• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT31| The Courted Oryx (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

neoism

doubt ill get a reply but is anyone playing crucible right now...

after a long and fucking brutal way through the insanely long crucible quest line im at te final one and it will probably kill me....

get 9 points win= 3 starting a new game cost 1 point...
its 4 wins in a row to not make it aggravating ....

anyone want to play please

psn ne0ism-

i have the worst luck with wins in a row with randoms.. ��������

i swear these quest are fucking RUINING pvp... ive gone in like 25 games on the fucking losing side, also every single combined arms game has never been at the start.. why cant there be a option to pick I want my pvp games at the start is that sooo hard bungie is it REALLY
so anyone thats playing crucible please invite me or join

Deku Tree

That PoE 28 speed run coin farm as a level 40 with decent light levels is real. Way faster than the old weekly used to be, and randomized, and its unlimited. In b4 Bungie nerfs it.

Raybunny

Happy about this weekend.

Titan 300
Hunter 297

Oryx is no longer a threat and is in lockdown. Time to focus on Eris bounties + Malice.

the disparity between the the amount and types of posts in the Gaming Side OT vs the Community thread is pretty striking. Casual newbies questions and complaints vs "welp just farmed strange coins at level 28 PoE" "Need 1 more 290+ for Oryx CP" "Titan light level 300, Oryx aint shit lol"

neoism

Could we please have skill based team balancing?

you know the week before ttk i seen that thing after a game if the other team or yours owns the other is said some message about finding better balance or something not sure what it said but i haven't seen that since launch..
balanced matchmaking is a fucking joke in this game your either on the team that owns face or you lose by 5-9k points...

That PoE 28 speed run coin farm as a level 40 with decent light levels is real. Way faster than the old weekly used to be, and randomized, and its unlimited. In b4 Bungie nerfs it.

Might do this later. Need to get my coins back up. I spent every last one on 3oC this week. Totally worth it though.

Mupod

296 right now, my best blue is 299. Do blue items greater than 300 light exist or is gearing up past 300 going to require raid items? I don't mind that the progression system has slowed down dramatically past 290, but as long as I can KEEP progressing without relying on weekly drops it's fine. I mean, I am literally wearing a piece of raid armor right now so I shouldn't complain, I'm just curious.

What perks setup is everyone else running on their supercells?

Rifled barrel seems too good not to use so I've been running that. I don't know if aggressive ballistics is worth it for PVE but it seemed fine for PVP.

Wallach

296 right now, my best blue is 299. Do blue items greater than 300 light exist or is gearing up past 300 going to require raid items? I don't mind that the progression system has slowed down dramatically past 290, but as long as I can KEEP progressing without relying on weekly drops it's fine.

As far as I know blues only go up to 300 light. Once you are at 300 light though, exotic engrams have a pretty high chance at decoding at 310 light instead of 290. Not sure if legendaries will break the 300 mark at that point yet.

Yep.

My mind was blown because I thought Shadowshot's main draw for crucible was shutting down other supers with ease. I got rekt.

whwat happened when i looked over the clip was that it looked like the sunbreaker had an overshield immediately after popping their super. so the shadowshot didn't even dent them.

i think if it's a direct hit, it doesn't disable the super. the tether on the other hand should disable any super once it comes into effect.

it sucks though because it takes a long time to cast. i was above a stormcaller and shot a shadowshot behind them. before the tether even touched them, they became aware of my presence, turned and looked in the air, and one hit killed me with thunderstrike.

straight up bullshit.

Deku Tree

I can't get to overcharge 3 (or overcharge 1 lol) by myself. Watched several videos. It looks easy on citadel with a team of three. Patrol mission doesn't seem to change no matter how many you have with you. I might be looking for a team later on.
I want that fast trick sparrow lol.

Cruxist

It's funny how the new light system has changed how I view loot. I'm much more interested in purples over exotics. I'm 294 right now and I really don't want to cash any purples in until I break 295. I feel like I'll have better rolls if I wait.

