• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT31| The Courted Oryx (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

Namikaze1

It does seem kind of ridiculous in PvP, even as a guy that only plays Titan. The only thing you really have to watch out for at all is Nightstalkers to try and avoid getting nullified. For extra comedy, get one of the armors that has bonus Armor while playing a Solar subclass.
I have the perk that gives me health after each kill equipped. That perk saved my life in this encounter and kept my streak going:

http://youtu.be/lwmLI6amKNQ

Deku Tree

The real star of that shell is the other perk, which gives you Wormspore every time you loot any engram on the Dreadnaught. I have over 500 Wormspore and I have only ever pressed square on an actual node 4 times. Forget actually looking for the stuff.

Oh wow I gotta start using that...

Thanks! The ghost was the first thing I bought, totally worth it. I'm in the 290s depending on load out, so it's all about optimization now. I have sniper reload on my current gloves, but auto is tempting. How does the mini FB hold up with the HC nerf?

I can't really recommend any of the handcannons. The only vendor weapon I have that I like is apple of discord, the Vanguard pulse rifle.

The 280 ghost from the Vanguard is a must. It detects the dreadnaught planetary material. Or buy a legendary armor engram for 60 from the cryptarch and give it to one of your alts to help them level up faster. Be aware that the two Cryptarchs sell different legendary engrams.

I did that. My Titan is at 280 after merely finishing the main story because of infusion with my warlocks stuff.

Engram for my titan! Great idea deku.

Strider

nightstalker was amazing until i went into pvp and played against stormcallers and sunbreakers.

it's always the other classes that get all the bull perks.

When I used Shadowshot on a SunBreaker using Hammer and he turned, killed me and kept running like nothing fuckin happened...................ok then Bungie.

Thanks! The ghost was the first thing I bought, totally worth it. I'm in the 290s depending on load out, so it's all about optimization now. I have sniper reload on my current gloves, but auto is tempting. How does the mini FB hold up with the HC nerf?

Like a market toy, kinda usefull when you dont have any good legendary in that spot, you can also use the marks for infusions later one for ascending gear to 296 and your sword

When I used Shadowshot on a SunBreaker using Hammer and he turned, killed me and kept running like nothing fuckin happened...................ok then Bungie.

Sounds like part for the course. Hammer Bros are nearly invincible while having ranged supers that kill in one shot and can be used four or five times. Very balanced.

Mindlog

Does anyone else find the quest line you have to go through to unlock the weekly crucible bounties to be a bit too excessive? I mean, I love playing PvP, but there's a LOT of stuff you have to do before you can even get to the good stuff, not even mentioning having to go play modes/use weapons you dislike just to complete parts of the quests.
I thought so at first. However, it's probably OK to have quests that take a very long time. I may or may not finish on one character before reset. No big deal.

because i already have all the exotics i want :kap

Namikaze1

Dammit. Gonna have to waste the stuff I was saving for when I start the sword quest on my other two guardians. This is far more important anyway.

Does anyone else find the quest line you have to go through to unlock the weekly crucible bounties to be a bit too excessive? I mean, I love playing PvP, but there's a LOT of stuff you have to do before you can even get to the good stuff, not even mentioning having to go play modes/use weapons you dislike just to complete parts of the quests.
It was a bit lengthy but I think it's a decent introduction to the various aspects of the Crucible for new players. I just need to complete the daily tomorrow and I will have finished all the weekly bounties. Intrigued to see what the "Nightfall-like" rewards will be

WipedOut

At Golgotha, have tried several times with different teams and still have yet to make it past his fat ass, anyone want to give it a go tonight? XB1 Wipedout

Wallach

Really? Every time I have been hit with Shadowshot while super was active, it immediately ended my super.

Admodieus

Got to Oryx with a pub team but we didn't have the light to finish him off. Anybody got a spot on their team or have a team that wants the checkpoint? I'm a 294 titan

As a Titan, I picked the wrong damn sword to upgrade into an exotic.

One of the final steps requires dealing damage with the chosen element and picking up the necessary planetary material.

Void is Relic Iron, and Mars (at least to me) is the worst for material farming. Can't be chests either, HAS to be the actual planetary material.

Second, now I have to do tons of void damage, which means as a Defender I don't have a Super to use to get lots of damage at once. FML.

Definitely going Solar next time.

Buy a ghost that shows relic iron nodes. Now you're a relic iron finding expert.

1000 Yard Stare is pretty fantastic.

Got that out of a leg engram earlier and it hits like a truck, ive infused it to 297, once/if I get some decent boots I'll be good for Oyrx

I've maxed my marks and the lack of a decent machine gun is making me lean towards a Y2 thunderlord, though that means giving up the supercell/Suros slot if anyone's maxed the cell go into the abyss and see how many times you have to reload

ViciousDS

Banned
Alright GAF, did the nightfall and completed the quest. I'm assuming I should take the 300 fusion rifle as the shotgun is as slow as molasses?

Shito

Got that out of a leg engram earlier and it hits like a truck, ive infused it to 297, once/if I get some decent boots I'll be good for Oyrx

I've maxed my marks and the lack of a decent machine gun is making me lean towards a Y2 thunderlord, though that means giving up the supercell/Suros slot if anyone's maxed the cell go into the abyss and see how many times you have to reload
Ruin Wake with a good roll is pretty good I find.
Don't know if a vendor has it though, got mine popping from a blue engram.

I have a 288 Titan. If that's good enough, I'll join.

when are you guys starting? as soon as you have six?

I can help out as well.

Will join you guys. Got a Oryx checkpoint but idk where you guys are starting.

Well not sure where Zoba is. Don't have him on my Friends list but.

Oyrx:
1. EverydayMath

We've been posting here for the last 30 minutes looking for people. We need one more. Can someone join us please?

Top Bottom