• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT31| The Courted Oryx (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

Trace

Banned
yea no roaming super should last more than 10 seconds idle and any usage should bring down the meter.

I think Bungie kind of fucked up with the roaming power of the two supers, but Sunbreaker especially. Bladedancer was a tank because it was at least semi difficult to get into range, but if you saw a Bladedancer coming you could at least react. Sometimes you can get a lucky snipe onto a Stormcaller that's coming near you, but Sunbreaker just smashes you in the face, then goes on to kill 5 other people. I really like how well Nightstalker is balanced, in that it mostly gets kills by using class abilities to outplay opponents, while Sunbreaker/Stormcaller just seem to pop super and multikill.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
yea no roaming super should last more than 10 seconds idle and any usage should bring down the meter.

The DR is shite too.

I always thought that Bladedancers had a pretty well balanced super but Stormcallers and Sunbreakers having that kind of DR and free usage is wild. There should be some sort of trade off.

My last primary exotic turned to Zhalo. Praise Master Rahool.

Done for the night.

21568236121_362edc8eac_b.jpg

Rehsa

Congrats to all the people who finished the raid!

So this morning I bought 6 helmet engrams to start with. First 2, fucking Light Beyond -.- Next was Taikonaut and Stag, pretty sweet but still want the Graviton. Next fucking LBN v.v and last was the Bellicose.

Then I decided to try the ToC thing, ran through 25 and got 8 exotics. Got an Ahamkaras spine after buying it, got the Impossible Machines after buying it ;_;, Crest of Alpha Lupi, Y2 Suros, Y2 Hawkmoon, and Hereafter. Got a Legendary from Rahool for rankup, another Hereafter. Said fuck it one more helm engram, Mask of Third Man. Nightstalker am cry. I have 5 more ToCs left but ehh I will save them for strikes.

Up to 247 Light and just finished the Earth part of Petra's bounties, going to take me a little while heh

ryan13ts

What's the consensus on the best way to get Strange Coins now? I'm short 7 and I really want to get that glove before Xur leaves, since there's no telling if it'll end up being rare this early into TTK.

The DR is shite too.

I always thought that Bladedancers had a pretty well balanced super but Stormcallers and Sunbreakers having that kind of DR and free usage is wild. There should be some sort of trade off.

Sunbreaker's super lasts 15 seconds it seems like and they have insane health. I shot one with the arrow right after they activated the super and it didn't do anything.

DY_nasty

I think Bungie kind of fucked up with the roaming power of the two supers, but Sunbreaker especially. Bladedancer was a tank because it was at least semi difficult to get into range, but if you saw a Bladedancer coming you could at least react. Sometimes you can get a lucky snipe onto a Stormcaller that's coming near you, but Sunbreaker just smashes you in the face, then goes on to kill 5 other people. I really like how well Nightstalker is balanced, in that it mostly gets kills by using class abilities to outplay opponents, while Sunbreaker/Stormcaller just seem to pop super and multikill.

Like... what the fuck are you even supposed to do? lol

All the 'quick' supers like voidbomb and fist of havoc can't really be stopped - but those two supers essentially bring the same kind of impact to the game over a period of time. They have to be braindead in order to be outplayed. For all the shit Bladedancers got, you at least had to give them credit for map awareness, planning, and choosing between a perks that give either regen (which they'll need to get in close from one target to the next) or a lengthier super (a gamble).

For as much damage and area control Sunbreakers and Stormcallers exert, they need a fucking weakness lol. I'm even okay with the melee they have. But if I manage to roll, juke, invis, etc my way in through that wall of death then I should be rewarded with a blindspot.

Like one shotting a defender that steps out of his bubble for an instant without Blessing of Light, dodging the one shot I need to in order to kill a Gunslinger, simply outmanuevering and gunning down a Sunsinger... there is almost zero possibility of doing that to a Stormcaller or Sunbreaker without heavy/super and that's just not fun. The ability to outplay needs to exist, otherwise you got some CoD killstreak shit going on.

Baliis

What's the consensus on the best way to get Strange Coins now? I'm short 7 and I really want to get that glove before Xur leaves, since there's no telling if it'll end up being rare this early into TTK.

