• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT31| The Courted Oryx (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Since the buff is consumed after every Ultra kill regardless - for those of us who don't have infinite strange coins, wouldn't it be best to use them for heroic strikes anyways? Considering those guys barf out 2-3 blue/purple engrams on each death it would make sense they have a better drop rate.
sorta depends what you're aiminf at but yes, there is an opportunity cost associated with spending time running this gimmick to try at exotics alone versus using them while running strikes that can benefit you otherwise at the same time

Jinjo

Whine and Cheese is my all time favorite OT title. That's us in a nutshell :p

Except we don't whine anymore. Destiny is awesome right now. Now we only have to find out if the raid lives up to VoG.

Nightfall got exotic helm engram and and claws of akhamara!!!

In a single Nightfall drop or do you mean 3 of coins drop and Nightfall reward together?

DarKshodaN

12046863_10205488395755593_151.jpg

I found this :D guess i am ready for the raid now

Edit: new page

Deku Tree

Can someone join me at GL checkpoint and let me switch to my warlock and then give me party lead and then we wipe so I can get CP back?

Somnia

Well went over mobile data plan so just paid an extra $10 for another gig due to watching streams on my phone at work, may go over again because I'll be streaming Broman all day starting with the raiding!

Jinjo

Since the buff is consumed after every Ultra kill regardless - for those of us who don't have infinite strange coins, wouldn't it be best to use them for heroic strikes anyways? Considering those guys barf out 2-3 blue/purple engrams on each death it would make sense they have a better drop rate.

I think so too. Chain a few strikes (3 or so) and then use buff. I think this is how Bungie really intended it to work lol.

ocean

Banned
sorta depends what you're aiminf at but yes, there is an opportunity cost associated with spending time running this gimmick to try at exotics alone versus using them while running strikes that can benefit you otherwise at the same time
Well yeah but most people have limited SC and will only be able to buy 10-20 of these things. You could use 20 of these items in probably the time it takes you to do 2, maaaaybe 3 strikes.

So I think it's a false dichotomy where you either do this or you grind Strikes, since I'm guessing most people will run out of Coins or reach the minimum they wanna keep in reserve after 30 mins tops of killing a boss and suiciding :p

Can someone join me at GL checkpoint and let me switch to my warlock and then give me party lead and then we wipe so I can get CP back?

K we all should be good, Deku and Definity how many coins do you guys have left?

Just received an exotic gauntlet engram woo!

X-Frame

So glad I didn't buy any new exotic armor with my marks. Got the Year 2 Helm of Saint 14, Skullfort (Tier 1 with Sunbreaker Titan), Taikonaut, and Inmost Light (meh).

Only Year 2 helm I don't have now is the mediocre Angel of Light helm.

Christ... watching these streams and seeing what everyone is getting...

Exotics will be just as common as legendaries pretty soon. As much as i want work to end so i can go home and try this... most of me is sort of bummed that there will be so many exotics out there now... kinda ruining the rarity.

noomi

I only bought about 40 three of coins, looks like I'm going to get a lot more when I get home :D:D:D:D:D:D

Each time you kill it you pop a three coins it seems.

Yes.
Though you have to die *with him*, otherwise the countdown starts and you lose the checkpoint.
Been two times my rocket somehow kills him without damaging me, I'm already a bit sick of running that mission... ^^

So basically pop a coin no matter what.
Do we increase the diffivulty level?

No need to pop another before dying, just do it after respawning eh?

No.

1. Pop Three of Coins
2. Make a suicide pact with Draksis
3. Once you're both dead, respawn at the checkpoint
4. Whether or not he dropped an Exotic Engram, pop another Three of Coins
5. ???
6. Profit!

Thanks guys! Can't wait to get home!

I have Nuszka, Macello, and XO texting me, blowing up my phone about everything they are looting.... and I'm just sitting here like a sucker :(

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Well yeah but most people have limited SC and will only be able to buy 10-20 of these things. You could use 20 of these items in probably the time it takes you to do 2, maaaaybe 3 strikes.

So I think it's a false dichotomy where you either do this or you grind Strikes, since I'm guessing most people will run out of Coins or reach the minimum they wanna keep in reserve after 30 mins tops of killing a boss and suiciding :p
Strange coins, personally are still relatively valuable to me with all the potential guaranteed new gear you can get from Xur. I really don't recommend blowing a lot on these unless you do have a ton of them. You can get screwed over by luck in various ways that you can't by just getting a helm engram for 19 coins. If you have limited strange coins and do want to use them on some 3oCs I'd actually say use them for strike runs where you chance other useful progression items and legendaries which can also become marks while also benefitting from the streak bonus, whereas if you're someone who can buy 100 3oCs and stomach sitting around killing the lootgate cavelord for a couple hours it might pay off to a bigger extent.

I only bought about 40 three of coins, looks like I'm going to get a lot more when I get home :D:D:D:D:D:D

Thanks guys! Can't wait to get home!

I hope they do not quick patch this. It should be simple: have a 30 minute cooldown on this

Two more and then I'm going to the tower to buy more. Then I'll be back.

You can take the team to the tower instead of departing. I want to head back there and just stay in the group with you

Titan got Ruin Wings and another Empyrian Bellicose from my two Exotic Engrams. My third one gave Don't Touch Me for my Hunter, so awesome.

Completely tapped out of coins, though. I'm gonna be begging in the streets now.

ocean

Banned
Christ... watching these streams and seeing what everyone is getting...

Exotics will be just as common as legendaries pretty soon. As much as i want work to end so i can go home and try this... most of me is sort of bummed that there will be so many exotics out there now... kinda ruining the rarity.
Again, when have Exotics ever been rare? I mean sure it takes a few weeks of waiting for Xur to sell something but most players (I mean active players from year 1) have most Exotics. Xur sold every single year 1 weapon twice or more for instance.

BraXzy

Right so I'm gonna try this Three of Coin trick. But are any of the exotics he is selling worth getting? The hunter arms look cool but their bonuses seem pretty damn weak. Not sure about the Warlock ones, what is Landfall?

Jarate

Banned
Zhalo Supercell, invective, crest of alpha lupi, the same titannhelmet XUR is selling, another titan arm piece and a hunter helmet so far from exotic farming

Hopefully this is still up when I get home from work. I NEED MORE LOOT

6 exotic pieces so far

phen0m24

So my haul from the old 3oC farm session:

Hawkmoon v2
Hereafter sniper rifle
Taikonaut with 49 Intellect/53 Strength
No Backup Plans v2
Crest of Alpha Lupi v2

Jinjo

Pleas don't patch before tonight. Please! I want this.

Bungie should really allow a 24 hour window for everyone to exploit this so everyone is on a level-playing field atleast.

That's my logic atleast.

At the rate you seem to get exotics out of 3oC (about 1 in 5) it's still cheaper to buy an engram with Xur. And you don't even control what engram you get, let alone what is inside. And everyone knows Rahool is a still a bitch when it comes to decrypting those things.

It wouldn't be a super OP exploit, if only everyone did not have 800+ strange coins lol.

Cooldown timer (5 min) is the way to patch this. Ensures you can use it in strikes only.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Right so I'm gonna try this Three of Coin trick. But are any of the exotics he is selling worth getting? The hunter arms look cool but their bonuses seem pretty damn weak. Not sure about the Warlock ones, what is Landfall?
double tripmines ain't too bad. i know nothing about stormcallers

So that 150 strange coins I spent on helm engrams was you just fucking me right me, Rahoolio?
ugiFjdp.png

OaR8UPw.gif

About to buy stocks in Three of Coins asap

Top Bottom