• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT31| The Courted Oryx (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

LkPr

You should be doing the exploit alone since the mission will be completed if even one of your fireteam member is alive.

at gate lord after the kill u can go to orbit right away and then go back in. Not sure if killing or doing orbit is faster.

You should be doing the exploit alone since the mission will be completed if even one of your fireteam member is alive.

That's for scourge, with gate lord the trick is to go to orbit right when you down the ultra. It is a bit more time consuming travel wise but you dont deal with trash mobs.

Cuco Im grabbing the CP real quick, nvm my alt doesn't even have it. Damn one second I need to take a business meeting call anyway sorry bro

EL CUCO

My controller trackpad is sticky. I hope I pressed it fast enough to go to orbit. . .

Also got an exotic chest engram on my 6th kill in a row from my last drop

Cuco making you leader since you should still have it

We can go there, send it back to me, then we wipe real quick (since I know you are on vita--i think)
Yup Vita stylin lol

Edit: Nooo lost CP :(

Sanke__

Can somebody please explain the 3 of coins trick/ best way to farm exotic engrams

Don't have time to look through thread
I have extremely limited time to play today and need to maximize it before they patch it

Thank you

They better not hotfix this before I get home from work today. People are gonna have all the non-quest exotics on day 1 of Xur. Crazy.

Seriously
I'll be fucking pissed

image.png

Not bad for two days. Good luck to everyone raiding today. I don't know when the hell I'll even get to it.

Jarate

Banned
And for those wondering, I got 6 exotic engram's with about 25 or so coins, bought the rest as even if this method will be nerfed with spawns, still will be useful at the end of Vanguard Heroic Strikes

I'm up to 267 light level right now. Hoping by next I'll get the exotic sword (might actually keep it legendary) and be able to do the raid. Last time I ran a raid with GAF it was a horrid experience, but that was right at launch time with VOG hopefully the community will be a little nicer :p

Also, if you're looking for money, I just sold all my dead currency at the class item salesman, got 8000 glimmer. But glimmer has been really hard to come by.

neoism

so i did the winter mission and wasted 6 coins....

so i did it 6 times no luck...
no sure if i want to waste anymore only have 19.....

my luck with this game just keeps on keepin... tried to get clash wins ...4 games later 0

i really dont underfucking stand why i have to get on e shitty team
every time.. like every single time with out fail..

😭

Afrocious

Wait a second, so you use the Three of Coins before killing the Ultra obviously. But what do you do when the Ultra doesn't drop an exotic?

jaaz

Got the Impossible Machines and then bought two helmet engrams. Got Light beyond Nemesis and THE STAG. Awesome day! May try for Obsidian Mind later, but I'm more than happy with the results.

Sorry Glam and Cuco I need to take a call and wont be able to focus. Im going to run through both the scourge and gate lord for the CP but I will be doing it at a slow pace

:(

Just saw the invite joining

Jarate

Banned
Wait a second, so you use the Three of Coins before killing the Ultra obviously. But what do you do when the Ultra doesn't drop an exotic?

Pop another one. The more you use in succession without getting a drop, the more likely a drop will appear

neoism

This is so stupid, haha.
I've got Draksis down pat now, I'm racking up exotic engrams.
I'm debating on how low I should cut my stack of coins on this thing... :D

how many times do you do it before he drops one?

so the buff goes away once you die right...
i used a coins killed him and me at same time.... respawn use coin repeat...?
right

Which is a better for the stag warlock helm?

Dis/str: super energy from darkness kills and replenish health from orb pickup

OR

Int/dis: super energy from MELEE kills and bonus MELEE energy on orb pickup

Anybody have an opinion on these helmets?

Also what's the consensus on the warlock gauntlets xur is selling?

Shito

how many times do you do it before he drops one?

so the buff goes away once you die right...
i used a coins killed him and me at same time.... respawn use coin repeat...?
right
The buff goes away when you kill an ultra. Dying with him is just to keep the checkpoint and retry right away.
I seem to get one exotic once every 5~7 ToC at the moment.

Jinjo

Pop another and do it again. The buff got used the second you killed the Ultra, just shit outta luck it didn't net you an exotic. The only thing it now gives you is that the next 3oC you use will have a (slightly) higher chance of an exotic. This effect can stack multiple times (so 3 dud 3oC will continue to stack on your chance for an exotic engram on the next 3oC you use). However, absolutely do NOT use multiple coins at the same time.

I should really be focusing on this research protocol I'm writing instead of Destiny science lol.

j-wood

Wait, do you guys use more than 1 at a time? I thought it read that the buff stacked if you used it, didn't get an exotic, then the next time you used one you had a higher chance.

Nevermind, answered above me :)

After a year of getting probably 3 engram exotics, I've just got Y2 Hawkmoon and Telesto in the space of 10 minutes!

Also got a few helmets and chest pieces. Drop rate with 3 of coins has been roughly 1 in 5 for me.

Top Bottom