• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT31| The Courted Oryx (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

Ramirez

no idea how you can comment on a match you weren't in o.o i'm talking about the behavior of both teams and specifically the other runners on my own.

I was just commenting on Rift in general. You posted a picture of one team with multiple grabs and the other with one, maybe 2. Seemed to line up with what I said.

I love Destiny.

VJ0TRao.gif

A nightfall comment. I totally didn't know when you wiped you not only don't go back to Orbit but you restart from the "checkpoint" essentially! Found that out yesterday and wow, megaton. Love it

Getting real close to dumping all my motes into dead orbit. I really need some damn gauntlets and a helm. Only thing holding me back is its really nice to get a new weapon and max it out xp wise in thirty seconds.

Juraash

Well my only hope for today was getting one rep item for the gunsmith so I could get my class scout, but alas that didn't happen. But I did hit 290 so that's pretty awesome. Also I may have finished the quest chain for Boolean Dynasty. So still made good progress overall.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I really, really suggest that people get started on the Weekly Crucible Playlist quest line.

Apparently, one of the bounties involved requires you to knock out the Daily Playlist 3 times in one week. So Yeah... I'm kinda boned lol.

The rewards are nightfall tier though - so I'll keep my dream alive. Home stretch.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I was just commenting on Rift in general. You posted a picture of one team with multiple grabs and the other with one, maybe 2. Seemed to line up with what I said.
I understand that there are spawn issues and matches can become unbalanced due to the camping of specific territory on the maps. I also understand super chaining.

It's also extremely obvious to me when my teammates and key members of the opposing team simply don't understand the objectives themselves and the factors that affect the team score for the match. In that match the other two runners who held the spark between them four more times than me all died within 2 seconds of picking it up. Furthermore the opposing team never once sent a scout or sniper around to one of the far edges (this was frontier) to contest our control. There was also never anyone waiting for me at the enemy rift.

What I was actually trying to illustrate with my screenshot was how even though I wasn't top kills on my team (tied for least actually) I had by far the highest score in the entire match and despite the k/d battles being fought it wasn't even a contest.

Maybe this one is more illustrative
once again none of my teammates even remotely impacted the objective and only a couple on the opposing team seemed to understand what to prioritize. Basically this match was a 1v1 between me and the prad_mx guy (who was beasting with a MIDA Multi-Tool), note how neither of us remotely led the team in kills.

Of course kills and territory control are important and should be, but Rift isn't a TDM variant like everything else besides Salvage and it's pretty clear to me that many people I'm encountering simply don't get it.

Doing Daily story now if anyone still needs it, just hop in

edit: Howdy Hawk! :) No mic though, folks are sleeping. 1 spot still

edit2: hooray! that was fun, thanks for hopping in fellas. New story missions are legit.

Namikaze1

Anyone who has beat the raid willing to help me out with
Daughters of Oryx
and then
Oryx
in a bit? I wanna beat it before reset and don't have time at all tomorrow or later on today.

Raybunny

Anyone who has beat the raid willing to help me out with
Daughters of Oryx
and then
Oryx
in a bit? I wanna beat it before reset and don't have time at all tomorrow or later on today.

We got a group at Oryx, if for some reason one cannot join ill poke you.

Get a exotic from popping a 3 of Coins at a raid boss. I joke that it will turn into a year two Last Word. Go to Cryptarch and get a year 2 Last Word. RNG be trollin'

I really need to beat the
sisters
though for this quest.
Do you understand the mechanics for that part? It's really not difficult at all.

super helpful if you can get a Nightstalker to tether each sister during damage phase. Other than that assign each person to one plate, one person for dedicated mob killer, and one to run spark. If someone else is chosen by RNG it's just a simple substitution in one spot, keeps people organized.

Made it all the way to Oryx and only got a raid chest piece :(

Namikaze1

Do you understand the mechanics for that part? It's really not difficult at all.

super helpful if you can get a Nightstalker to tether each sister during damage phase. Other than that assign each person to one plate, one person for dedicated mob killer, and one to run spark. If someone else is chosen by RNG it's just a simple substitution in one spot, keeps people organized.
Yes, I fully understand the mechanics of that part. Problem was I had PSN issues when my group went to do it. They did it and beat it.

Aw yeah, got the last strange coins I needed to pick up one more bundle of three of coins before reset. Now to farm exotics for the last time. Doubt we'll ever see the item again tbh lol

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Doing Daily story now if anyone still needs it, just hop in

edit: Howdy Hawk! :) No mic though, folks are sleeping. 1 spot still

edit2: hooray! that was fun, thanks for hopping in fellas. New story missions are legit.
Hope I wasn't too loud!

And yeah fun as heck. Perfect length too.

You were doing this weird ass visual glitch for me the whole time, it was hilarious. I'm trying to upload a video

Now I know how to play out the final encounter with Oryx it is exactly what I called late last night, hopefully I can get it done tomorrow night because having him down 3 times and dying on the last moments is such a buzzkill man :(

Nuszka

Morning gaf. I finally had a full 8 hours of sleep, last night when my wife looked at me she "politely" asked me to not play at list until tonight lol. Will try to get back on the raid as soon as possible.

Marvel

could never
I'm very interested in Raiding today now that I'm 291. Got to the
Warpriest
before but we couldn't figure it out.

gatti-man

If anyone in 288+ light level and wants to raid give me a message. I'll be running a group to oryx Sunday on my alt. I'll have 2 others with me who have done it before. Psn: gatti-man. We will probably get started around 1

Top Bottom