• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT31| The Courted Oryx (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

Beyond the basic mechanics this was what made all the difference for us:

We made sure every DPS run on Oryx was buffed with WoL. It made staggering him 100% reliable and happened in just a few seconds. Then every "platform holder" ran out to detonate their bombs while the Runner + handyman stayed in the bubble shooting some ads. Rush back to WoL bubble and get some more DPS on Oryx.

After he stumbled, everyone had a designated zone for the running around part. Basically each platform holder would run circles around their respective platforms to avoid running into each other.

When he started teleporting people to fight the Echo, everyone moved up front to clean ads, making sure the teleported realm stayed as clean as possible. We three everything at the Echo since the timer is super strict in that part.

Then just go back to routine.

Without 300+ players, WoL during Oryx DPS makes an ENORMOUS difference. Probably not required but it definitely makes the fight a lot less frustrating.

What part of the fight is it that you're having trouble with? Is it staggering Oryx, dealing with ads or what?

A gunslinger with celestial nighthawk staggers him as well.

Waldini

GAF, is there ANY way to rank up the Queens reputation faster?

Because, only 2 are available at Petra :(

Any tips? Or am i missing something?

Jinjo

No we used all of them. The dude in the back was staying back there but rotating to the left and right side of that back platform. Angles are such that he was still able to hit the dude in the back regardless of which orb we were on. He'd have to rotate the furthest left or right for the orbs that were closest to him in order to see the bad guy's back.

Hmm, then we did a similar tactic, except our gazers were constantly moving in symmetry to another. (Back right vs front left, mid left vs mid right) I guess we lost a lot of DPS by not adding a step to push the gaze back for a second to give time to drop the droplets for max DPS potential. We just kept going from one to the other.

KxoZz

Could all the
Oryx
beaters post their strats?

Pick 1 person for each pillar and 1 Relic runner. After killing the adds and the knights at the beginning, each pillar guy runs to their respective pillar. Oryx slams his fist on one of the pillars, relic runner gets on that pillar FIRST followed closely by the respective pillar guy. Then the rest of the pillar guys get on top of their pillars in counterclockwise order. This is very important. Order is wrong = wipe.
While the relic runner is jumping plattforms to get the relic the pillar guys kill the Light Eater Ogres OPPOSITE them. This is easier due to better line of sight. Use snipers to sunlock and then switch to primaries. Ogres spawn black Orbs when they die. DO NOT STEP IN THESE YET. When the relic runner says he has the relic, he steals the bubble from the Vessel of Oryx that spawns and all the pillar guys who have killed their ogre run to mid to kill the Vessel of Oryx (Yellow Knight). Get ready to DPS Oryx. Oryx will slam his fist again and then he will open his chest for a wipe attack. SHOOT HIS CHEST WITH EVERYTHING YOU'VE GOT GOGOGOGOGO. Weapons of Light helps. If done right you should stun him. When he is stunned, each pillar guy runs to the Orb their respective Ogre spawned and stands in that until their name shows up obove the super bar ("[name] has detonated an Orb of Light" something like that). Then run back to the bubble to further DPS Oryx. That should be about 20-30% damage done.
Next phase just run run run. Oryx sends Death rays after you and you need to run away. If anyone is dead, the reviving can wait until this phase is done. Do this agian once more.
If you did enough DPS in 2 rounds Oryx will create a Blight and will teleport people into it. 1 guy will get teleported every 8 seconds. Inside you have to kill a Shade of Oryx. You will habe about 1:30 mins to do this. If done successfully you will be transported out again and you repeat. At 1% health Oryx will move to where he appears at the beginning and will charge his attack again. SHOOT HIM UNTIL HE'S DEAD.

Frenden

Banned
Got a 296 Suros AR with Perfect Balance, Handlaid, and Rangefinder that is like a laser with tons of range. Shame ARs are so middling. Great roll.

ZeroEdge

Anyone around to help with the daily heroic story I'm trying to get stuff done so I can gear up my titan but it's not working so well solo :(. If anyone's up for it add Zeoedge on PSN and MSG me.

X-Frame

As a Titan, I picked the wrong damn sword to upgrade into an exotic.

One of the final steps requires dealing damage with the chosen element and picking up the necessary planetary material.

Void is Relic Iron, and Mars (at least to me) is the worst for material farming. Can't be chests either, HAS to be the actual planetary material.

Second, now I have to do tons of void damage, which means as a Defender I don't have a Super to use to get lots of damage at once. FML.

Definitely going Solar next time.

Damn this fight...
Wiped about 5 times with Oryx at 2-3% health. So annoying that you get teleported and immediately get rekt by the Echo and his sword.
One death screws over the whole run especially without Weapons of Light. Also special ammo synth is the new heavy ammo synth.

Called it a night for today. I'm glad that we have all the strats for the other bosses down.

Anastasis

I haven't really taken that much time with my alts up to this point. But now that the daily is cycling through parts of the story that I am actually on with my alts, it is a beautiful thing! I get 15 legendary marks to play through part of the main story quest that I need anyways (albeit a bit tougher as a heoric).

gatti-man

Need one more for oryx sisters. All 5 of us have done it before message gatti-man on psn. If you hurry you can get the secret chest before it too

Mindlog

It's fun learning all the roles through the raid. I may be the only one, but I really enjoy (end raid spoiler - avoid at all casts)
racing for the Relic during Oryx. Warlock Glide is so majestic. Then you land and get to use your sword!

Played Rift daily came in first and won :D
Was rewarded with a baby Hawkmoon.

lD8VWVx.jpg
Eyasluna
One day, young hawk, thou shalt sail beneath the silvered moon.

I believe it was meant for someone else.

Top Bottom