• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT31| The Courted Oryx (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
They will remove them from Xur

I really don't think they will. They might add a timer or something, but outright removing them would just fuck over everyone who couldn't play this morning.

wtf holy shit are you guys use more than one or what :O

No, they just have hundreds of coins to spend on Threes and are farming their balls off.

Mupod

I stopped freaking out about them patching this because...it doesn't matter. If you constantly use the buffs you're going to run out of coins eventually, and you will have gotten the exact same number of Exotics whether you did the gate lord/draksis method or just ran strikes/dailies. You may actually get less if hard mode Strikes have a higher chance of dropping exotic engrams, and those also drop blues/purples like crazy.

Now if you never plan to run another strike or daily heroic again then sure. I also can't speak for people who had like 700 coins going into TTK because they had to do SOMETHING to get those coins out of people's inventories and just devaluing them would screw over 'normal' players.

noomi

That's the one we are doing lol. Gotta hit the triangle button fast though.

Cant you just kill him, and then quickly kill yourself?

Shouldn't be any need to go to orbit.

Fuck it taking 11:30 lunch today, i need dis before they fix it.... cause you know they will....

Jinjo

welp another friggin monte carlo. both of my primary engrams for year two so far have been that lousy auto rifle smh

It is great with the new Hunter gloves that allow you can extra melee charge. Double smoke grenades all the time!

lionelhutz

Posting for the new OT:

Is there a kiosk, or another way to obtain old class items? If not, for a hunter, is there any reason to keep old cloaks? With the class items having stats I'm wondering if I can dismantle the year one items to make extra room in the vault.

I really don't think they will. They might add a timer or something, but outright removing them would just fuck over everyone who couldn't play this morning.

No, they just have hundreds of coins to spend on Threes and are farming their balls off.

They might lower the amount you get also and increase the price. 3 for 10.

Klyka

Banned
So is the quest to get the Boolean Gemini confirmed to be glitched? I did all the Taken War quests for Petra, did all the Wolves of Mars quests for Variks; went to speak to Petra but she never gave me the Lost and Found quest. I'm level 8 with her, so I know it's not that. I tried restarting my PS4, nothing. Is this thing on a timer, like the Elder Cypher?

Wait till next daily reset.

Samus4145

Fuck it taking 11:30 lunch today, i need dis before they fix it.... cause you know they will....

Just aim a rocket at the floor next to him. Kills both him and you.

phen0m24

egads why are people going to orbit

shoot Draksis with Ice Breaker 4 times in head
Walk up to Draksis with Rocket Launcher at "give me a hug" range
FIRE
PROFIT

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Gonna give this Draksis shit a shot. If I can get a Y2 Suros or Hawkmoon without dropping 150 marks, well, that would be lovely.

Jinjo

already have master race nightstalker exotic though.

but i still want the bones of eao

Shadowstep Helmet? Yeah, I'm gonna roll helmet engram first before I go dable in 3oC shenanigans. Does the helmet give shadowstep for Gunslingers/Bladedancers too btw? Would be amazing if it did.

Bones of Eao should have been a Y2 exotic instead of Knucklehead radar. Quadruple jumps with increased control please.

Deku Tree

No if you suicide after he dies you finish the mission no wipe.

Isn't rocket suicide+kill on Darksis from Scourge of Winter faster? No loading times in between

Probably.

Everybody's falling for Bungie's trickery. They're resetting the Strange Coin economy. 1-800-CASH4COIN

This is true though--the fact that engrams no longer need mote to buy says something.

-

2 Primary exotic engram. Now I will be counting until my next drop to see if this 5 coin thing is true. Someone said triplewreck was killing ultras and only popping a coin on the 5th kill.

Shito

Saved a video of how I do Draksis.
Will upload it after I end up my 100 ToC session.
Working good!

OHf4xNL.jpg

287 light. Unless I'm missing something seems like I'm purely at the mercy of waiting for drops with light higher then 290 so I can infuse. I do like this system as each drop could be useful however I am starting to see the benefit in the old system where I know if I grinded strikes for coins I was at least working towards something that was definite and not just rng based.

X-Frame

7 coins so far and absolutely nothing. Wonderful.

EDIT: 15 coins and nothing, the fuck? I'm following all the directions I don't get it.

phen0m24

Everybody's falling for Bungie's trickery. They're resetting the Strange Coin economy. 1-800-CASH4COIN

I really believe this, but we're all kind of taking a "let's see here smart loot" approach with these engrams and all.

I HAVE NOT GOTTEN 4TH HORSEMAN GAME BROKEN

DESTINY 2 PREORDER CANCELLED

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
They might lower the amount you get also and increase the price. 3 for 10.

That would still just directly fuck over everyone who couldn't play until tonight. I would hope Bungie would have a more elegant solution in mind, but it's Bungie so lol

Anyway, assuming this isn't nerfed into oblivion by over the next 8 hours or so, I think I'll hold off on buying the gloves until I use 10 or so Threes, just in case RNG tries to 'av a laff and give me an exotic glove engram.

Garryk

Got Y2 Celestial Nighthawk out of an engram. Is that one still decent or should I be aiming for the Nightstalker helm?

Top Bottom