• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT31| The Courted Oryx (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

nowai

Got it, I'll wait then. How is the gun anyway?.

It's my favorite exotic primary so far. Draksis gifted me with the Jade Rabbit and the Zhalo Supercell as well. So far, I like the Gemini the best.

I will say that sights are a bit cluttered. For some reason, it has both red dot and iron sights making it hard to see your target some times. Once I got used to it, I was fine, but if it only had the red dot, the gun would be wonderful.

I might be changing my tune on Tuesday once I get the Ace of Spades, but for now, I am loving the Gemini.

So I got 2 questions...

1. How long does the new raid usually take if you or someone else already knows what they're doing? A couple of hours or is it a solid evening?

2. Is is true that the class specific gunsmith exotics can't be used by other classes, only by the class it belongs to?

It's an evening. Maybe in a month it'll be a couple hour thing. But this raid is huge. Hopefully no one says otherwise right now. Ill have to call massive bullshit.

Second, that's correct on the gunsmith exotics.

It's fun learning all the roles through the raid. I may be the only one, but I really enjoy (end raid spoiler - avoid at all casts)
racing for the Relic during Oryx. Warlock Glide is so majestic. Then you land and get to use your sword!

Played Rift daily came in first and won :D
Was rewarded with a baby Hawkmoon.

lD8VWVx.jpg
Eyasluna
One day, young hawk, thou shalt sail beneath the silvered moon.

I believe it was meant for someone else.

does firefly not roll on hand cannons? i know the NM vendor has one, but in the possible perks for that gun it doesn't show it.

Juraash

Got it, I'll wait then. How is the gun anyway?

I'm Rank 3 and I didn't get anything, I guess I have to wait a day for the final part based on what those guys above are saying.

I've been using it all day and it's pretty great so far. The perks seem a little odd at first but they are nice once you actually start using them. It has pretty solid impact so it packs a decent punch.

I am stuck using remote play on a Vita and I cannot get past the daily story mission can anyone jump in and give me a hand?

PSN AdmiralMidget

I am near then end just jump in and help me survive the end haha

Oh wait, how much is exotic blueprint for year 2 version? Worth it?

Hmm. Depends. Wild drops are 290, blueprints are 280.

They are 125 legendary marks I believe. Maybe 120.

How badly do you want the weapon? I splurged on a Bad Juju but that's it so far. Almost wish I hadn't because the Suros does fucking work in the raid right now.

Edit: 150 marks. My bad.

In party with what seems mostly kids -____- but still, where GAF failed, DestinyLFG came through and I will be able to check out the raid.

150 Legendary Marks. As to if it's worth it... up to you.

Hmm. Depends. Wild drops are 290, blueprints are 280.

They are 125 legendary marks I believe. Maybe 120.

How badly do you want the weapon? I splurged on a Bad Juju but that's it so far. Almost wish I hadn't because the Suros does fucking work in the raid right now.

Thanks. I don't have year 2 bad juju available for whatever reason.

I'll probably just stick with getting a legendary, most likely the pulse.

I am stuck using remote play on a Vita and I cannot get past the daily story mission can anyone jump in and give me a hand?

PSN AdmiralMidget

I am near then end just jump in and help me survive the end haha

Ok I am hiding in the corner at the end haha, can someone help for 5min?

Shit why are these terrible randoms always on my team. The hardest part about this crucible questline is constantly fighting an uphill battle due to moronic teammates.

123rl

Court Of Oryx is honestly one of my favourite things in this game. I've had so many stage 3 runes and been very lucky to be in the right place with the right ransoms. Here's a video of me taking down the boss, if anyone hasn't seen this fight yet. I started on my own but only because I could see a few other players were nearby. They jumped in to help out and destroyed the boss at the right time. We then continued playing CoO for about 20 minutes and I got a shit-ton of loot. CoO is very unpredictable but the community seems great whenever I try it.

http://xboxclips.com/RLench/52b28161-7e3a-4b23-893d-c4c235084708

So as I wait for arms day when my exotic sword arrives..I wonder if having it turn exotic is actually going to make it less useful. I might regret doing it at all.

Having to remove an exotic to allow the sword would suck.

Considering making a sword on another character is an option I suppose, and not upgrading ti to exotic. What does GAF think?

nOoblet16

I think the Oryx fight itself is quite easy and simple even mechanically but very unforgiving, some parts require that no mistakes be made otherwise it leads to a wipe (Don't really like this type of game design). Once people get past 300 I think most would start having some leeway.

Think even down the line the biggest "test of skill" fight would be Golgoroth because it involves time management and requires you to be on your toes. It also demands spontaneity to salvage situations....these are things you don't really do much anywhere else in the game.

Shit why are these terrible randoms always on my team. The hardest part about this crucible questline is constantly fighting an uphill battle due to moronic teammates.

haha it just feels like they're always on your team. it's highly frustrating when you're trying to get something done.

I think the Oryx fight itself is quite easy and simple even mechanically but very unforgiving, once people get past 300 I think most would start having some leeway.

Think even down the line the biggest "test of skill" fight would be Golgoroth because it involves time management and requires you to be on your toes. It also demands spontaneity to salvage situations....these are things you don't really do much anywhere else in the game.

Haven't raided yet, but all of VoG was like that. I hope more of that reruns in future raids.

Definity

I think the Oryx fight itself is quite easy and simple even mechanically but very unforgiving, once people get past 300 I think most would start having some leeway.

Folks are already killing golgoroth with just one guy on gaze duty. They let gaze run out and clear adds - rinse repeat dps. This puts you closer to enrage timer but it can be done with just one person up top. Works in normal mode but doubtful it would work in hard mode.

BraXzy

Increasing your light level past the 290 mark is so hard! Not had any luck today, I'm the same level I was after the raid yesterday :(

Might start back on my Warlock now. Any want to party up on X1 to level up/ do the TTK story?

Increasing your light level past the 290 mark is so hard! Not had any luck today, I'm the same level I was after the raid yesterday :(

Might start back on my Warlock now. Any want to party up on X1 to level up/ do the TTK story?

Court of Oryx.

People will come over if they are in the instance and you set off a level 1 on your own, which is easy to solo. Before you know it you have a gang and you're playing higher level rounds and the blues are dropping fast and furious. Good infuse fodder

once you're in the upper 280's, what is the best way to find higher attack stuff to use for infusing? are blues the best bet there?

What Durden said. Also run the heroic strike playlist. Don't go to orbit and it starts raining engrams.

Also, don't forget to pop 3oCs after each ultra.

phen0m24

Court of Oryx.

People will come over if they are in the instance and you set off a level 1 on your own, which is easy to solo. Before you know it you have a gang and you're playing higher level rounds and the blues are dropping fast and furious. Good infuse fodder

This one speaketh the truth. Court is so much fun and usually people will jump in. Lots of drops.

Top Bottom