• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT31| The Courted Oryx (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
BD is just straight up worthless now. There is no reason to use it over another class unless you REALLY want to use blink. Only reason I would have to use it would be for invis if Nightstalker invis isn't long enough.

another thing that bothers me about bladedancer is how their sticky grenade is trash when compared to fusion grenades lol

im over here watching them bounce off people and shit like y u do dis

I had 4 sessions of 3oCs this week-end.

had a good haul although I had a high amount of dupes like stupid Hawkmoons (5???)

and 4 ugly ass Stag helms (I though tthe Ram look ass ugly, but the Stag is worst), 3 awful Jade Rabbits

I'm really happy that I got Suros Regime 2.0, Telesto, the new Sniper, and I stopped gambling until Zhalo Supercell was mine. I failed getting Arc Primaries in Year 1, i finally got my first, thanks to 3oCs

my Titian now has ALLLL Helmets all of them hahahahhahaha
-----------------------

My Warlock sports the Impossible Machines, having Free Landfall is pretty cool. (did I mention that the Stag is ugly?)

My Hunter, I'm giving him that cool Graviton Forgeit helm. That thing look awesome.

My Titan will wear whatever Helmet he feels like it because he's got choice

had a good haul although I had a high amount of dupes like stupid Hawkmoons (5???)

and 4 ugly ass Stag helms (I though tthe Ram look ass ugly, but the Stag is worst), 3 awful Jade Rabbits

I'm really happy that I got Suros Regime 2.0, Telesto, the new Sniper, and I stopped gambling until Zhalo Supercell was mine. I failed getting Arc Primaries in Year 1, i finally got my first, thanks to 3oCs

-----------------------

My Warlock sports the Impossible Machines, having Free Landfall is pretty cool. (did I mention that the Stag is ugly?)

My Hunter, I'm giving him that cool Graviton Forgeit helm. That thing look awesome.

So like besides the raid what's the point now?

For me the chase is what keeps me running strikes

i feel for anyone who ias suffering the after effects of their favorite things being nerfed into oblivion, but after a year of Bladedancers being the dominant competitive class, I can't help but go

bye-b.gif

Let them warm the bench for a change.

DY_nasty

I'm happy I chose this Arc sword.

Once I knock out all of these arc ability related quests and stuff, I'm probably never touching Bladedancer again outside of Rift.

deadduck

I got up to Oryx last night on my TKK main (or first, it won't be main for long), but interested in running the first couple of bits on my Hunter, are there any groups doing alt/first part runs?

inthrall

Once I knock out all of these arc ability related quests and stuff, I'm probably never touching Bladedancer again outside of Rift.
Speaking of arc swords, where on earth should you farm for spinmetal? That steps giving me so much grief...

So like besides the raid what's the point now?

For me the chase is what keeps me running strikes

Customization is the most important factor for me and I am far from customizing my character.

2 of them are still quite low in light level while 1 is working its ass off to get parts that can be infused for the others.

There are still lots of stuff that can only be attained through the Quest lines. Banshee is my new best friend

I think I flubbed my choice of sword. do you remember at what stage in the story does Eris let you talk to Lord Shaxx for this?

GhaleonEB

So from what I'm hearing from the Raid and seeing in the wild, it looks like outside of Rahool, the "Smart Loot System" ain't as bright as I assumed.

I spent an hour in the Court of Oryx and all I got to show for it were a bunch of shitty blues and underleveled artifacts. My only real piece of loot was a Rune I cashed in from an Eris quest. I used the Three of Coins 5 times between events and got squat.

After that, I went to pay Draksis a visit to use the last ticket.

Not even 3 minutes went by
sU2PzzA.jpg

giphy.gif

My light level had gone up every single play session since the game came out, from quests, patrols, bounties, strikes, whatever. I keep getting fed the gear I need to move forward in any given activity. I'm even piling up marks now that legendary gear is starting to flow. (Currently light level 255.) It's a pretty night and day difference between this and the old system, where engrams were worthless 99% of the time.

