• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT31| The Courted Oryx (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

Our strat

Clear mobs first. Then have two people dedicated to drawing the gaze. As they took it in turns to draw gaze as timer ran out, other 4 players were down in pit. Would drop an orb each time gaze would shift. Also used Motes of Light and Tether to up DPS. Once 6 orbs dropped, rinse repeat.

If we'd had a flawless run we wouldve had it, unfortunately it was the type of run where one minor fuck up meant we wouldn't get it done in time.

I think you're probably close. This was actually the easiest fight for us in the raid. We struggled much harder with
warpriest
for whatever reason.

Where are your gazers standing? We had one all the way in the back of the room, mostly stationary, and one up front rotating between orbs. Back guy takes gaze, orb goes down, front guy takes it as soon as orb is down. Four guys in pit do their thing. As soon as front guy timer is low, back guy takes it as next orb goes down and front guy takes it right back immediately.

Basically the back guy should only be holding it a couple seconds before front guy grabs it right back for the full duration of the timer. Rinse and repeat. We had him down in 6 orbs.

Hope that helps a bit.

Could all the
Oryx
beaters post their strats?

We have the strat down but had to disperse for the day for real life stuff.

We figured it out after quite a few wipes so don't be discouraged, it's fairly complex. We have since confirmed we were right by looking it up. Rather than me type out a paragraph, Check out
Dattos you tube video.

Zocano

Welcome back, Vision

CPYDNatVEAAccZy.jpg:large

MrDaravon

Hey Reign if you see this sorry I never responded to your PSN message, I got it right when my wife was getting on to play Until Dawn which I thought was going to be for a bit, but then she played it for 7 hours straight and I haven't been able to get on all day today either :(. I'd be down but I'm only 290, did the first few parts of the Raid but I don't think I'll be on at all today sadly.

Jinjo

I think you're probably close. This was actually the easiest fight for us in the raid. We struggled much harder with
warpriest
for whatever reason.

Where are your gazers standing? We had one all the way in the back of the room, mostly stationary, and one up front rotating between orbs. Back guy takes gaze, orb goes down, front guy takes it as soon as orb is down. Four guys in pit do their thing. As soon as front guy timer is low, back guy takes it as next orb goes down and front guy takes it right back immediately.

Basically the back guy should only be holding it a couple seconds before front guy grabs it right back for the full duration of the timer. Rinse and repeat. We had him down in 6 orbs.

Hope that helps a bit.

Wait so you only ever used the two orbs in the front? We were running through the entire 6 of them each run lol.

darthbob

Can someone help me out with fighting Striok the taken champ in the rocketyard?

I'm LL289 and keep getting my ass kicked by all the fucking taken captains and their goddamn flying bullshit bubbles.

PSN: darthbob100

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
warpriest
for whatever reason.

Hope that helps a bit.

Sounds easier than the method we used.

ocean

Banned
Could all the
Oryx
beaters post their strats?
Beyond the basic mechanics this was what made all the difference for us:

We made sure every DPS run on Oryx was buffed with WoL. It made staggering him 100% reliable and happened in just a few seconds. Then every "platform holder" ran out to detonate their bombs while the Runner + handyman stayed in the bubble shooting some ads. Rush back to WoL bubble and get some more DPS on Oryx.

After he stumbled, everyone had a designated zone for the running around part. Basically each platform holder would run circles around their respective platforms to avoid running into each other.

When he started teleporting people to fight the Echo, everyone moved up front to clean ads, making sure the teleported realm stayed as clean as possible. We three everything at the Echo since the timer is super strict in that part.

Then just go back to routine.

Without 300+ players, WoL during Oryx DPS makes an ENORMOUS difference. Probably not required but it definitely makes the fight a lot less frustrating.

What part of the fight is it that you're having trouble with? Is it staggering Oryx, dealing with ads or what?

Wait so you only ever used the two orbs in the front? We were running through the entire 6 of them each run lol.

No we used all of them. The dude in the back was staying back there but rotating to the left and right side of that back platform. Angles are such that he was still able to hit the dude in the back regardless of which orb we were on. He'd have to rotate the furthest left or right for the orbs that were closest to him in order to see the bad guy's back.

Shito

Just got my Ace of Spades.
Managed to not spoil myself its look nor perks, and more than pleasantly surprised: this looks good!
Not too sad I had to sacrifice my oooold The Devil You Know to get it quicker... :p

Top Bottom