• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT31| The Courted Oryx (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

you know the week before ttk i seen that thing after a game if the other team or yours owns the other is said some message about finding better balance or something not sure what it said but i haven't seen that since launch..
balanced matchmaking is a fucking joke in this game your either on the team that owns face or you lose by 5-9k points...

Yeah they break up matches after blowouts, but I agree there's not much balancing to begin with. I wish they would use trueskill and assign people to teams based on that.

I have a "threads upon stats" scout that I'm in love with,but I really need a good shorty to pair it with.

I'm not sure what shotguns are good, but I know you get a good one from completing some Vanguard quests. I think the strike questline.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
I'm not sure what shotguns are good, but I know you get a good one from completing some Vanguard quests. I think the strike questline.

Conspiracy-Theory D is a really good shotgun depending on the perks. I have one with Rangefinder that does work in PvP and one with full auto that wrecks in PvE. I used Melting Point and emptied 6 rounds (the whole clip) into one of the Shield Brothers on normal mode while someone else was swording him and we made him retreat immediately after his first landing, it was sick.

Also, random Q: Has anyone tried doing the "mystery bounty" on every planet? I'm wondering if it unlocks something.

I saw you dorks REALCZK??? WHO'S THAT SLACKER? ;) raiding. How'd it go?

We are at
Oryx
. Surprisingly well so far. We figured out the mechanics of it but had to stop early today because of a few real life responsibilities. We will have him down tomorrow night.

And yes, we brought the PvP King back from the dead. Can't wait until private matches are hopefully brought to reality by Bungie. things will get bad for a few shit talkers around here ;)

For people who have multiple characters--are you doing ALL of the quests on every character?

Haven't really dug into my alts yet, but absolutely not. Way too much tedious crap to do. I'll be doing the main story missions and probably the sword and CoO missions. Oh, and the gunsmith missions.

Deku Tree

For people who have multiple characters--are you doing ALL of the quests on every character?

Lol not if I don't have to... And It's good to leave the main ones for later so that you can get legendary marks in a hurry if you need them.

I main my warlock, doing all quests on warlock basically. And I got my Titan to 280 by only finishing the main story and infusion with warlock gear. And I'm gonna try to get my hunter raid ready without even doing most of the story.

ocean

Banned
you know the week before ttk i seen that thing after a game if the other team or yours owns the other is said some message about finding better balance or something not sure what it said but i haven't seen that since launch..
balanced matchmaking is a fucking joke in this game your either on the team that owns face or you lose by 5-9k points...
omewhere in the neighborhood of 63% of Control games finish with a score delta of < 6k points. Somewhere around half of those end with deltas of < 3k points. These are healthy and generally competitive matches. And look at those 10% of games with a score difference of less than 1000 points! Those are thrilling, down-to-the-wire games. These are the kinds of games we want you to experience in the Crucible.

We can also see that around 12-13% of games end with score deltas of > 10k points.
https://www.bungie.net/7_The-Mercy-Rule/en/News/News?aid=13473

This is a weird time. After months playing PvP exclusively, I've abandoned completely due to the myriad quests and raid preparation Etc.

However, most people are gonna play the Daily and try to complete Quests with PvP elements. A lot of people are playing hyper poorly trying their best to get Sword kills or Throwing knife kills or whatever it is their quests ask of them.

It sucks in a way that the game has objectives which encourage shitty play for selfish gains, but within some weeks two things should happen:

1. People who care about these quests will be done with them
2. The saturation of PvE things to do will have subsided, and more players will come back to PvP

Coupled with the eventual return of Iron Banner and Trials of Osiris, with all new shaders, emblems, armor and weapons, PvP will go back to its normal state.

Expect the next 2-3 weeks to remain a strange place of worse than usual lag, slow matchmaking, shitty players and incomplete matches. Once people are sort of done with Taken War / Oryx et al, we'll resume regular programming.

SnakeEyes

Banned
Quoting for new page:

Any experienced GAFers who may be wanting to run the Kings Fall raid on their atls, able to let me come with them? I've gotten as far as the Warpriest (still have the checkpoint if that matters) but this is my last chance to do the Raid before I go back to work and weekly reset.

PSN: Kurt-Niisan

I have a 292 Stormcaller, but can swap to Sunsinger for revives.

Shito

Have nearly not touched my 2 other characters *at all*.
I only re-did the main quest missions on my warlock to do them with my girlfriend, but for the moment I'm concentrating on my main hunter.
Haven't even levelled up the gunsmith on my late, even though that would have been a clever thing to do. ^^
I will do the quests on my alts but later on, slowly, and maybe not all of them.

1000 yard stare is one of the quest rewards. I wouldn't use marks on it.
Is it?
Either I forgot about it, or I didn't do this quest yet. ^^
Are the perks good on this one?

phen0m24

Starting NF! If you need one or would be kind enough to help please join on

XONE GAMERTAG: REINEGAO666

Trying to make GAF friends. Help a dude out.

Reinegao look up Bad to the Xbone and Voidfang Investments LLC clans on XBL - those guys are on a lot but not always on GAF. Most of Destiny GAF is PSN.

(nice work there on the request, though - sadly there just aren't quite as many..) :(

Check the first page of the thread I believe there is a list of Xboners. They are all really cool peeps.

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
Omg the jumping puzzle for the maggot stench chest is lame. Thank you random stonertitan for the hand lol

Anyone wanna get an emblem and a fragment? Need 2 ppl to open the door.

Just like many things in the new expansion, I'm totally lost and confused. I have something in my inventory called an Agonarch Rune and it looks like I'm making progess on it. It says 3 out 7. It was 2 yesterday.

