better then before the auto rifle buff but I still think auto rifles need a bit more. That's just my experience anyway.

How's the year 2 bad juju? I'm debating what to get as soon as I hit 180 marks

todd360

The crucible vendor weapons look so damn good. I usually hate green color schemes too. My crucible variant hakke shotgun is so good looking and powerful. I used it today to kill the shield brothers. Based crucible gear.

I also really like my new monarchy auto rifle. Its also a beautiful gun. My biggest problem with it is the holo sight though. Its super bad ass, but its really shaky at long distance. The target acquisition sights perform really well at long range and close range. So there is no reason to use the holo sight because its outclassed by the next sight you unlock.

Not so much suros but auto rifle in general in crucible. Im finding it much weaker than pulse rifles still. It's usable and better then before the auto rifle buff but I still think auto rifles need a bit more. That's just my experience anyway.

Man I've been ripping PvP up with Zhalo and Suros Y2. I'm cool if people want to keep thinking their weak though. Zhalo is damn God-tier imo, but Suros is no slouch with rapid fire.

Haven't read your previous posts but Add me up, PSN: tp_Drewz

Fellow Aussie from Perth :) it will be another week or so before I am raid ready as I started on Xbox and only bought on ps yesterday but should be ready for heroics and everything tomorrow night ish then I'm always down for pretty much anything.

I embarrassingly spent somewhere between 300-400 strange coins on 3 of coins and never got Bad Juju. Or an exotic heavy or exotic leg engram.

Baliis

I'm enjyoing Suros in PvE, but yea, it kinda still blew in pvp

Ocho

Question of old content: do you ever receive quests to join the strikes in Venus and Mars or do you just randomly join when your level is high enough?

todd360

The last word is still pretty lethal in the right hands. You have to force close range fights all the time though. Get to far away from your target and your screwed.

Kensuke

Beat
Oryx
just now with a couple of gaffers! We were squirming when he was close to death, but managed to stay calm.

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member
Man I've been ripping PvP up with Zhalo and Suros Y2. I'm cool if people want to keep thinking their weak though. Zhalo is damn God-tier imo, but Suros is no slouch with rapid fire.
My year 2 Suros seems fine in PvP. Haven't had a chance to compare it to Juju or Red Death though so it's possible that it's good but not as good as others. I'm still feeling that hand cannon range nerf hard myself though.

Top Bottom