I think we'll need a few weeks behind us to see how the loot system works for the raid. Even if it's on par with Crota's End, I'd be happy, and they've said it's more generous than it was, in terms of tracking what you need. If people are still getting crap for a couple weeks, then yeah, that's disappointing, but I don't think it can be judged from a single run.

DY_nasty

Speaking of arc swords, where on earth should you farm for spinmetal? That steps giving me so much grief...

I know The Divide and The Rocketyard like the back of my hand, but there are probably better areas (that aren't Taken infested) like The Mothyard.

Its a time consuming ordeal though. No way around it.

-----------------------

Jade Rabbit? Awful? I love that gun in PvP & PvE. It's basically a primary BH (pre-nerf). You can shoot for days.

inthrall

I know The Divide and The Rocketyard like the back of my hand, but there are probably better areas (that aren't Taken infested) like The Mothyard.

Its a time consuming ordeal though. No way around it.
I've got the spinmetal detector ghost and still can't get more than one per 20 mins, its a nightmare... What's the time it takes nodes to respawn?

Trace

Banned
Just wanted to pose a question to gaf. Is there any scenario in which a striker titan has a better super than warlock with stormtrance and landfall?

My answer is no, which really calls into question Bungie's balancing ability.

DY_nasty

Customization is the most important factor for me and I am far from customizing my character.

2 of them are still quite low in light level while 1 is working its ass off to get parts that can be infused for the others.

There are still lots of stuff that can only be attained through the Quest lines. Banshee is my new best friend

I think I flubbed my choice of sword. do you remember at what stage in the story does Eris let you talk to Lord Shaxx for this?

No clue. Its all a blur lol. I lost track of time and pain because I did the PvP part of the sword quests when everyone was still new in 2.0 - back when people were still working for that TLW quest too. Getting sword kills in that mess gave me Phantom Pain.

NeOak

5 exotic engrams with 16 coins of three

2 Titan Gauntlets
1 Titan Chest
1 Titan Helmet
1 Warlock Helmet

On my Hunter >.>

Just wanted to pose a question to gaf. Is there any scenario in which a striker titan has a better super than warlock with stormtrance and landfall?

Striker can go to sleep until Year 3. Sunbreaker is more funner

DY_nasty

I've got the spinmetal detector ghost and still can't get more than one per 20 mins, its a nightmare... What's the time it takes nodes to respawn?

That perk is either bugged or overrated. If you can, opt for anything that gives you enhanced tracker or something similar to Nighstalker's Keen Scout. That's invaluable imo.

DY_nasty

eh

I trust a Striker to shutdown a super in-progress more than any other class in the game tbh. They need love in the form of melee though. (complete horseshit have warlocks have on-hit melee abilities and titans until 2.0 didn't)

ViciousDS

Banned
Anyone doing the 3 taken champions on earth? No one ever seems to be at the rocketyard and it's hard with the spread of the lieutenant spawns

PSN SC-ViciousDS

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Quiver is cooler. Being able to roam around and land multi kills in rapid succession is incredibly satisfying as opposed to trapping enemies and shooting them. The latter may have more utility, especially in Control, but it feels a bit too forgiving and situational for me. Quiver has more utility and is more rewarding to me personally.

It's somewhat related to what i mentioned a while ago. i still want to make the hammertime video, but if Sunbreaker is really overpowered, i can just see half of the comments complaining about how overpowered it is. I'd rather that half of the comments be "wow that multi kill with the bow was unreal".

Gotta please the crowd.

awesome answer.

DY_nasty

so far as I know this is completely untrue?

edit: Is it just the case for legendaries or something?

Exotics always pop out at 290 just to be clear

Once you hit 300, exotics can start popping at 310

SPOILERS!
Exotic Quest Reward Spoilers
I was really convinced Touch of Malice was going to be a pulse, not a scout. We knew about No Time to Explain but it was missing from the database, as were total non-spoiler weapons Red Death and Bad Juju. I assumed that in order to keep its design a secret, they simply removed all exotic pulses from the database. Maybe there's a secret raid exotic that's a pulse and my theory is still correct.

Either that or somebody fell asleep on the keyboard or "solar flares" happened.

Top Bottom