• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT31| The Courted Oryx (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

Baliis

God the new Titan and Warlock supers are so over powered. Even a direct hit from the Nightstalker super won't kill a lock that already has stormcaller up, it barely even knocked out his shield.

anyone know if the quest "just a handful of bullets" leads to anything good?

it begins with 15 throwing knife kills in the crucible and its a pain in the ass

TheGentleman

Neo Member
Morning DGAF!

From what I've heard of this raid, I think I'll have to skip it for a bit until a more solid strategy is devised, as right now it sounds rather stressful and I may not have as much time to spend 4-6 hours on one boss in the near future. At the moment I'm level 291, haven't had a chance to do the nightfall yet though. Am I correct in assuming the best way to get to light 300 is just to continue doing CoO and Vanguard Heroic Strikes and decrypt the engrams I receive?

Still having a blast with this DLC though and I suppose not being able to do Oryx now will give me something to look forward to!

What weapons would you recommend levelling for Kings fall?

fuck this relic iron farming shit, seriously the drop rate is seriously low....

2h = 3 mats

The best way to farm is to get one of the legendary ghosts for relic iron and level it to the point you get the perk where engrams give materials. Then just go play the game. Do missions, strikes, etc on Mars and any time an engram drops you can get up to 5 mats a pop. No running around looking for material spawns required.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Morning DGAF!

From what I've heard of this raid, I think I'll have to skip it for a bit until a more solid strategy is devised, as right now it sounds rather stressful and I may not have as much time to spend 4-6 hours on one boss in the near future. At the moment I'm level 291, haven't had a chance to do the nightfall yet though. Am I correct in assuming the best way to get to light 300 is just to continue doing CoO and Vanguard Heroic Strikes and decrypt the engrams I receive?

Still having a blast with this DLC though and I suppose not being able to do Oryx now will give me something to look forward to!

What weapons would you recommend levelling for Kings fall?

Raid isn't really that bad. All of the strategies are out there. Just need teams to execute

EL CUCO

What are you saying? Warlocks are teh suck and titan fo life is our creed.
Had a Warlock electrocute my Titanic Flaming tush while I was busy throwing hammers at someone on the opposite side of the map. The dude killed me by chaining electric cheese through one of my teammates.

Ok thanks. are there better shotguns than invective for pvp then? i'm low on marks and materials and the exotics i have are those two.

Invective is fine, but you're probably better off filling your exotic slot with a primary. For shotguns I'm not to sure what is the best currently. The one you get at some point during a Vanguard questline is decent. Pretty much high impact and range is what you want for a shotgun.

Invective is fine, but you're probably better off filling your exotic slot with a primary. For shotguns I'm not to sure what is the best currently. The one you get at some point during a Vanguard questline is decent. Pretty much high impact and range is what you want for a shotgun.

Do you need any specific playlists?

Baliis

The best way to farm is to get one of the legendary ghosts for relic iron and level it to the point you get the perk where engrams give materials. Then just go play the game. Do missions, strikes, etc on Mars and any time an engram drops you can get up to 5 mats a pop. No running around looking for material spawns required.

He's talking about the Exotic sword quest. You have to loot material spawns for a chance at a rare spawn, and you need 10 of them. Spent like 4 hours on mars doing it, it blew.

another question sorry

can the strike specific gear drop in vanguard or is it only heroic? really want that psion flayer cloak

does heroic give better rewards? I've already gotten my marks from it for the week

todd360

I bought the hawksaw because praise the almighty hawk and I thought Suros might get me to change my mind about pulse rifles. I've played about 3 matches with it so far and I'm not sure if I like it. Feels bad man. Should have bought hakke auto rifle or something.

SheHateMe

I tortured myself all weekend long.

Had to go out of town on Friday, so I just jumped in and bought one ToC, the exotic gauntlets for the Hunter, and one engram from Xur.

Then I stayed reading GAF all weekend long.

Now I'm back home and I have no idea where to begin. Letting the future wife have the TV for a while until I figure out my next steps.

I finished the story and that's pretty much where I am. GAF, what do?

Top Bottom