If youre close to a rank up in a faction, packages give coins. You can also try your luck chest farming in patrol, they have a chance to give 5 coins

Anyone else know if you can subvert the once-a-week rule for changing faction allegiances by deleting your faction token and then buying another from a different faction?

I don't get why Quiver has like 5 seconds, while the Sunbreaker kills me with a flaming hammer in rift, gives me time to respawn, get back to where I was, and kills me again.

I played a bit of PVP tonight and ran into quite a few Titans using the hammer. Are these things basically reskinned rockets? They barely have to look at you to kill.

exYle

or keep it if you like it I spose. I hung onto that omolon fusion just in case i don't get a comparable one for pvp for a while.

If you're playing a Warlock and have Gunsmith rank 2, finish his quest to get the Susanoo fusion rifle. It's a beast in both PVE and PVP

Trace

Banned
I played a bit of PVP tonight and ran into quite a few Titans using the hammer. Are these things basically reskinned rockets? They barely have to look at you to kill.

Yea they're basically reskinned rockets and don't take much if any out of the super meter for using them.

They also turn into tanks using them.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
If you're playing a Warlock and have Gunsmith rank 2, finish his quest to get the Susanoo fusion rifle. It's a beast in both PVE and PVP
Can't wait. Need to get a little closer to raid ready on my Hunter before I start on my alts though.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Let me sell you on Nightstalker in 20 seconds. It's too long to gif so i'll just upload the clip.

https://vid.me/LDsS

Best super? Best super.
gat damn

So you pros advocate Quiver in the Crucible, eh? I would've thought Blood Bound was the winner or even Black Hole in Rift. But for Skirmish I guess it makes a lot of sense.

DY_nasty

yeup. just saw one chew through a high impact sniper shot and hammer someone across the map.

come on now

hammers down bubbles too

i always thought bubbles had a really nice balance in that it'd take a dedicated fist of havoc, dead on void bomb, or two shots from a golden gun (leaving one shot for everyone else). but with a sunbreaker you can hammer the bubble into the dirt, kill everyone inside and around it, then continue on your way for another few kills

like.... okay. i like the ability to be a mobile artillery point. i honestly do. but being borderline indestructible during all of this? if someone is gonna have 10+ seconds to do all this, they don't need to be glass cannons (because gunslinger still has the range advantage quite easily) but they can't be fucking tanks.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Quiver technically has 10 seconds of use, but each bow shot takes time to draw, so it doesn't leave much time to roam around.
But you prefer the ability to shoot more than once to the potential multikill from blood bound?

ryan13ts

If youre close to a rank up in a faction, packages give coins. You can also try your luck chest farming in patrol, they have a chance to give 5 coins

That might be my only option at this point.

I've long since become convinced the game has become self aware and actively intends to screw me over at every opportunity possible when it comes to drops and things I need/want. After numerous games of everyone getting coins but me (and I literally mean that on some games), my belief in this is reaffirmed.

I actually think I miss the simple way of doing a weekly strike to get 9 coins.

It feels like blade dancer hit registration is nerfed in 2.0 (same for shoulder charge). I'm having so many auto aim swings in midair miss/not count that BD seems almost useless the way I used to use it. It's like it isn't as forgiving for vertical differences anymore.

Trace

Banned
It feels like blade dancer hit registration is nerfed in 2.0 (same for shoulder charge). I'm having so many auto aim swings in midair miss/not count that BD seems almost useless the way I used to use it. It's like it isn't as forgiving for vertical differences anymore.

BD is just straight up worthless now. There is no reason to use it over another class unless you REALLY want to use blink. Only reason I would have to use it would be for invis if Nightstalker invis isn't long enough.

But you prefer the ability to shoot more than once to the potential multikill from blood bound?

Quiver is cooler. Being able to roam around and land multi kills in rapid succession is incredibly satisfying as opposed to trapping enemies and shooting them. The latter may have more utility, especially in Control, but it feels a bit too forgiving and situational for me. Quiver has more utility and is more rewarding to me personally.

It's somewhat related to what i mentioned a while ago. i still want to make the hammertime video, but if Sunbreaker is really overpowered, i can just see half of the comments complaining about how overpowered it is. I'd rather that half of the comments be "wow that multi kill with the bow was unreal".

Gotta please the crowd.

Top Bottom