I have no idea how I got it or how I even made it to 3 out of 7. Can someone explain this to me?

ocean

Banned
My alt Titan speed-leveled to 285 but is being choked by a 200 Blue Artifact. As in, a 300 Artifact will make him jump directly to 290.

I forget: what's the quest line I need to do for Eris to give me that 300? I've done nothing on this guy other than finish the "main" story campaign.

Juraash

So I just did rift for the daily. Stormcaller is fucking bonkers. I scored 29 kills and had the top score on the team despite not running the spark. It was really fun, but it seems crazy strong.

Also Boolean Gemini is really great so far. Good sound, good damage and fun in PVE and pvp.

Wallach

My alt Titan speed-leveled to 285 but is being choked by a 200 Blue Artifact. As in, a 300 Artifact will make him jump directly to 290.

I forget: what's the quest line I need to do for Eris to give me that 300? I've done nothing on this guy other than finish the "main" story campaign.

That's the CoO runes quest.

Falifax

CoO

6x Tier 1
3x Tier 2
1x Tier 3

darthbob

Raid Ready!

e0f481cb75.jpg

(not really, still need to optimize my gear)

Shito

Just like many things in the new expansion, I'm totally lost and confused. I have something in my inventory called an Agonarch Rune and it looks like I'm making progess on it. It says 3 out 7. It was 2 yesterday.

I have no idea how I got it or how I even made it to 3 out of 7. Can someone explain this to me?
You got it from killing a yellow taken that spawn from those taken "orbs" you activate by approaching them.
You charge it by killing others of this yellow takens, but I've yet to understand exactly how you are supposed to know which one is netting you progress.
As for its use, if you explored the dreadnaught you probably already know where to use it once charged. ^^

Pretty sure it was the Court of Oryx quest to do the various tiers.

You got it from killing a yellow taken that spawn from those taken "orbs" you activate by approaching them.
You charge it by killing others of this yellow takens, but I've yet to understand exactly how you are supposed to know which one is netting you progress.
As for its use, if you explored the dreadnaught you probably already know where to use it once charged. ^^

Thanks I figured as much. I kinda figured that's what was happening but I started double checking after I killed those enemies after they spawned and no progress was made.

Shito

Thanks I figured as much. I kinda figured that's what was happening but I started double checking after I killed those enemies after they spawned and no progress was made.
I saw a post on Reddit a few days ago theorising that those taken majors changed periodically tips with the days of the week.
Don't know if it has been proven true or not, but it seemed like we are supposed to kill one new guy each day to charge it up...

Only one per day. Takes 7 days to charge unless you transfer it to other characters.
Ah!
Makes sense then.
Thanks. ^^

purg3

slept with Malkin
So how does the quest line for hte Boolean Gemini work? I did all of Petra's line and just finished Varik's portion but only got a shader and a class item. What else do I need to do?

nowai

So how does the quest line for hte Boolean Gemini work? I did all of Petra's line and just finished Varik's portion but only got a shader and a class item. What else do I need to do?

I had to wait until the daily reset for Petra to give me the final questline.

Juraash

Wait a day I think. I got to this part and had the same thing happen. Logged on the next day and she gave me another short, fairly easy questline and at the end of it I got the gun.

Hey, Neoism if you still want those crucible wins I'm at the same part of the questline. If you want we can team up for skirmish and knock it out real quickly.

ocean

Banned
Once you've done everything for Petra (Lost and Found) and Variks (Wolves on Mars), you should get it immediately.

Unless, like me, you don't have Rank 3 with the Queen.

purg3

slept with Malkin
I had to wait until the daily reset for Petra to give me the final questline.

Wait a day I think. I got to this part and had the same thing happen. Logged on the next day and she gave me another short, fairly easy questline and at the end of it I got the gun.

Got it, I'll wait then. How is the gun anyway?

Once you've done everything for Petra (Lost and Found) and Variks (Wolves on Mars), you should get it immediately.

Unless, like me, you don't have Rank 3 with the Queen.

I'm Rank 3 and I didn't get anything, I guess I have to wait a day for the final part based on what those guys above are saying.

HeadsUp7Up

I came back after putting it down last year. Finishing up the original story before I dive into the new stuff. If you're new or old feel free to add me on PSN-javant86. Plan on being on for a couple of more hours this evening. Feel free to invite me to your fire team, I have a headset as well.

Not necessarily true, you pretty much need a sniper for the last boss, gets really painful without one.

Helpful but certainly not necessary.

Fusion rifle (for
ogres
) and machine gun (for
oryx
dps) works fine too. Sniper for the
two sisters
was more important for us in my opinion.

But on the topic of snipers, the raid sniper is fucking boss.

I <3 Zhalo Supercell so much. I love guns that are feel closer to real life guns. It is like a primary thunderlord but with even better perks and looks and shoots amazing.

Shito

I <3 Zhalo Supercell so much. I love guns that are feel closer to real life guns. It is like a primary thunderlord but with even better perks and looks and shoots amazing.
I hate auto-rifles but I can't get enough of using this weapon.
It feels so damn good to shoot.

So I got 2 questions...

1. How long does the new raid usually take if you or someone else already knows what they're doing? A couple of hours or is it a solid evening?

2. Is is true that the class specific gunsmith exotics can't be used by other classes, only by the class it belongs to?

Arrrammis

Anyone up for continuing the raid? I have a checkpoint at G
olgoroth
, would like to get him dead but overall I really want some phat loot, so if there's a group starting later on I'll join in.
PSN: Arrrammis

Does anybody wanna help me out with the Lost and Found Petra mission? I think I have to complete a Court of Oryx to finish the quest line.. PSN is voa127.

Would appreciate it.

Top Bottom