• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT31| The Courted Oryx (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

Raid isn't really that bad. All of the strategies are out there. Just need teams to execute

It's tough if you want to do it blind. We did it that way and it was amazing. We spent a lot of time at certain spots but, as you said, execution is key.

Best gaming experience I've ever had. Amazing job by Bungie.

The best way to farm is to get one of the legendary ghosts for relic iron and level it to the point you get the perk where engrams give materials. Then just go play the game. Do missions, strikes, etc on Mars and any time an engram drops you can get up to 5 mats a pop. No running around looking for material spawns required.

I need me one of those, just don't know where I can get one.

That
golgoroth
my god, we got the strat just need dps

That guy is fucking disgusting. We got stopped there now because people had to leave, probably won't be able to take his ass to school this week.

Juraash

Alright guys, need some advice. I'm getting really close to being capped on marks and I'm not really sure what to buy with them. I'm 290 so armor and Ghost shells are either bought or not needed and my legendary weapon selection isn't too bad. I don't have very man exotics, weapon or armor that I feel like I should get the yr 2 version of.

I'm thinking Bad Juju, 4th Horseman or playing the loto with the cryptarch.

That's good to hear.
Just curious though, how long would you say the raid takes on average to finish from the start?

Depends on how you do it (blind vs looking up strategies) and how strong your team is. This is not farmable (yet) like the other raids are.

I don't think it will ever be farmable in the same way the others are.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
We're finally at the big bad. Something tells me we have no chance.

So far I got
Raid Ghost, Titan class item, and fusion rifle

Jinjo

GG,
Olgoroth
, GG. (Raid boss spoiler)

That enrage timer is so strict. The DPS you need is pretty insane. But there's always next week.

Thanks to all the people I played with, it's been good doing a solid raid again. Real good.

ich00

Morning DGAF!

From what I've heard of this raid, I think I'll have to skip it for a bit until a more solid strategy is devised, as right now it sounds rather stressful and I may not have as much time to spend 4-6 hours on one boss in the near future. At the moment I'm level 291, haven't had a chance to do the nightfall yet though. Am I correct in assuming the best way to get to light 300 is just to continue doing CoO and Vanguard Heroic Strikes and decrypt the engrams I receive?

Still having a blast with this DLC though and I suppose not being able to do Oryx now will give me something to look forward to!

What weapons would you recommend levelling for Kings fall?

I'm feeling the same way. I had a ground Friday night but had to bail cause of RL stuffs and haven't had any luck getting a group toghter later Friday or yesterday. I know it's all of 48 hours since it opened, but I didn't have a problem getting into crota or PoE when they launched. DLC is awesome tho and there's plenty to keep me busy.

That all being said, if you want to just go in to see what the raid looks like, I might be trying to get a group together either tonight or tomorrow night (probably around 930 EST) one more time.

Raid isn't really that bad. All of the strategies are out there. Just need teams to execute

Yes, all the bosses have mechanics that are easy to understand once you wipe a time or two. It's just executing what you need to do perfectly. There is just a very small margin of error in all the encounters. One screw up is a wipe in most cases.

Phear

GG,
Olgoroth

That enrage timer is so strict. The DPS you need is pretty insane. But there's always next week.

Thanks to all the people I played with, it's been good doing a solid raid again. Real good.

Has been great fun, thanks again. I won't be there tomorrow, but i'd like to hop in for a new run next week :)

inthrall

He's talking about the Exotic sword quest. You have to loot material spawns for a chance at a rare spawn, and you need 10 of them. Spent like 4 hours on mars doing it, it blew.

Yeah, I spent three hours doing it on Earth... The best tips I can give are to equip any exotics that reduce ability cooldowns, buy the ghost that lets you detect spinmetal, and equip a sniper to zoom around the level (it increases the detection radius on the ghost when you scope)

Yes, all the bosses have mechanics that are easy to understand once you wipe a time or two. It's just executing what you need to do perfectly. There is just a very small margin of error in all the encounters. One screw up is a wipe in most cases.

You figured out all the strats in one or two wipes?

File that under things I don't believe.

Marvel

could never
GG,
Olgoroth

Had a blast as always, next time we'll get his fat ass lol

If you had the dps for
warpriest
, this should be easier. Otherwise, your strat might be off.

Our strat

Clear mobs first. Then have two people dedicated to drawing the gaze. As they took it in turns to draw gaze as timer ran out, other 4 players were down in pit. Would drop an orb each time gaze would shift. Also used Motes of Light and Tether to up DPS. Once 6 orbs dropped, rinse repeat.

If we'd had a flawless run we wouldve had it, unfortunately it was the type of run where one minor fuck up meant we wouldn't get it done in time.

You figured out all the strats in one or two wipes?

File that under things I don't believe.

It's a exaggeration obviously, but it's the execution more so than figuring out what to do. That's all I was trying to say. I wasn't stuck on the second boss yesterday for hours because we as a group didn't know what to do. We knew, but the execution wasn't there.

Klyka

Banned
Anyone want to kill Oryx for me real quick?

I got 296 light now and it would be a pretty sweet end to the weekend.
Sad I couldn't be there with my fireteam :(

Top Bottom