• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT31| The Courted Oryx (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

Damn this fight...
Wiped about 5 times with Oryx at 2-3% health. So annoying that you get teleported and immediately get rekt by the Echo and his sword.
One death screws over the whole run especially without Weapons of Light. Also special ammo synth is the new heavy ammo synth.

Called it a night for today. I'm glad that we have all the strats for the other bosses down.

You guys were doing great. Just need
a little more consistent dps on oryx
to prevent the wipe.

Strider

I love just how useful Hunters have become in PvE.

Nightstalker is so amazing man. Shadowshot
mayatomr_gdlk.gif
mayatomr_gdlk.gif

Strider

Next big thing I need to do is tier 3 CoO. Still no antiquated rune tho.

Plus it's gonna be difficult to get a group of people in there to do it :/

Hey guys I'm new to Destiny and have a question.

I'm a hunter at level 40 and light level 265 and all of my armor are legendary and exotic. I've been getting a ton of legendary drops today, (about 4 or 5 legendary armor gear) and I was wondering if I can put them in the vault and give them to my Level 27 Titan. I received one legendary helmet exclusively for warlock as well, so I'm guessing that's exclusive to a warlock. If I can't and its lower in defense stat, should I just dismantle it like I've been doing with rare or uncommon armor that are weaker than my current gear?

I got a ton of legendary weapon drops too, so I was wondering if I can do that as well. You could say I'm having a very lucky day. I got around 10-15 legendary drops just in 4-5 hours today.

Best wishes.

It's fun learning all the roles through the raid. I may be the only one, but I really enjoy (end raid spoiler - avoid at all casts)
racing for the Relic during Oryx. Warlock Glide is so majestic. Then you land and get to use your sword!

Played Rift daily came in first and won :D
Was rewarded with a baby Hawkmoon.

lD8VWVx.jpg
Eyasluna
One day, young hawk, thou shalt sail beneath the silvered moon.

I believe it was meant for someone else.

Damn, that's a good looking hand cannon. Might have to spend some time in the Crucible.

Deku Tree

As a Titan, I picked the wrong damn sword to upgrade into an exotic.

One of the final steps requires dealing damage with the chosen element and picking up the necessary planetary material.

Void is Relic Iron, and Mars (at least to me) is the worst for material farming. Can't be chests either, HAS to be the actual planetary material.

Second, now I have to do tons of void damage, which means as a Defender I don't have a Super to use to get lots of damage at once. FML.

Definitely going Solar next time.

Get a relic iron sensing ghost from somewhere... Will make it much easier.

Wallach

I have 199 marks...is there any vendor gear that's a must have?

Mostly I feel like the Vanguard Ghost Shell is the best option. After that, doesn't feel like it. I wound up buying a pair of Vanguard gloves just to get the AR reload that I couldn't find on random drops. Otherwise I'd either look at a year 2 blueprint purchase or maybe a Cryptarch engram just to keep your marks from capping.

kiri

Japanese TTK preorder people - did you get your Suros items? I preordered my copy on the PSN store but have yet to receive anything :/

Namikaze1

I did it by playing as an absolute pussyassuselesstomyteambitch lol.
I completed mine after getting so pissed at seeing the percentage dropping after every match. During my twelfth match, I died 3 times before going into beast mode and hitting a 16 killstreak. It took 15 kills (8 of which were super kills, 3 rocket kills, 3 shotgun kills, and 1 melee kill) to complete. In that one match, I realized how OP Sunbreaker Titans are.

I recorded that freaking match too. One guy ended up sending me a hate message afterwards.

Wallach

I completed mine after getting so pissed at seeing the percentage dropping after every match. During my twelfth match, I died 3 times before going into beast mode and hitting a 16 killstreak. It took 15 kills (8 of which were super kills, 3 rocket kills, 3 shotgun kills, and 1 melee kill) to complete. In that one match, I realized how OP Sunbreaker Titans are.

It does seem kind of ridiculous in PvP, even as a guy that only plays Titan. The only thing you really have to watch out for at all is Nightstalkers to try and avoid getting nullified. For extra comedy, get one of the armors that has bonus Armor while playing a Solar subclass.

Deku Tree

I have 199 marks...is there any vendor gear that's a must have?

The 280 ghost from the Vanguard is a must. It detects the dreadnaught planetary material. Or buy a legendary armor engram for 60 from the cryptarch and give it to one of your alts to help them level up faster. Be aware that the two Cryptarchs sell different legendary engrams.

I did that. My Titan is at 280 after merely finishing the main story because of infusion with my warlocks stuff.

BreakJohn

Hey DGAF, is there a compiled list of all the exotic quest yet(and possibly their reward and steps required)?

There is so much to do in this dlc quest wise and each exotic quest is definitely a challenge to say the least its really intimidating to even start a quest. i feel like sorting through a list and doing them one by one would ease a lot of tension.

Siege.exe

Does anyone else find the quest line you have to go through to unlock the weekly crucible bounties to be a bit too excessive? I mean, I love playing PvP, but there's a LOT of stuff you have to do before you can even get to the good stuff, not even mentioning having to go play modes/use weapons you dislike just to complete parts of the quests.

Does anyone else find the quest line you have to go through to unlock the weekly crucible bounties to be a bit too excessive? I mean, I love playing PvP, but there's a LOT of stuff you have to do before you can even get to the good stuff, not even mentioning having to go play modes/use weapons you dislike just to complete parts of the quests.

It would be better if you get all the crucible sidequest from different sources at the same time, I think you get a tutorial crucible quest, a weekly side quest, the chaperone sidequest and another zavala crucible sidequest.

Wallach

The 280 ghost from the Vanguard is a must. It detects the dreadnaught planetary material. Or buy a legendary armor engram for 60 from the cryptarch and give it to one of your alts to help them level up faster. Be aware that the two Cryptarchs sell different legendary engrams.

The real star of that shell is the other perk, which gives you Wormspore every time you loot any engram on the Dreadnaught. I have over 500 Wormspore and I have only ever pressed square on an actual node 4 times. Forget actually looking for the stuff.

I'd recommend a ghost to get your light level up as they drop less than other items.

Wait for a heavy ammo drop to equip it

280 ghost from Vanguard and the vanguard magnum that have fatebringer perks

Mostly I feel like the Vanguard Ghost Shell is the best option. After that, doesn't feel like it. I wound up buying a pair of Vanguard gloves just to get the AR reload that I couldn't find on random drops. Otherwise I'd either look at a year 2 blueprint purchase or maybe a Cryptarch engram just to keep your marks from capping.

Thanks! The ghost was the first thing I bought, totally worth it. I'm in the 290s depending on load out, so it's all about optimization now. I have sniper reload on my current gloves, but auto is tempting. How does the mini FB hold up with the HC nerf?

Top Bottom