• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT31| The Courted Oryx (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

KxoZz

Dgot Herafter from my special engram. Then got Cryptarch package with a legendary primary engram that had a 298 scout rifle inside.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
lol at people talking about "only" spending 100+ strange coins on Threes.

Jinjo

These three coins don't work. Three strikes and nothing. Smart loot my butt.

Chance: "A possibility of something happening"

Hit-rate seems to be about 1 in 5, sometimes more. Also, go story missions, not strikes. Eye of the Gatelord or Scourge of Winter (both venus). Die with the boss or go to orbit on countdown to reload checkpoint.

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
Haven't had one drop in my last 8 coins. You gotta be fast to get out of there so you can save the checkpoint. Hopefully I've just missed an engram and it'll be waiting at the postmaster.

j-wood

Is it still the thing where if I buy the helmet engram, is it a random unlock or will it give me something for my warlock?

And how are those gloves for warlock? Does that perk mean that you get the landfall deal in addition to what you put your actual point into?

Shito

This is so stupid, haha.
I've got Draksis down pat now, I'm racking up exotic engrams.
I'm debating on how low I should cut my stack of coins on this thing... :D

Again, when have Exotics ever been rare? I mean sure it takes a few weeks of waiting for Xur to sell something but most players (I mean active players from year 1) have most Exotics. Xur sold every single year 1 weapon twice or more for instance.

Ok true... but i bet if you took 100% of the destiny population and searched their inventory that exotics would be pretty much the most "rare" of any. But yes, the majority of the hardcore had a lot of exotics as you could buy them.

It's just so damn soon! lol (that said let me out of work i need my Telesto!!!!)

phen0m24

I didn't mean to screw up that checkpoint colonel! I'm so sorry!

Lt it took 5 minutes to get there. Not even a thing my man! :)

Damn dude, that's a good haul.

Thanks!

These three coins don't work. Three strikes and nothing. Smart loot my butt.

Ape, scroll up to what I posted for Zoba. Start the Scourge of Winter mission

1) Equip Ice Breaker and a rocket launcher
2) Use a 3 of coins
3) Approach door with Draksis and shoot him 4 times in the head with IB
4) Rush him and kill him with rocket launcher point blank
5) watch the goodies fall

I got 5 exotic engrams in about 15 minutes. You use one before you go through the door and you get an exotic engram every few times.

Ok, so I used a single ToC. Beat the Eye of a gatelord mission on easy. Got nothing. Now what?

Did I consume the ToC and now that one is gone? Is it still active? Should I pop another one or just go fight him again?

I dont understand how this works.

This is so stupid, haha.
I've got Draksis down pat now, I'm racking up exotic engrams.
I'm debating on how low I should cut my stack of coins on this thing... :D

Care to step-by-step your exact method for those of us at work/school/etc. that must wait for later and are vicariously living through you all right now?! lol

Jinjo

Ok, so I used a single ToC. Beat the Eye of a gatelord mission on easy. Got nothing. Now what?

Did I consume the ToC? Is it still active? Should I pop another one or just go fight him again?

I dont understand how this works.

Pop another and fight him again. It's not active anymore (cause you killed an ultra) so you have to pop another. The next one will however have a slightly higher chance for an exotic engram. Mind you, still only a chance.

So that 150 strange coins I spent on helm engrams was you just fucking me right me, Rahoolio?
ugiFjdp.png

OaR8UPw.gif

About to buy stocks in Three of Coins asap

Quoting for the new page. Today is a blessed day
ugiFjdp.png

I added The Last Word gif to the OP btw. Low-res shitty quality makes it kinda hard to see, but it's a group of 9 Guardians dominating the Tier 3 Court of Oryx boss with swords. Raid Hype.

KjonBb.gif

My god, from 1150 coins to 500. I have a problem, that's it though, I swear.... no more.

Are you buying engrams or three of coins?

If engrams (don't! 3 of coin is so much better for the chances of you getting that helmet engram)

And if three of coin (don't! Don't buy so many if you won't be able to farm all of it today--you never know when the patch will drop)

LTWood12

Lt it took 5 minutes to get there. Not even a thing my man! :)

Thanks!

Ape, scroll up to what I posted for Zoba. Start the Scourge of Winter mission

1) Equip Ice Breaker and a rocket launcher
2) Use a 3 of coins
3) Approach door with Draksis and shoot him 4 times in the head with IB
4) Rush him and kill him with rocket launcher point blank
5) watch the goodies fall

I got 5 exotic engrams in about 15 minutes. You use one before you go through the door and you get an exotic engram every few times.

I used 5 and didn't get one :(

Shito

Care to step-by-step your exact method for those of us at work/school/etc. that must wait for later and are vicariously living through you all right now?! lol
When in front of his doors:

1. Pop a three of coins
2. With icebreaker, headshot him 4 times from the door step, it should leave him with a sliver of health left
3. Enter his room and go immediatly to your left, and wait for him to come to you
4. When he's up close, rocket shoot him so that you and him both dies
5. Repeat ad nauseam :)

ocean

Banned
Ok true... but i bet if you took 100% of the destiny population and searched their inventory that exotics would be pretty much the most "rare" of any. But yes, the majority of the hardcore had a lot of exotics as you could buy them.

It's just so damn soon! lol (that said let me out of work i need my Telesto!!!!)
Actually I'm 100% sure Exotics would have the highest % of ownership because there's fewer of them and they're generally worth keeping.

Like, pick a random Legendary Scout Rifle: I'm pretty sure MIDA is owned by more people than any of those.

LTWood12

You sure you didn't forget one? (I did once or twice)

But they stack so if you use more than one..

You have tons of coins, right? You can rock some more later. :)

before they nerf it

Had to get off but checked the postmaster on my phone and nothing. Boo!

So is the quest to get the Boolean Gemini confirmed to be glitched? I did all the Taken War quests for Petra, did all the Wolves of Mars quests for Variks; went to speak to Petra but she never gave me the Lost and Found quest. I'm level 8 with her, so I know it's not that. I tried restarting my PS4, nothing. Is this thing on a timer, like the Elder Cypher?

Top Bottom