It's funny how the new light system has changed how I view loot. I'm much more interested in purples over exotics. I'm 294 right now and I really don't want to cash any purples in until I break 295. I feel like I'll have better rolls if I wait.

Ha. Ditto. I actually don't want the exotic sword. I want to roll with that baby and an exotic primary equipped.

phen0m24

Sean just put:

Starting NF! If you need one or would be kind enough to help please join on

PSN: (your name here)

Trying to make GAF friends. Help a dude out.

(something to that effect)

Raybunny

I can't get to overcharge 3 (or overcharge 1 lol) by myself. Watched several videos. It looks easy on citadel with a team of three. Patrol mission doesn't seem to change no matter how many you have with you. I might be looking for a team later on.

I did it in the "dregboat" outside the CoO room.

Mupod

I did it first try with timebreaker in the first area of Mars. I actually made it to 4 I think.

Any of the Vanguard legendary weapons good?

I'm in need of primary and secondary mostly. I have all blues and I'm struggling hard to get any weapons.

I have 120 legendary marks so tomorrow (after dailies) I'll be able to get either a primary engram at cryptarch for 135 marks or buy something from quartermaster for 150 marks. Any suggestions?

I'm at 273 light with these crappy weapons:
zVfAlO5.png

SnakeEyes

Banned
Any experienced GAFers who may be wanting to run the Kings Fall raid on their atls, able to let me come with them? I've gotten as far as the Warpriest (still have the checkpoint if that matters) but this is my last chance to do the Raid before I go back to work and weekly reset.

PSN: Kurt-Niisan

I have a 292 Stormcaller, but can swap to Sunsinger for revives.

Shito

I'm in need of primary and secondary mostly. I have all blues and I'm struggling hard to get any weapons.

I have 120 legendary marks so tomorrow (after dailies) I'll be able to get either a primary engram at cryptarch for 135 marks or buy something from quartermaster for 150 marks. Any suggestions?

zVfAlO5.png
The "1000 yard stare" sniper rifle is a pretty good investment.

TheGentleman

Neo Member
I'm feeling the same way. I had a ground Friday night but had to bail cause of RL stuffs and haven't had any luck getting a group toghter later Friday or yesterday. I know it's all of 48 hours since it opened, but I didn't have a problem getting into crota or PoE when they launched. DLC is awesome tho and there's plenty to keep me busy.

That all being said, if you want to just go in to see what the raid looks like, I might be trying to get a group together either tonight or tomorrow night (probably around 930 EST) one more time.

Have to agree with you about the dlc having plenty to keep me busy and thanks for the offer but sadly the time won't work with my timezone since it would be around 1:30 am here.
That being said I wish you all the best in the raid and hope you succeed :)

Is this for the 'make the vanguard smile quest?' I found it easiest to do on earth patrol in the mothyards since it seems that they spawn on a cycle and you can make a rather easy pattern from it, If you don't get it at first just keep at it. When I did it I managed to get to overcharge level 6 solo.

Wish I could help more but I'm away from the ps4 at the moment but I hope this helps ^^

Been thinking about this, As I need strange coins. Do you need a key for the chest at the end or just the small chests? and how many coins can you get with this method?

----

*also forgot to mention Big thanks to Church RvB and everyday math for helping me complete the Court of Oryx tier 3 the other day despite me not being 290! ^^

zVfAlO5.png

Apple of Discord and 1000 yard stare.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone wanna help me kill Stirok in Rocketyards? I can't solo him and no matter how many times I zone in and out, the game won't put me in a zone with other people. PSN: ultrajari. Help would be very much appreciated!

REINEGAO

Neo Member
Starting NF! If you need one or would be kind enough to help please join on

XONE GAMERTAG: REINEGAO666

Trying to make GAF friends. Help a dude out.

Top Bottom